By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Might Have A Chance to Become the Best Selling DW Game in the US! (If Not Top 3 of the Series)

pokoko said:
tbone51 said:
pokoko said:
Shouldn't the comparison be with other Zelda games? I mean, that's the reason most people bought it.

No as its not a Zelda game, its a DW game. Remembering the MC/Fam threads, i didn't see this response at all when HW was being compared, why now? :P

I can't speak for anyone else but I've been saying all along that the majority of people who buy this game will do so because of the Zelda aspect, not the Musou aspect.  Do you disagree?  In fact, I'd guess that many western buyers have probably had no prior interest in Musou games.  That means they bought the game for the branding more than the game-play.  That makes the Musou comparisons less important.

I remember you saying that, you are a rare one but indeed itcame from you. It doesn't matter if you bought it for Zelda, its a DW game. The reasoning doesn't effect what this game is.

It can be unfair/an advantage but its comparison lie with DW games. In japan i didn't see anybody comparing it with LoZ games at all, except with seeing if it have legs (which it failed)

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
pokoko said:
Shouldn't the comparison be with other Zelda games? I mean, that's the reason most people bought it.

It really shouldn't be compared to anything. People should take its sales for what it is.

With that said, if we are going to compare it with anything, DW games it should be. It plays like DW, not Zelda after all.

Whatever you compare it to, DW shouldn't be it. It's not a DW game.

Yeah, like Pirate Warriors isnt a DW game, its just an anime  right?

They are all musou games. Not DW games.

Yeah, my bad :0

Super_Boom said:

I find it pretty amusing how certain users here were dismissing this as another Musou game, and yet now that sales are higher than expected, it's suddenly a Zelda title. I guess some people like their goalposts.

Basically what this tells me is that the Zelda franchise has more international appeal than the DW franchise. Obviously it's a different story in Japan, but it doesn't subtract from this achievement over here. Hopefully this compels Nintendo and KT to keep working together. I enjoyed Pokemon Conquest a lot as well, so they have a pretty good batting record with collaborations IMO.

Exactly, i heard comparisons to Other Musou games when it came out in japan, but all of a sudden it doesn't count now (not everybody, just a good number though)

Deeds said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
pokoko said:

It really shouldn't be compared to anything. People should take its sales for what it is.

With that said, if we are going to compare it with anything, DW games it should be. It plays like DW, not Zelda after all.

According to some people's strange logic, if you play basketball with a soccer ball, it isn't basketball.

This comparison is so silly. We're talking about sales which is affected by the name attached to the game.

Lawlight said:
Deeds said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
pokoko said:

According to some people's strange logic, if you play basketball with a soccer ball, it isn't basketball.

This comparison is so silly. We're talking about sales which is affected by the name attached to the game.

Once again, we kno The Name helped out 90% of it, but it DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT its a Musou game. Same as One Piece amazing #s in japan.

One Piece + Zelda = Huge Name in Japan/US. despite this both are Musou games, leave it alone. If you dont like the fact it got high sales then im sorry :'-(

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Once again, we kno The Name helped out 90% of it, but it DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT its a Musou game. Same as One Piece amazing #s in japan.

One Piece + Zelda = Huge Name in Japan/US. despite this both are Musou games, leave it alone. If you dont like the fact it got high sales then im sorry :'-(

The sales aren't really high for a Zelda game though. And it has  0 chance of coming close to the highest selling DW games as well.

tbone51 said:
pokoko said:

I can't speak for anyone else but I've been saying all along that the majority of people who buy this game will do so because of the Zelda aspect, not the Musou aspect.  Do you disagree?  In fact, I'd guess that many western buyers have probably had no prior interest in Musou games.  That means they bought the game for the branding more than the game-play.  That makes the Musou comparisons less important.

I remember you saying that, you are a rare one but indeed itcame from you. It doesn't matter if you bought it for Zelda, its a DW game. The reasoning doesn't effect what this game is.

It can be unfair/an advantage but its comparison lie with DW games. In japan i didn't see anybody comparing it with LoZ games at all, except with seeing if it have legs (which it failed)

I disagree.  I also said that in the Japan the primary comparison should be with Musou games because everyone there knows exactly what Hyrule Warriors is.  There was no consumer confusion or mystery.  In Japan, it's a Musou game with Zelda branding.  In the west, it's a Zelda game first and foremost.  The Musou aspect probably isn't even widely known among casual fans.

Actually, I kind of take it back, I have no problem with comparisons to Warriors games.  However, I do think comparisons to other Zelda games are more meaningful, as the Zelda fanbase is the one purchasing the title, not the Warriors fanbase.

Edit:  I hope you aren't implying that I have a problem with the sales of Hyrule Warriors because I do not.

pokoko said:
tbone51 said:
pokoko said:

Edit:  I hope you aren't implying that I have a problem with the sales of Hyrule Warriors because I do not.

I didn't, you post here alot. I know what your about. I get your logic as it make sense to me. Others however (not everybody but in this particular subject alot) I believe have a problem. If i thought you did too, i would let you know.

Your a good poster here, (despite being on the wrong side of the Console Warzzz :0

I'm sure if there was a Halo musou or Uncharted musou sales of those DW games would be elevated as well. The dynasty warriors skin has not really changed since the original Playstation game (which was a fighting game) in 1997. The games have an extremely niche following and applying a popular game series (like Zelda in the west or Gundam/One Piece in Japan) then higher sales are expected. Like others have said, the comparisons do not make any real sense.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

The sales aren't really high for a Zelda game though. And it has  0 chance of coming close to the highest selling DW games as well.

Spin, Spin, Spin. So off topic, what is this thread about^ Oh yeah US sales. C'mon now, you do this alot. When [insert Nintendo Related] does something well, you bring in something else and try your hardest to downplay. Its kinda sad :-/