By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your opinion on each console + PC?

CaptainPrefrences said:
PS3- my favourite console. not living up to its full potential but that should change in 2008. Home and in game xmb are coming which should boost ps3's online play, also a wide variety of games are coming. blu ray disc is awesome and its the best multi media platform. we have yet to see the monster unleash its full power

xbox 360- a good console with superior online play but a quite narrow variety of games. mostly fps games, and 2008 looks pretty dry for the 360. past its peak and the 360 "domination" is over. perfect for the hardcore gamer. also it has a bad failure rate

wii- i hate the wii just because of the poo poo graphics and the games. ive never been a nintendo fan and will never be one. has a lot of fun games that the whole family can enjoy, and is perfect for the casual gamer, like my aunt its perfect f for example.

pc- i only play starcraft on pc so yea.

also you said ps3 is last in online play. i think wii falls into that category.
I said tird best onluine not last. You forgot pc was 1st 360 was 2nd

Around the Network

PC: I have never really used the keyboard and mouse set up, and since I have a laptop, my computer is barely powerful to play games. Nevertheless, I do enjoy RTSs on my PC, and I can get Company of Heroes to just work, and Medieval II barely works. however, I would like to play more games on my PC, but I am crippled by the lack of power in my computer, that means that most games are juddery

PS3: I love it. My hands are used to the controller, and I like the games, and many of my friends have one, so I can play CoD against them. It is really nice to be able to watch bds, and I look forward to watching LotR or Star Wars in HD, now all I need is an HDTV permenently linked upto my PS3. However, it is still a little rough around the edges, with in game XBM needed, as well as for the DS outside Japan (though I already have one I would like a white one this time)

360: I would quite like one of these, but I'm not sure whether it is worth it. Because I prefer the PS3 controller (and love SONY) I would buy multiplatform games on PS3, so there would be very few 360 games for me to buy. I am not really interested in any 360 exclusives this year (I don't like zombies/mutants/aliens, Resistance is on the very edge for me. I do like the sound of a gamerscore, but it looks like the PS3 will be copying that soon.

Wii: while I am interested in the concept, I certainly could not have it as my only console, because of the lack of DVD playback. The wii games themselves sound interesting, although I have not seen how games like SMG work and the only wii games I have played are Wii Sports and Wii fit, which I did not particually like. What I am interested is: 1) VC, I would like to play all the great Nintendo games that everyone goes on about, because I have never played them in the past, although I don't get how it will work well without an HDD to store them. 2) 1:1 lightsaber game, I want this and I want it now, 3) KH 3

PS3- Has a great lineup of games and a lot to offer. Feels like it can offer the best gaming experiences and the most fun games. big plus for blu ray and free online

wii- really bad tech and offers a weak gamer experience for gamers, but fun for little kids and people who play party games

360- my favorite console. Has a great online experience and the biggest and most diverse game library. major tech issues like being to loud and RROD

PC- its fun but expensive and really for only hardcore gamers

PC: Until now favorite platform, but PS3/360 finally have most of the games and playing from the couch is much more fun. Will come back for Starcraft2

PS3: Made me switch from the PC. Beautiful, powerful Uncharted and God of War 3 on the horizon Enough said. Oh and great multimedia center with BluRay all in all simply good value.

360: 2007 better games than the PS3 and I want to play Halo3 (and Mass Effects) On the other hand from a quality perspective a big piece of crap and the design of case and especially menu is horrid. Microsoft has no style.

Wii: white Gamecube with motion controls and crappy third-party games. Wii Tenns is cool for playing with friends. Otherwise avoid at all cost. Extraordinarily BAD value. If you love the mushroom kingdom you may think differently.

dante said:
PS3- Has a great lineup of games and a lot to offer. Feels like it can offer the best gaming experiences and the most fun games. big plus for blu ray and free online

wii- really bad tech and offers a weak gamer experience for gamers, but fun for little kids and people who play party games

360- my favorite console. Has a great online experience and the biggest and most diverse game library. major tech issues like being to loud and RROD

I don't think many people here are going to appriechiate that one

Around the Network
Kyros said:
PC: Until now favorite platform, but PS3/360 finally have most of the games and playing from the couch is much more fun. Will come back for Starcraft2

PS3: Made me switch from the PC. Beautiful, powerful Uncharted and God of War 3 on the horizon Enough said. Oh and great multimedia center with BluRay all in all simply good value.

360: 2007 better games than the PS3 and I want to play Halo3 (and Mass Effects) On the other hand from a quality perspective a big piece of crap and the design of case and especially menu is horrid. Microsoft has no style.

Wii: white Gamecube with motion controls and crappy third-party games. Wii Tenns is cool for playing with friends. Otherwise avoid at all cost. Extraordinarily BAD value. If you love the mushroom kingdom you may think differently.

I agree with the Wii comment, its a kiddy console with pathetic graphics and the games are so 20 billion years ago.

RolStoppable said:
Munkeh111 said:
dante said:

Nah, scoreboard.

As for your concerns about storage: the internal memory of the Wii isn't as restrictive as some people make it out to be. You can store quite a lot of games. If you ever run out of space you can move them to an SD card or simply delete them and download them for free if you ever feel like playing the game again.

While true, the Wii could REALLY use more storage when WiiWare arrives. I'd say it's almost inevitable.

RolStoppable said:
Munkeh111 said:
dante said:

Nah, scoreboard.

As for your concerns about storage: the internal memory of the Wii isn't as restrictive as some people make it out to be. You can store quite a lot of games. If you ever run out of space you can move them to an SD card or simply delete them and download them for free if you ever feel like playing the game again.

How many can you store. I would just get annoyed with having to move them all around, and download them again. What I like about the PS classics, is that they are playable on the PSP, cause PS1 games do not really compare to PS3 games, so they are much better on PSP, but that would not work as well on DS

@ rol, I did underestimate the capacity of the wii. This feature is not really hyped that much, and I am suprised, cause a lot of the wii's gamers will have missed out on these games, and while they may not be interested in many, I'm sure the old Super Marios would appeal to them

Garcian Smith said:
Wii - Lots of fun, but needs more strong single-player experiences. Luckily, it looks like we'll be getting those in '08.

360 - Gets most big-budget PC titles and a lot of cool indie games on XBLA, plus a number of intriguing exclusives. Probably my "best buy" for single-player gaming.

PS3 - Needs more good exclusives to differentiate itself from the 360; Resistance, Ratchet, and Uncharted just aren't cutting it. Again, it looks like it'll be getting those in '08, but that still doesn't solve the price issue.

PC - Lacking in big-budget exclusives, but awash in promising indie titles. Since most indie games don't require powerful hardware, you can probably get by without a "gaming PC" nowadays (unless you really want to run Crysis.)

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU. Does Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Audiosurf, Battlefield, Spore, Starcraft, Warcraft not exist in your world? can I have some of what ever your smoking? 

Wii - only good when drunk at parties grant it SMG and SSBB are great but they only hold your attention for so long.

360 - had 5 RRODs so I'll just say M$ can join WiiForever. Online service should be free.

PS3 - Original titles, good online network, dedicated game servers. Sony should be the one charging for online.

PC - PC eats consoles for breakfast. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453