By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crash Team Racing or Mario Kart 64?

I've played alot of Mario games. I just don't think those games are the best of video gaming, with some exceptions. To me they're just kind of tired, but of course it's an opinion just as yours.

Around the Network

Agreed, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
You're just in the minority (as increasing sales clearly show)

I also fail to see how Mario Kart is done to death when there are more Gran Turismos each generaiton than there are Mario Karts.

Maybe NYANKS would like Mario Kart more if it was only five hours long, was in HD and had no online? ^_-

Also Konnichiwa, how big was Zach & Wiki's advertising budget vs Lairs? Exactly.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
1: Stop making shooters. Please. You're not Valve or Free Radical.
2: Stop trying to force photo-realism down my throat until you can get out of the uncanny valley. Work on style and presentation instead of just pixels and bloom.
3: Try something weird and new, and hope we like it.

You'll cut costs way more than you cut revenue, and thus increase profit.
4D Gamer III said:

I also fail to see how Mario Kart is done to death when there are more Gran Turismos each generaiton than there are Mario Karts.

Maybe NYANKS would like Mario Kart more if it was only five hours long, was in HD and had no online? ^_-

=p  Oh boy you should watch out what you say...Aren't all MK games so far finished in less than five hours?

I don't know anymore the last one I played was MK on DS.

The eight cups were finished quickly the same about the challenges/missions..

I think  I finished it in  less than five hours and MK on the Wii can maybe be finished in less than 5 hours too =p.

But it depends what is finished for you... 

konnichiwa said:
4D Gamer III said:

Maybe NYANKS would like Mario Kart more if it was only five hours long, was in HD and had no online? ^_-

=p  Oh boy you should watch out what you say...Aren't all MK games so far finished in less than five hours?

I think  I finished it in  less than five hours and MK on the Wii can maybe be finished in less than 5 hours too =p.

Ah yes, hair splitting, there we go. Take that Mario Kart, lol.

I see you missed the jab.

2: Stop trying to force photo-realism down my throat until you can get out of the uncanny valley. Work on style and presentation instead of just pixels and bloom.

Around the Network
4D Gamer III said:
konnichiwa said:
4D Gamer III said:

=p Oh boy you should watch out what you say...Aren't all MK games so far finished in less than five hours?

I think I finished it in less than five hours and MK on the Wii can maybe be finished in less than 5 hours too =p.

I know what your point is .

It only was strange that you put five hours long in it =p.

I don't think people really but it for the singleplayer =p.

konnichiwa said:
4D Gamer III said:
konnichiwa said:
4D Gamer III said:

=p Oh boy you should watch out what you say...Aren't all MK games so far finished in less than five hours?

I think I finished it in less than five hours and MK on the Wii can maybe be finished in less than 5 hours too =p.

I know what your point is .

It only was strange that you put five hours long in it =p.

I don't think people really but it for the singleplayer =p.

Exactly.

I would say Crash Team Racing is better. I felt that its tracks were more imaginative and I do prefer heat seeking missiles and TNT crates to turtle shells and banana peels. I imagine some might say having turtle shells and banana peels for weapons is more imaginative...but I think it makes it just more kiddie friendly.

I also felt Mario Kart 64 was a bit too much...spritey.

With all this kart talk....I want Mario Kart for the Wii!! NOW X°X.

People who find it silly to even mention CTR in the same sentence as MK64 have clearly not play the former game.

I for one hardly ever played MK64, but the original MK is a game I've invested a lot of time in many years ago. I was also quite surprised to find the same level of fun in a non-MK game, namely CTR.

There's no better game, they're both great games. I find it sad though that Vivendi got a hold of the Crash franchise and ruined it.

Jak X was also a great kart game by the way, although it didn't get a lot of attention.