By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It isn't all Resident Evil 4s fault

Do you agree?

no, its all RE4s fault 37 38.14%

yes, RE5 because it wasn't scary at all 60 61.86%

Total:97

I blame the Japanese for ditching consoles and making japanese companies look for other fanbases!

Around the Network

RE4 was the beginning of the end, it was better than RE5 which really killed anything that remained. I just finished RE:CV again recently and i really really miss this type of game. I am looking forward to playing the evil within hoping it could bring a little bit of the RE feel back. Also RE Revelations was a step in the right direction but still not there.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Technically we can blame Nintendo gamers for not buying the Resident Evil Remake. The creator of RE said that they experimented with many different ideas but decided to go with a more action-oriented game because the REmake didn't sell.

His favorite game in the series was the remake. He thought that people must not want scary anymore because it didn't sell to his expectations.

So, blame Nintendo gamers, then blame RE4 for being what it was

The proof that GC owners are to blame:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/26/resident-evil-4-came-out-of-the-commercial-failure-of-re-remake

*Sound Of Rain said:
The proof that GC owners are to blame:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/26/resident-evil-4-came-out-of-the-commercial-failure-of-re-remake

Oh c'mon ... 

I'm far from a Nintendo apologist but isn't Capcom partly to blame here for expecting REmake to sell gangbusters on the GAMECUBE ?!

Around the Network

REmake's sales weren't that bad at all considering 1: it was a remake of an older game, not a brand new one, and 2: it was released within the first 6 months of the GC's life, so not a big install base to begin with PLUS it was one of just a handful of Mature titles on a Nintendo console where Mature games don't sell well to begin with... Eternal Darkness came out just a couple months after REmake and didn't exactly light up the sales charts either.

RE4 was a nice mixture of old and new gameplay and breathed new life into a series and a genre that was pretty stale by the time RE4 was finally released, then RE5 turned the series into Gears of Evil.

If you're going to make a RE game, you do it one of two ways... either like REmake, or RE4. That's it.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Nothing is to blame but Capcom, and basically their greed. Anyone can take something good and try to recreate it and push it further and further into that same direction until it's junk, and that's not the fault of the original good work. Resident Evil 4 was purely good, and they weren't happy with just that, as basically no big publisher will be when they achieve something. It's their job to run with it until it's burned up.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

gcube2000 said:

A lot of people blame RE4 for beginning the downfall in the RE series, but it isn't all true.  I didn't really like the clunky controls, and weird camera angles. I think RE4 was the perfect mix for horror and third person shooter. If RE5 and RE6 were the same level as RE4 (third person shooter while maintaining the scary atmosphere) the series would still be scary. I blame it on RE5.

Resident Evil 5 isn't that great of a game, but it's better than Resident Evil 4.  You and all the others need to take off dem rose tinted glasses.  Resident Evil 4 is meh and it's the very beginning of when the series turned to shit. 

Here's something I wrote about Resident Evil 4 and some sixth gen games just a couple of days ago.  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6762853

I blame 3D.

RE:Z on the gamecube went back to 2D backgrounds and it was awesome.

RE4 was the beginning of the end. I love RE5 for what it is. If you want RE5 to be more survival horror play it with the brightness almost all the way down and on the hardest difficulty. It's quite fun. But RE-CV was when RE was at its best.