By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Negative Brawl Review... Says Will get boring after a few weeks!!!

I salute you for finding the only negative brawl reviws
but i guess brawls like any other game some like it, some don't

Around the Network

I kind of agree with some of what this review says after playing the game at an Anime Convention last night. It was fun, but it wasn't the great innovation and step up from Melee that I think most here envision. But that is all just my opinion and you guys have to remember that not everyone likes SSB. Yes I know that seems impossible but that's just the way opinions go. Personally I thought it was an ok game, but I could see myself getting bored.

I have absolutely no intention of changing the minds of those of you looking forward to it, if you loved Melee you will almost definitely love brawl. I just wanted to give you a perspective of someone who enjoyed Melee, but probably not to the extent that many on this forum did.

Torillian said:
I kind of agree with some of what this review says after playing the game at an Anime Convention last night. It was fun, but it wasn't the great innovation and step up from Melee that I think most here envision. But that is all just my opinion and you guys have to remember that not everyone likes SSB. Yes I know that seems impossible but that's just the way opinions go. Personally I thought it was an ok game, but I could see myself getting bored.

I have absolutely no intention of changing the minds of those of you looking forward to it, if you loved Melee you will almost definitely love brawl. I just wanted to give you a perspective of someone who enjoyed Melee, but probably not to the extent that many on this forum did.

The problem is the review was made up by someone who has never actually played the game. He admitted as much on the gamefaqs forums after being asked, and basically said that yes he just made the review to be controversial because he doesn't like the Wii.

I'm sure you agree with his made up anti-Brawl talking points when you played Brawl at your madeup convention?

I'm sorry, I'm not implying that you made up the story of you playing Brawl, I'm only saying that it is possible, just like that guy did. Send him an email and ask him if what I say is true, if you need proof.

Either way, I think the game isn't much of a Melee copy like most Nintendo haters hope and imagine it will be. That's why I can't take negative reviews like this seriously, when they don't point to anything but Sony fanboy talking points they have been spewing since Brawl was announced, do you understand?

People have been saying that LONG before the game was announced, without having played it, and they will say that long after the game stops selling, in an attempt to marginalize a Nintendo big hitter. When you don't expand your argument past these generic comments, we can't tell if you didn't like the game, or if you just don't like Nintendo. It's like Wii bingo. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Thread creator __XBrawlX__

Goes on about a random on the net who doesn't like brawl.

Right....

Not news to me.

*Moves to another thread...

Good to see this site is still going 

Well you can ask me all you like, but it was not made up. Simply because I have different opinion than yours does not mean I am a malicious fanboy trying to marginalize you favorite game, just means I have a different opinion than yours.

On the note of the made up convention. It was Anime Milwaukee at UW: Milwaukee. If you really want to look around someone took a video of the game, we played a Japanese version. If you actually find it, I'm the one playing the character with the name "Karl" over it. Sorry I just don't like people implying that I'm lying.

edit: rereading I see you are simply saying it's possible I made it up....and I suppose I can concede to the realm of possibility.