By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Might Have A Chance to Become the Best Selling DW Game in the US! (If Not Top 3 of the Series)

*Sound Of Rain said:
pokoko said:
Shouldn't the comparison be with other Zelda games? I mean, that's the reason most people bought it.

It really shouldn't be compared to anything. People should take its sales for what it is.

With that said, if we are going to compare it with anything, DW games it should be. It plays like DW, not Zelda after all.

Want to see an unfair comparison? People think this is unfair, they havent seen "Pokemon Conquest" a game that is part of the Nobunaga franchise

here http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=nobun&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
pokoko said:
Shouldn't the comparison be with other Zelda games? I mean, that's the reason most people bought it.

It really shouldn't be compared to anything. People should take its sales for what it is.

With that said, if we are going to compare it with anything, DW games it should be. It plays like DW, not Zelda after all.

Whatever you compare it to, DW shouldn't be it. It's not a DW game.

Yeah, like Pirate Warriors isnt a DW game, its just an anime  right?

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
pokoko said:

No, it's not just an anime game - it's a One Piece game. Why do you think it sold that much?

It's the same game. They were all made by the same developer. The comparison is valid. I hate the attention HW gets.

I look forward to the re-release of the wonderful 101 with Mario being the main character. Redesign splatoon characters while you are at it, Nintendo.

tbone51 said:
pokoko said:

No as its not a Zelda game, its a DW game. Remembering the MC/Fam threads, i didn't see this response at all when HW was being compared, why now? :P

I can't speak for anyone else but I've been saying all along that the majority of people who buy this game will do so because of the Zelda aspect, not the Musou aspect.  Do you disagree?  In fact, I'd guess that many western buyers have probably had no prior interest in Musou games.  That means they bought the game for the branding more than the game-play.  That makes the Musou comparisons less important.

Around the Network

I have Hyrule Warriors and my only experience of another warriors game has been to goes on DW8. First: just before I played Hyrule Warriors, and second: shortly after I'd finished the story mode of HW.

At least the early parts of DW8 don't feel as fun as Hyrule Warriors. You run slowly and have to call a horse if you want to travel distances at any acceptable speed and the overall game feels more sluggish by design. I don't know if you get to upgrade your speed or if the game gets better. I am aware that DW8 has many more playable characters.

I would like to hear what DW fans think of HW. Are the higher scores for HW justified?

I found my overall experience was much more satisfactory with Hyrule Warriors. Certainly I can say, as someone new to the series, HW begins in a much more enjoyable and accessible way.

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
pokoko said:

They are all musou games. Not DW games.

I find it pretty amusing how certain users here were dismissing this as another Musou game, and yet now that sales are higher than expected, it's suddenly a Zelda title. I guess some people like their goalposts.

Basically what this tells me is that the Zelda franchise has more international appeal than the DW franchise. Obviously it's a different story in Japan, but it doesn't subtract from this achievement over here. Hopefully this compels Nintendo and KT to keep working together. I enjoyed Pokemon Conquest a lot as well, so they have a pretty good batting record with collaborations IMO.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
pokoko said:

According to some people's strange logic, if you play basketball with a soccer ball, it isn't basketball.

LOL. Well I guess the next time I see a group of people bouncing a soccer ball and shooting it into a hoop, they are really not playing basketball but soccer. Moving goalposts make people say the darndest things.