By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can GTA5 (Xbox One + PS4) Outsell Smash Bros (Wii U + 3DS)?

tbone51 said:
Squeezol said:

Based on my prediction Smash Bros won't have a chance, but of course in reality there is always a chance for it to happen.

Thats what i like to hear ;-D Btw, what is your prediction for both SSB games, im curious

Well, I think around 5 million sales for 3DS and 6 million for Wii U. I really expect GTA V (XOne + PS4) to do at least around 15 mil.

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:
toastboy x cybersai = doom of the internet.

Too bad no one else understands that. 

Squeezol said:
tbone51 said:
Squeezol said:

Based on my prediction Smash Bros won't have a chance, but of course in reality there is always a chance for it to happen.

Thats what i like to hear ;-D Btw, what is your prediction for both SSB games, im curious

Well, I think around 5 million sales for 3DS and 6 million for Wii U. I really expect GTA V (XOne + PS4) to do at least around 15 mil.

Its anybody's guess for SSBU (anywhere between 3mil-8mil is fine, depending on your take for the game) but that 3ds prediction is...... KINDA LOW XD

C'mon man 5mil Lifetime for 3ds version? It was 2.8mil sold WW on Oct 5th (23 days for Japan and 3 days everywhere else). My guess is by end of Oct it will easily be over 3.5mil, maybe closer to 4mil (okay maybe not) but imo 5mil is almost lock by years end!

This is what I see....

Japan: 2.3mil (its between 1.55mil-1.60mil just with retail and will not drop under 40k for the rest of the year weekly imo. Digital is high, just dunno how much it is but its no less than 56k)

US: 705k in 2 days (Will easily be close to 1.5mil before SSBU comes out, i think 2mil by years end, maybe over)

Delusion.

hmm.. unsure, GTA 5 is still an old game.. don't know how many are willing to re-buy it that haven't gotten it already

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Around the Network
Maraccuda said:
Very possible, but I really dont want it too. I am not fond of support for ports.

It is a bit more than a simple port though. This version has actually got content that the last gen versions did not have.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

It depends of whether or not people who bought the game on ps3/360 are willing to double dip . So to be honest, it can goes either way.

I thought we were only allowed to compare sales of games from the same franchise now.

Angelv577 said:
It depends of whether or not people who bought the game on ps3/360 are willing to double dip . So to be honest, it can goes either way.

makes sense. GTA can go anywhere between 5mil-20mil (i think 11mil-13mil is a safe bet)

I don't see smash bros selling more than 5 million, so yes.