By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prédiction : PS4 total sales by the end of 2014 > Wii U lifetime sales

Aphelion said:
jonathanalis said:
Wii u can reach 11M this year.
Next, is expected to be bigger than this year. I would say 5 to 6 million, and also the top Wii u year.
2016 will be like 3 to 4 million. The other years will depend whenever they release the sucessor.
I expect like 25M.
Ps4 wont reach this in 2015.

lol are you saying PS4 will not hit 25 million by the end of 2015, becuse ill be give or take 40 million by then.

25m for PS4 is about march/april. 

i thought we are talking about 2015 only sales. january 2015 to december 2015.

Around the Network
prinz_valium said:

ps4 is at 1.25m for september

what do think how much it is undertracked?

1.5m for september (could be possible)

2m? ofc not

1.5m september would give an average of 300k a week

september got destiny and fifa 15 release

so why should october be at the same pace and not drop without any big new games or bundles?

300k each weak for october ist just a NO WAY

p.s:

wii biggest october were 1.6m and 1.5m in its second and third year

no u predict a 1.2m october for ps4 first year? comon

VGC just adjusted PS4 up to just under 1.4m for September. The baseline is being systematically undertracked, I suspect it's already around 250k or so.

October has some big games and a white DC bundle which would be enough to increase the baseline a bit.

Btw, what did Wii do in its first September and first October?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

wii best September was 1.45m
wii fist September was below 1.2m
wii fist october was slightly over 1m

we really Need new ps4 number to see if it is overtracked by now
some guys here really overerstimate october sales

the sales could be true, but its not heavily undertracked anymore.

prinz_valium said:

Seems like PS4 is doing better than Wii for September at least and tied launch to date... let's see how the rest of the holiday folds down.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I think Wii U will sell around 25m lft 

PS4 will surpass that sometime in 2015

Around the Network

I think by the end of 2015 PS4 will be at about 40m, and I'm predicting Wii U lifetime sales a bit higher than that

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Actually it is very possible. I think the Wii U will only reach ~20m, so yeah maybe.

DonFerrari said:
prinz_valium said:

Seems like PS4 is doing better than Wii for September at least and tied launch to date... let's see how the rest of the holiday folds down.

yes, the same

ps4 fist september: 1.45m
wii best september: 1.45m

ps4 did incredible the first and thrid quarter after launch. if it can keep the pace for holiday, this console will sell gangbusters over lifetime

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

With the 34 million of the N64 and 22 million of the Game Cube. Nintendo still managed to make a profit, selling on average 5.5 million console per year over the duration of the 5th and 6th generations. The Wiis arrival in late 2006 went on to sell more console systems in 3 years with 60+ million than the N64 and Game Cube sold over a decade between the mid 1990s up to the end of 2006.

Wii U will continue to turn a profit for Nintendo despite its slow start and it should sell some where between the Game Cube and N64s sales. 30 million Wii U sold for this generation is a fair prediction.

The Wii u is not selling at a profit yet and 30 million sold is a bold prediction - assuming its lifetime is counted till the release of the next Nintenso home console -  it would take aprox 4+ more years selling at 5 million a year - something it did not do last year and nearly guaranteed not to do this year 

DarkRPGamer007 said:
I think by the end of 2015 PS4 will be at about 40m, and I'm predicting Wii U lifetime sales a bit higher than that

How do U see the Wii U getting to over 40 million lifetime?