By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will you buy a Playstation TV?

Will you buy a Playstion TV?

Hell no! I dont like Sony 41 18.30%

I OWN a Vita, but HAVENT decided 19 8.48%

I DONT have a Vita, but HAVENT decided 22 9.82%

I OWN a Vita, so DONT plan to get one 31 13.84%

I DONT have a Vita, but DONT want one 50 22.32%

I OWN a Vita, but WILL be getting one 30 13.39%

I DONT own a Vita, but WILL get one 18 8.04%

Hell yes! I love Sony 13 5.80%

Total:224

I already own a Vita and will be buying one. I enjoy the console and would like the ability to more effectively future-proof my games. Plus, there's certain stuff I'd probably carry on playing on the big screen while my Vita is charging.

Around the Network

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........NO

The Nexus player is a much better choice for media and the remote play app will definitely be ported to it. Just get that instead. The Vita games are better played on a Vita.

WOW seems like it will be another flop for SONY. Good for me because I will pick one up for cheap then. I only really want it for the remote play feature. $100 is too much for it not to even support Netflix at launch.

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

So to summarize how the poll has gone thus far, after 145 votes

81 - definitely dont want (over 50%)
28 - on the fence
36 - who plan to get one

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Around the Network
manuelogando40 said:

what is this?¿?

Its basically a small Vita box, but has no screen or controls. You plug it into your TV (like a normal console) and use a Dualshock 3/4 as the controller and can play (selected) Vita games on a normal TV.

It also can be utilized as a remote play device for the PS4, or for watching TV like on a Fire TV (though at present atleast Netflix and Huilu and stuff arent available for it, may only be the Sony service that is, though im not sure on this).

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

If it supported all vita games then I'd buy it.

I would seriously consider buying it if the PS4 remote play worked flawless. It is the main reason I would even want one, that way I can just keep my PS4 in my man cave.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I have a VITA. If they ever patch this thing to allow for game control using the VITA, I would buy it instantly. But as it stands right now, too many VITA games don't work on it because of the lack of a touch screen and pad. The ability to play PSP games on a TV is a decent sized incentive, though.

I would have gotten this for Netflix functionality, but Google Chromecast has filled that need for me.

Tachikoma said:
I've had one for a long time already, no option for me in the poll.

How do you like it?