By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Might Have A Chance to Become the Best Selling DW Game in the US! (If Not Top 3 of the Series)

Train wreck said:
I'm sure if there was a Halo musou or Uncharted musou sales of those DW games would be elevated as well. The dynasty warriors skin has not really changed since the original Playstation game (which was a fighting game) in 1997. The games have an extremely niche following and applying a popular game series (like Zelda in the west or Gundam/One Piece in Japan) then higher sales are expected. Like others have said, the comparisons do not make any real sense.

This post is totally correct, how dare I make this Comparison. It doesn't make sense at all. Non whats so ever! I have ashamed You Trainwreck.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Once again, we kno The Name helped out 90% of it, but it DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT its a Musou game. Same as One Piece amazing #s in japan.

One Piece + Zelda = Huge Name in Japan/US. despite this both are Musou games, leave it alone. If you dont like the fact it got high sales then im sorry :'-(

The sales aren't really high for a Zelda game though. And it has  0 chance of coming close to the highest selling DW games as well.

Spin, Spin, Spin. So off topic, what is this thread about^ Oh yeah US sales. C'mon now, you do this alot. When [insert Nintendo Related] does something well, you bring in something else and try your hardest to downplay. Its kinda sad :-/

Cool off T-bone and ignore him, nothing will change his thought process. Just reply to the constructive posts

Sales would be double if it were called Zelda Warriors.

tbone51 said:
Train wreck said:
I'm sure if there was a Halo musou or Uncharted musou sales of those DW games would be elevated as well. The dynasty warriors skin has not really changed since the original Playstation game (which was a fighting game) in 1997. The games have an extremely niche following and applying a popular game series (like Zelda in the west or Gundam/One Piece in Japan) then higher sales are expected. Like others have said, the comparisons do not make any real sense.

This post is totally correct, how dare I make this Comparison. It doesn't make sense at all. Non whats so ever! I have ashamed You Trainwreck.

I know right, if it were me ill be comparing the game to other specialized DW games like the Gundam or the one piece titles.  Those two franchises are not popular in the US, as opposed to Zelda, which is, so a sales differation would be expected.  But whatever floats your boat, the Wii U needs some good news I guess.

pokoko said:
tbone51 said:

I remember you saying that, you are a rare one but indeed itcame from you. It doesn't matter if you bought it for Zelda, its a DW game. The reasoning doesn't effect what this game is.

It can be unfair/an advantage but its comparison lie with DW games. In japan i didn't see anybody comparing it with LoZ games at all, except with seeing if it have legs (which it failed)

I disagree.  I also said that in the Japan the primary comparison should be with Musou games because everyone there knows exactly what Hyrule Warriors is.  There was no consumer confusion or mystery.  In Japan, it's a Musou game with Zelda branding.  In the west, it's a Zelda game first and foremost.  The Musou aspect probably isn't even widely known among casual fans.

Actually, I kind of take it back, I have no problem with comparisons to Warriors games.  However, I do think comparisons to other Zelda games are more meaningful, as the Zelda fanbase is the one purchasing the title, not the Warriors fanbase.

Edit:  I hope you aren't implying that I have a problem with the sales of Hyrule Warriors because I do not.

Then why didn't it sell gangbusters or similar to any other Zelda game?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
TheLegendaryWolf said:
Sales would be double if it were called Zelda Warriors.

Thread^

tbone51 said:

I didn't, you post here alot. I know what your about. I get your logic as it make sense to me. Others however (not everybody but in this particular subject alot) I believe have a problem. If i thought you did too, i would let you know.

Your a good poster here, (despite being on the wrong side of the Console Warzzz :0

You're a good egg, tbone51.  I was sad when you got banned.  Even if I did want to strangle you during the "GOOOOO" period.

I'm also a fan of Zelda and underdog Japanese games.  I'm happy for Hyrule Warriors and thing that it's a good thing both for Nintendo and Musou games in general.

Slarvax said:
pokoko said:
tbone51 said:

I remember you saying that, you are a rare one but indeed itcame from you. It doesn't matter if you bought it for Zelda, its a DW game. The reasoning doesn't effect what this game is.

It can be unfair/an advantage but its comparison lie with DW games. In japan i didn't see anybody comparing it with LoZ games at all, except with seeing if it have legs (which it failed)

I disagree.  I also said that in the Japan the primary comparison should be with Musou games because everyone there knows exactly what Hyrule Warriors is.  There was no consumer confusion or mystery.  In Japan, it's a Musou game with Zelda branding.  In the west, it's a Zelda game first and foremost.  The Musou aspect probably isn't even widely known among casual fans.

Actually, I kind of take it back, I have no problem with comparisons to Warriors games.  However, I do think comparisons to other Zelda games are more meaningful, as the Zelda fanbase is the one purchasing the title, not the Warriors fanbase.

Edit:  I hope you aren't implying that I have a problem with the sales of Hyrule Warriors because I do not.

Then why didn't it sell gangbusters or similar to any othe Zelda game?

Because it is not a full fledged Zelda game so it doesn't have the same gameplay. The fans of Zelda that are fans of the puzzles and adventures aren't going to buy this most likely. I love Zelda and will buy the wii u for Zelda but won't buy this game. Thus game is selling to the hardcore Zelda fans that love it's lore and the fanservice this game has

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Guys we can't compare sales of Brawl to sales of Melee. Most people only bought Brawl because Sonic and Snake were in it so it's not fair.

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Once again, we kno The Name helped out 90% of it, but it DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT its a Musou game. Same as One Piece amazing #s in japan.

One Piece + Zelda = Huge Name in Japan/US. despite this both are Musou games, leave it alone. If you dont like the fact it got high sales then im sorry :'-(

The sales aren't really high for a Zelda game though. And it has  0 chance of coming close to the highest selling DW games as well.

Spin, Spin, Spin. So off topic, what is this thread about^ Oh yeah US sales. C'mon now, you do this alot. When [insert Nintendo Related] does something well, you bring in something else and try your hardest to downplay. Its kinda sad :-/

I think this thread will have 200 posts at least. Too early for anger. Calm down. You how moderations work on vgc...