By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U at Best Buy - not looking great

Probably because spurgeonryan is hogging all the stock at his Wal Mart

Around the Network

The one near my home is the same.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Funky Barn is $27?

I wish I had this Rapala game, I love these.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

This reminds me of when I went to a Best Buy (I live in Philly, so big area) to get Mario Kart 8. They didn't have any on the shelf, so I ended having to ask an associate in the gaming department if they had any. He said he'd check, but not before asking me what system it was for. Asking me what system MARIO Kart 8 was on. I'd understand if his first guess was 3DS, or even Wii or DS, but his first guess? XBOX. I was so close to walking out.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network

That looks just like my local best buy. Totally weak...

cycycychris said:
All the stores around me have a good size Wii U section. It's not huge but they got all the most wanted games. Nothing like the one example you gave us. Mind posting a pic of the Vita section(which is 7 games big if your lucky at stores around me).

What does the Vita have to do with this thead?  Why not check out the Dream Cast section, it would be as relevant

beaides why bring in Vita anyway- it has sold more than the Wii U. 

most wi u sections in store are far smaller than than home consoles from this gen or last 

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
noname2200 said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
I feel like making a thread of me going to my local Target and showcasing the Wii U section (because its ALWAYS sold out there). Then I guess that would disprove this thread right? :-/

Not if it means the retailer had a clearance sale and hasn't bothered to restock. O

No they don't. I visit the Mall that Target is in at least once a week, and they get Wii U's by 2s and 4s. If anything they tend to do that with the Nintendo 2DS (been on sales multiple times for $99.99). Most of the time I see one or none Wii Us behind the glass shelf.

Also what's even more interesting is that my Best Buy is always LOADED on Xbones (Even more than Wii Us). Not that it proves anything, but I've seen tons of PS4 sales while only seeing one XBONE sale ever...

Again, crap proof, but if OP wants to share personal experience...

If Target is consistently out of a product it is due or it not being well stocked -  if the product was selling well they would not let the shelf stay consistently  empty unless it is due to supply constraints which we know is not the case with Wii U games 

an empty shelf is typically a bad thing in retail So your personal experience is not a good one for the Wii u 

That image proves nothing.

It can be evidence of abandonment or
It can be evidence of people buying games faster than they can get them into the store and on shelves.

Well I mean we have NPD numbers and we know the Wii U is not selling great, so it's not like it's some huge secret or point of debate. The system isn't doing well. There probably are more than a few stores that look like this as a result, whereas others don't.