By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 breaks another record! Highest 1st September sales in history

Next task at hand is maintaining momentum.

Everyone knows SCE has its big franchises that have yet to hit the PS4 as well as the projected release time frames, so that should go a long way in sustaining interest in the platform.

And as long as SCE continues to improve the platform through system updates and increased functionality as they did with the PS3, it should give PS4 owners incentive to keep using or using the console for more functions.

Even at a $399 MSRP, SCE has plenty of maneuvering space in which to lower the price on the basic SKU, so there's that as well in increasing the potential user base.

Oddly, I don't recall hearing any statements from SCE about the PS4 being supported for ten years, but as long as the platform remains viable and they have a majority marketshare, there's no reason why they wouldn't keep supporting it, even if as a low cost alternative to the latest generation of gaming platforms.

The 8th gen should be interesting regardless seeing as how this is the first instance in which the initial market leader came out with a product that is the "most powerful" as far as raw processing capability and specs go without being the most expensive. No reason to see why there will be a major shift in current buying trends for consoles.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
All hail to one true king of consoles , all hail to king PlayStation. :D

Why should I hail to only one platform when I can hail to them all, especially to the "PC master race".

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
HollyGamer said:

Why should I hail to only one platform when I can hail to them all, especially to the "PC master race".

Because as much as I prefer PC gaming over console gaming,  The Term King of Consoles, would imply not including PC.

vivster said:
hinch said:
vivster said:

Praise Destiny. Most hyped multiplat since COD and GTA. And probably the most hyped new IP ever.

Hyped, yes.. but people are still enjoying playing the game so there's that. Besides, if PS4 needed a system seller (if it wasn't selling enough on its own) Destiny is one. Also don't forget that FIFA 15 also released in the same month.

As for the most hyped multiplat.. I'd wager Watchdogs as being more hyped.

Wow. Where does this all come from? I think we need a thread to proof you wrong.

Neither Titanfall nor Watch Dogs had hype as big as Destiny. Where have you been since Destiny was announced?

On the internets of course. But seriously.. outside of online forums and blogs, the hype for Watch_Dogs was huge. The game was sold on being a big GTA-like game with hacking; and that was even before most people even played it. I mean Watch_Dogs is currently still the fastest-selling IP in Europe. And yes, that includes Destiny.

I'd include Titanfall as well; not from a sales perspective, but from the amount of buzz from the games media/journalists - prior to the games release.

mornelithe said:
Chazore said:
HollyGamer said:

Because as much as I prefer PC gaming over console gaming,  The Term King of Consoles, would imply not including PC.

But those two are basically watered down PC's via specs, there's no other way to spin it, sure last gen and the one ebfore you might have had that point but now they use the same specs of a lower/midrange PC that makes porting easier.

That and they try to take some things from PC while also taking some of the bad.

Also "king of consoles" is subjective in it's own right.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
Chazore said:

But those two are basically watered down PC's via specs, there's no other way to spin it, sure last gen and the one ebfore you might have had that point but now they use the same specs of a lower/midrange PC that makes porting easier.

That and they try to take some things from PC while also taking some of the bad.

Also "king of consoles" is subjective in it's own right.

You're preaching to the choir here, PC still isn't a console.  Now, if he would've said King of Gaming, that's a different story entirely.

mornelithe said:

You're preaching to the choir here, PC still isn't a console.  Now, if he would've said King of Gaming, that's a different story entirely.

What choir?, the one that's non existent on here? because I don't see it.

So you're just going to say yes he's 100% factually right instead of treating it as a mere subjective opinion?, what's there to dicuss if that's all it's going to be?.

Chazore said:

mornelithe said:

What choir?, the one that's non existent on here? because I don't see it.

So you're just going to say yes he's 100% factually right instead of treating it as a mere subjective opinion?, what's there to dicuss if that's all it's going to be?.

Sorry, that term is an idiom (colloquial metaphor for you Archer lovers), it may not be recognizable in certain regions.  It means, I'm full aware that the consoles are stripped down PC's, and that trying to drive that point home further gains you nothing, because I already know it.

However, he said console, not gaming device.  So, interjecting PC to the conversation is unnecessary, and uncalled for.  Relax.

But the hype is over!!!!

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

BraLoD said:
What is THE highest September sales?

The Wii is the current record holder with 678k in 2008.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!