By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predicting 2015 in Gaming

PSABR2 + Horizon announced for a Q4 release.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
small44 said:

Well... Selling "well" isn't really a good thing considering they are probably going to sell half of the sales of the DS... And smartphones are a competition to the handheld when you look at the amount of third party games that are coming to them... You already have games like Dragon Quest, The world Ends with you, Final Fantasy any many others already going to smartphones and not to mention that Google, Apple and Samsung has been stating a lot that they will be pushing games in the neat future as well as getting exclusives. On top of that, you have Amazon buying game developers to push even more games for their respective devices so yes, I think in the future, by the time Nintendo releases their next handheld (around 2017), Phones will be a legit competition

If you think 3ds is selling bad because is doing less then ds then any console will be considered selling bad compared to ps2,ds sold that well because of casuals gamers those gamers will never buy a handheld again,without the early 3ds mistake i think it would sold as well as other Nintendo handheld except the ds.

I don't say Sony will surely make a new handheld i just say it's still possible,if they believe they can  attract 3rd party to support their next handheld then they will do a new one if not they will abandon handheld without a doubt

If 3rd party support the next Sony handheld if it exist with exclusivity  AAA spin off or multiplatform and not old port i'm sure it will succeed.

People said ps4 would sold bad  because  ps3 is doing bad look how it turn

Well, its not selling bad cause its not doing as great as the DS... Its selling bad (more like well) cause its selling half as much as the DS without any direct "competition." The DS at least had the PSP to compete against but the Vita sales are a joke compared to the 3ds yet the 3ds still isn't doing remarkably...

And well, the ps3 didn't really do bad... 80 million+ isn't bad loll. All I am saying is that they won't make another handheld cause of how quickly and easily they gave up on the Vita after one mediocre holiday... They didn't even try to recover... Its like their commitment on the Vita is almost zero outside of Japan...

I highly doubt Sony will launch another handheld cause the Vita isn't the ps3 where Sony recovered it from being a flop, Sony seems to have zero cares left in the handheld space and I think they would much rather spend their money else where (Or maybe even save it considering how much money they lost this year in their whole company)

80 millions is a little bit less then half of what ps2 did so if you think 3ds is a failure then ps3 is a failure too,when you look psp games and ds games you see that they have completly different games so both handheld was not a direct competitor.

I think Sony know that 3rd party is the key of Vita success and since 3rd party completly abandoned Vita(in fact 3rd party never support vita) at least Sony release the second biggest Playstation IP on it.

PS3 was confirmed that it make a big loose for Sony but we don't now if Vita make them money or not especially with those big numbers of indies games,like i said to you if Sony is confident that there's next handheld will be supported by 3rd party they will release another handheld which i doubt but still possible.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Oh and I think GameFreak will go with the Black/White 2 "sequel" approach for X and Y rather than a third version and announce X2 and Y2, with the 2 stylized like exponents and called X Squared/Y Squared.

HyrulianScrolls said:
Oh and I think GameFreak will go with the Black/White 2 "sequel" approach for X and Y rather than a third version and announce X2 and Y2, with the 2 stylized like exponents and called X Squared/Y Squared.

That is a given I think.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

small44 said:

Well, its not selling bad cause its not doing as great as the DS... Its selling bad (more like well) cause its selling half as much as the DS without any direct "competition." The DS at least had the PSP to compete against but the Vita sales are a joke compared to the 3ds yet the 3ds still isn't doing remarkably...

And well, the ps3 didn't really do bad... 80 million+ isn't bad loll. All I am saying is that they won't make another handheld cause of how quickly and easily they gave up on the Vita after one mediocre holiday... They didn't even try to recover... Its like their commitment on the Vita is almost zero outside of Japan...

I highly doubt Sony will launch another handheld cause the Vita isn't the ps3 where Sony recovered it from being a flop, Sony seems to have zero cares left in the handheld space and I think they would much rather spend their money else where (Or maybe even save it considering how much money they lost this year in their whole company)

80 millions is a little bit less then half of what ps2 did so if you think 3ds is a failure then ps3 is a failure too,when you look psp games and ds games you see that they have completly different games so both handheld was not a direct competitor.

I think Sony know that 3rd party is the key of Vita success and since 3rd party completly abandoned Vita(in fact 3rd party never support vita) at least Sony release the second biggest Playstation IP on it.

PS3 was confirmed that it make a big loose for Sony but we don't now if Vita make them money or not especially with those big numbers of indies games,like i said to you if Sony is confident that there's next handheld will be supported by 3rd party they will release another handheld which i doubt but still possible.

Well, the ps3 had a ton of issues that are not present in the 3ds... The ps3 had super high price point during launch, it had stiff competition against the 360 and wii and it had architectural issues in the sense that the cell was very hard to work with and most third party games performed better on the 360... So selling 80+ million with all those issues is quite an achievement... But the 3ds didn't really have any of those issues.. It hardly had any competition, the architecture isn't very hard to work with (compared to the ps3 level of difficutly) and it had/has plently of third party games/exclusives... So, the fact that it still can't sell as much as the ps3 is pretty bad...

And heres the thing though... See, a lot of people buy products based on experiences... One of the reasons why the ps4 is selling so well is because of how awesome the ps3 was... Sony supported the ps3 like crazy and so did third party after the first couple of years so the customer experience on it is great and memorable.. On the Vita, most games aren't appealing to most people and a lot of people are clearly seeing that Sony has no interest on supporting it which leads to a horrible experience in the eyes of a lot of people and they will remember the lack of support on the Vita so if Sony were to release another handheld, they need to regain that trust which isn't exactly easy...

The Vita to me looks like an unintended exit strategy out of the handheld market. All Sony basically seems to do is just collect whatever money they can and not go through with it ever again cause in order to build up that consumer trust that they failed with the Vita, they need a lot of work which again, I highly doubt they are preparing to do cause they have been in the business long enough to know what builds consumer trust and what distroys it and the Vita is distroying it in the handheld space for Sony imo.

But I guess its still "possible" for them to release another handheld but its also possible for me to get laid tonight but will that happen? Probably not so will this happen? Probably not

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
zumnupy10 said:
- Xenoblade chronicles is released. Receives mixed reviews and it's a massive comercial failure.
- New 3DS fails hard. Iwata finally steps down as Nintendo CEO.

I sense some angst here. Pretty funny actually. 

(Although Xenoblade being a commercial failure is obvious.)

• Sony will announce a new handheld (somewhere early/mid 2015)
  • MS will bring the X1 Lite/Slim for Holiday 2015
  • PS4 will keep it's domination WW, but X1 will be a healthy competitor in some particular regions (Wii U will sell very bad till holiday 2015).
  • Lost Odyssey 2 will be announced to X1
  • Dragon Quest XI will be PS4 Exclusive
  • Half Life 3 will be announced, will be exclusive to Steam Console.

My personel reflexions on your preview:

Sony might announce a new handheld, but I fear that one would be a Japan exclusive one since the Vita is on Life support in the west.

I don't see SONY of Microsoft bring out a slim version of there consoles until they can get a die shrink to 16/14nm, which is probably not coming before 2016 with AMD. Slimming the console down before that (the 20nm apparently almost doesn't bring any progress on that matter, hence why graphics cards are still blocked on 28nm) will not bring enough to solve any heating problems which would come with the small casing.

PS4's domination will not be scratched, that's for sure unless SONY goes bankrupt. However, I don't think the Wii U will sell any worse next year than it did this year, at least until the holyday season (there it depends if Zelda gets delayed or not). The Wii U has a steady stream of games coming out next year so sales shouldn't slump like they did in the past. The Xbox' succes really depends on its exclusives, since apart from them the console is basically just a weaker PS4 for the same price without kinect. Halo 5 of course will be very helpful on that matter but it only comes out by the end of next year (unless it gets delayed, of course). What else does the console have as high profile exclusives? (honest question, I really don't know about that)

About Lost Odyssey 2, if it sold well in Japan I don't see that one coming, considering it comes from a japanese Studio and the Xbox ONEs sales are absolutely abysmal over there.

Dragon Quest XI a PS4 exclusive? Really, I don't see any way that would be announced in 2015. After all, Japan is by far and wide the biggest market for Dragon Quest  and considering its sales are even worse than those of the Dreamcast back there I just don't see that happening in 2015. Maybe if the PS4 manages to catch more Steam they could release DQ XII on the console but not XI. However, a DQ XI coming to Vita could be quite possible.

Steam Machines run on a reskinned version of Linux. What might happen would be a Linux exclusive Half-Life 3, but a Steam Machine exclusive is just not possible with the concept

small44 said:

Well, the ps3 had a ton of issues that are not present in the 3ds... The ps3 had super high price point during launch, it had stiff competition against the 360 and wii and it had architectural issues in the sense that the cell was very hard to work with and most third party games performed better on the 360... So selling 80+ million with all those issues is quite an achievement... But the 3ds didn't really have any of those issues.. It hardly had any competition, the architecture isn't very hard to work with (compared to the ps3 level of difficutly) and it had/has plently of third party games/exclusives... So, the fact that it still can't sell as much as the ps3 is pretty bad...

And heres the thing though... See, a lot of people buy products based on experiences... One of the reasons why the ps4 is selling so well is because of how awesome the ps3 was... Sony supported the ps3 like crazy and so did third party after the first couple of years so the customer experience on it is great and memorable.. On the Vita, most games aren't appealing to most people and a lot of people are clearly seeing that Sony has no interest on supporting it which leads to a horrible experience in the eyes of a lot of people and they will remember the lack of support on the Vita so if Sony were to release another handheld, they need to regain that trust which isn't exactly easy...

The Vita to me looks like an unintended exit strategy out of the handheld market. All Sony basically seems to do is just collect whatever money they can and not go through with it ever again cause in order to build up that consumer trust that they failed with the Vita, they need a lot of work which again, I highly doubt they are preparing to do cause they have been in the business long enough to know what builds consumer trust and what distroys it and the Vita is distroying it in the handheld space for Sony imo.

But I guess its still "possible" for them to release another handheld but its also possible for me to get laid tonight but will that happen? Probably not so will this happen? Probably not

So you think it's possible but unlikly so this point it's clear

3DS has also price problem people say it's too much for a week handheld especially when it's priced the same as Vita and when 3DS got the price cut it was tracked ahead of ds for a while and the second problem was the numbers of delayed games when 3ds was interduced Nintendo list a huge list of games coming to 3ds.

3ds still had another 50$ price cut to do and still had a lot of support to improve it's sale

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:

So you think it's possible but unlikly so this point it's clear

3DS has also price problem people say it's too much for a week handheld especially when it's priced the same as Vita and when 3DS got the price cut it was tracked ahead of ds for a while and the second problem was the numbers of delayed games when 3ds was interduced Nintendo list a huge list of games coming to 3ds.

3ds still had another 50$ price cut to do and still had a lot of support to improve it's sale

Oh come on... The ps3 had delayed games up the ass and the 3ds price was no where near the issue that it had of the ps3 yet the ps3 still managed to outsell it... Sure the 3ds was tracking ahead of the DS but the ps4 is tracking ahead of the ps2 but that doesn't mean it will sell as much as the ps2 so just cause the 3ds was tracking ahead of the DS for a marginal amount of time doesn't really mean it could have sold as well... I mean, just look at the sitution... The ps3 had soo many issues yet it still managed to sell 80+ million where as the 3ds doesn't have nearly as many issues but it will be lucky to even reach 70 million...

And The 2ds costs around $100 on sale and goes to that price very frequently... How much cheaper can you get?

And yes... Anything is possible if you reach far enough... That doesn't mean it will happen...

Anyway, I think we have went off-topic for long enough so lets go our seperate ways and see what happens

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

lord_of_flood said:

Just Nintendo predictions for now.

• Wii U's peak year will be 2015. ~5m units sold for the next fiscal year.
  • 3DS's sales stagnate but do not decline from previous year due to introduction of the New 3DS in Western regions.
  • New 3DS gets released in NA/EU before the end of this fiscal year. Probably sometime between mid-February to early March.
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will hit in Q1 around the same time as the launch of the New 3DS.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS will hit all regions at the same time sometime in between Q2-Q3.
  • Code Name STEAM will also hit sometime in between Q2-Q3.
  • All first half 2015 Wii U games will hit their targets. Yoshi's Wooly World in February, Mario Maker in March, and Splatoon at the end of May.
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse will hit after E3, either the end of June or early July.
  • Devil's Third will hit in August.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X in September. Gets rave reviews and is just awesome.
  • Star Fox makes it on time, hits an October release. Partner studio isn't anyone important, someone like HexaDrive or DigitalScape for help with HD visuals. Everything else developed in-house.
  • Zelda makes it on time and hits a November release.
  • Mario Party 10 also hits in November, amiibo compatibility detailed at E3.
  • Project Guard and Project Giant Robot are both a part of a larger collection of "mini-games" ala Nintendo Land, all of which will be announced as something at E3. Will hit sometime in 2015.
  • Pokemon Z announced prior to E3, will hit in November 2015.
  • Pokken Tournament will hit Japanese arcades before E3, and at E3 a worldwide Wii U release is announced for 2016.
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem gets a proper reveal at E3 and will hit Japan in October 2015 and a Western release in early 2016. Is revealed to be a tactical RPG similar to Fire Emblem that incorporates the Press Turn system found in SMT3 and SMTIV in some way. Will feature the alignment system where FE/SMT characters may ally with or betray each other during the story, and who you side with depends on choices made in the story.
  • Fatal Frame V also is announced to be localized at E3 with a release in October 2015.
  • More third party collaborations for Wii U announced at E3. I predict three more, and one will hit in 2015.
  • Yo-Kai Watch finally announced for localization at E3. Will release in 2015 alongside anime.
  • Bravely Second shown at E3 with a worldwide release in Q3-Q4 2015.
  • Final Fantasy Explorers also shown at E3 with a Western release in Q3-Q4 2015.
  • Majora's Mask 3D announced at E3, will hit October 2015.
  • Next Level Games' next project to be either Wave Race or 1080 for Wii U, will hit in 2015.
  • Metroid Wii U by Retro Studios announced at E3 for 2016.
  • New 3D Mario announced at E3, is not a Galaxy game, releases in 2016.
  • F-Zero revival teased at E3 for 2016.

You look like you hit a lot of those on the head. Only thing 'm skeptical about is Next Level and Retro's projects.