By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your opinion on each console + PC?

Wii - 1st choice
PS3 - next choice after the first choice
PC - an option
XBOX 360 - no way

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Around the Network

Since this is opinion I'll be honest here:

Wii: I think its a gimmick, a toy really. It is the cool thing now, but I already know a few people who are tired of it. They have the worst exclusive games out of the big 3. I think sales should drop.

360: I think its a decent console. It is the best console for meeting/talking with friends and stuff. the in game XMB is great. Online gameplay is great. It has the 2nd best exclusives.

PS3: The most high tech and best console. Blu Ray feature is great, most reliable. Lacks a few things like in game XMB. Online is great and if you complain then I'll just say you get what you pay for (its free). Has the best exclusive franchises.

DS: Its a handheld gaming system. What more can I say? theres nothing special about it.

PSP: Plays movies, music, and games. Fun to have. There is a good selection of movies. Has some great games, but I wish it had dual joysticks for FPS games.

PC: Good for online and stuff and has great games, but I HATE playing with keyboard and mouse. thats enought to make me not play PC games. the only games I like are The Sims and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

coolestguyever said:

Since this is opinion I'll be honest here:

Wii: I think its a gimmick, a toy really. It is the cool thing now, but I already know a few people who are tired of it. They have the worst exclusive games out of the big 3. I think sales should drop.

360: I think its a decent console. It is the best console for meeting/talking with friends and stuff. the in game XMB is great. Online gameplay is great. It has the 2nd best exclusives.

PS3: The most high tech and best console. Blu Ray feature is great, most reliable. Lacks a few things like in game XMB. Online is great and if you complain then I'll just say you get what you pay for (its free). Has the best exclusive franchises.

DS: Its a handheld gaming system. What more can I say? theres nothing special about it.

PSP: Plays movies, music, and games. Fun to have. There is a good selection of movies. Has some great games, but I wish it had dual joysticks for FPS games.

PC: Good for online and stuff and has great games, but I HATE playing with keyboard and mouse. thats enought to make me not play PC games. the only games I like are The Sims and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

PSP is not a handheld CONFIRMED.

Wii: Best console to play with people. Great 1st party games. All around types of games.
360: Best console for online, great graphics, great 3rd party support, best controller.
PS3: Best console for graphics, good online, BluRay player.

-----------------------------

Wii: Lacking online, lacking 3rd party support/too much shovelware, lacking graphics.
360: Online fee, RRoD, mostly shooters
PS3: Controller (I hate PlayStation controllers)

Coming from an owner of 360/Wii.

rocketpig said:

PC - Patches, incompatibility, bugs
360 - RRoD box, too many shooters
PS3 - Big, black, ugly, no great games
Wii - Shovelware, kiddy shit, mini-game central

=p  Lolz lucky you are not serious otherwise we could ask you the question why you play videogames.

Around the Network

PC - First choice. Best graphics if you have the money. Best controls. I can use just about anything to control any game with various programs. G25 (race wheel) + X52 (joystick and throttle) + XBox360 controller + SIXAXIS + Wiimote, you name it, I can probably use it. And I can connect my PC to my 65" TV with little hassle. Only problem is it's definitely the most expensive gaming machine.

PS3 - Second choice. Has the largest variety of true exclusives in my book. Bluray is a nice bonus and it didn't cost as much as the XBox360 (I needed the Wifi adapter and paying for XBox Live sucks). Crossplatform games tended to suffer on the PS3, but that looks to be changing. I'm not a huge fan of the PSN, but hopefully they iron things out with firmware updates. Plus, having near 100% BC (I have a 60gig) is awesome because I never had a PS2.

XBox360 - Third choice. Quite honestly, if I could only choose 1 machine, I would be tempted to pick this. Tons of great games out for it, even if almost none of them are exclusive. XBox Live is well implemented, but I still prefer dedicated servers like PC games. I would say the XBox360 controller is bar-none the best controller ever, but the D-pad really sucks. Try playing Mortal Kombat on that POS. Seeing as how I can afford both a PC and a PS3, there's little motivation for me to get an XBox360 again (I sold mine to get the PS3).

Wii - Last choice. I borrowed my friend's Wii and was disappointed. The controls for MP3 sucked and I was a huge fan of MP1. Mario Galaxy didn't have the same charm IMO that Mario 64 had. RE4 is awesome though, it's just a shame that I've already played and beat it 6 times on the GC. I did try out Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and that has some great controls too. If more games like RE4 and MOHH2 come out on the Wii, I'll be much more tempted to pick one up. Zelda: Twilight Princess also beckons to me. It's a shame I sold my GC before Zelda: Twilight Princess came out.

PC - Ultra-nerds

PS3 - Videophiles

Xbox 360 - Jocks and Frat boys

Wii - Kids, Soccer Moms, and Grannies

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

konnichiwa said:
rocketpig said:

PC - Patches, incompatibility, bugs
360 - RRoD box, too many shooters
PS3 - Big, black, ugly, no great games
Wii - Shovelware, kiddy shit, mini-game central

=p  Lolz lucky you are not serious otherwise we could ask you the question why you play videogames.

Lol that you mentioned its black! that could be taken racially!

PS3- good machine needs more games that appeal to me, cost still too high for me.
360- lots of games but seem to be all the same to me not realible.
Wii- an okay variety of games seems like everything is going for it.
PC- MMOs continue to be the main along with stragedy i like.

"Like you know"

PC - the internetz and work
360 - seems ok, not my type of games though
PS3 - too high def for my low def tv
wii - seems ok, my type of games

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.