By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Symmetric VS. Asymmetric Sticks: the final battle

I like Asymmetric cause it just feels better imo

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I can use both, but I prefer mouse/keyboard. For console exclusive titles, I just make do :)  Though, the question reminds me of the first time I used the N64 controller, and was like what the fuck am I supposed to do with this thing...eventually, repeated hours long sessions of Goldeneye fixed that heh.

I'm quite biased considering the Gamecube was my main console growing up but really I have no problems using either or.

Symmetrical, but in the thumbs' natrural resting position.  That's more important than Symmetrical.  It's what's healthiest.  Any other preference is just because of what you're used to.

I've really liked the asymmetric layout on the GCN and 360 controllers. The dualshock's sticks were definitely a rung below the 360's in my opinion. That may be more about their lower placement and personally poor ergonomics on the handles than the fact that they are symmetrical, though. The WiiU is symmetrical and I don't mind it.

I still think asymmetry is more fun!
Haven't had a chance to try either new gen controller.

Around the Network

I like symmetrical. I've been primarily playing on Sony consoles though. I can adapt to any controller easily though, so it doesn't matter too much for me.

My preferred PS3 controller.  Didn't have motion controls, though.

Mnementh said:
WolfpackN64 said:
Symmetrical, Nintendo style.

*cough* Gamecube, New 3DS *cough*

Wii U

Symmetrical.

Asymmetrical, unless they are placed like on the Pro controller for Wii, that kind of works as well :).