By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 11 October 2014

Kerotan said:
I'm certain the X1 will sell 95% more next year.

I'm 95% sure X1 won't sell 95% more next year. But also am 95% sure it will have some YOY growth.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Kerotan said:

I'm 95% sure X1 won't sell 95% more next year. But also am 95% sure it will have some YOY growth.

I'm 95% sure I got too ahead of myself. 

My new prediction is it's sales will be 95% of 2014's total so a 5% decrease. That sound reasonable? 

Kerotan said:
DonFerrari said:
Kerotan said:

I'm 95% sure I got too ahead of myself. 

My new prediction is it's sales will be 95% of 2014's total so a 5% decrease. That sound reasonable? 

190% (2*95%) more probable than being 95% more than 2014.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

prinz_valium said:

yes, but that was not the baseline

that was the "ohh we will realse a new sku in 2 weeks. dont buy our current ones anymore"  week or weeks

The baseline was well below 50k before they announced the price cut. On May the 10th (the week before the kinectless announcement) it sold 37k. Xbox One sales simply plummeted after Titanfall's release.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Good FW sales for drive club if the numbers are correct.

Around the Network

october 18 us preorders are up
cod, bayo 2, smash, and pokemon dominate XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Wow @ Monster Hunter 4G and 3DS sales, Sony should really moneyhat Capcom to make them make Monter Hunter Freedom 4 for PSV.
The only other platform with good weekly HW sales is PS4 this time, but at least it's a good week for SW for many platforms.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alien Isolation did ok. I hope it sells for a long time! Driveclub is quite good, now the issues need to be fixed fast or the legs will be bad.

DriveClub is considerably higher than I would've thought. I expect quite a big drop next week but it should be able to reach 1.5m LT with this

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

PS4 is really beasting the software now.

• Five of the top ten selling games are PS4 SKUs.
  • PS4 has sold 10m more software than WiiU already. 1.5m+ more than WiiU this week alone. Seems like only yesterday that they switched places in that regard
  • FIFA PS4 reached 3m this week. Not long until it outsells Destiny to become the top selling PS4 game (~300k gap, FIFA sold ~120k more this week)
  • Looks like Shadow of Mordor PS4 can reach 1m before the holiday season even begins
  • DriveClub sells better than many expected. 50k more than FH2 XB1 has done in 2 weeks, although I expect DC to be adjusted down somewhat down the line.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com