By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anonymous Assassin's Creed Unity Dev Says "PS4 Couldn't Handle 1080p"

Ubisoft actually presented a peice showing just how much morw piwerful the PS4 is than the Xbox One. Im on tge train now but I will like it when I get home. It a presentation showing that the weakness of tge CPU is more than made up for by the GPU. It was published in August of 2014 and it makes tgis 10x worse becase the game used in the presentation is Unity. They are going to bury themselves. Its really sad to watch really.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
I hate when developers sacrifice resolution for a solid 30 fps.

Look at Sleeping Dogs Remasterd and The Evil Within. Those games got frame dips up the ass because those developers its 1080p or GTFO.

Can't comment on Sleeping Dogs (haven't read up on it yet), but TEW is the result of piss poor optimization. Even if it was full 1080p i'd consider its current performance instability the result of poor optimization, but at 1920x768 and 1600x640? That's downright embarrassing.

It's funny to see this news on the same day as all those graphs showing how much faster PS4 is.

Just shut your hole already, Ubi.

Looks like a completely fake email - not sure why anyone would take it seriously w out confirmation which will never be available

Call something a rumor on .gaming sights and you can write anything you want and it is approved- PlUS many people will actually believe it

Teeqoz said:
How do they manage that? It's no secret that the PS4 is quite a bit more powerful than the XBO, yet they have the same resolution and framerate, but apparently the PS4 performance is maxxed?

Not that it really matters though, as long as the game is fun.

This.  

Around the Network

I have said it many times but Ubisoft really needs to do something about their PR department and reign in the deluge of information coming out. They are really looking pretty foolish over every controversial topic that has been presented to them.

Having said that, I am really looking forward to Unity and am not one of those people that care about the resolution. I guess most gamers got free 60" TV's and I missed it. I routinely watch 720p movies on my 55" TV and only notice the resolution difference from my 1080p movies if I am 2 feet from it, which of course I never am. The same thing can be said about gaming and I really think that the fps is generally more important. Although, that can even be debatable in games that do not have a great deal of action. Anyway, I think the expectations of 1080p 60fps has just gotten out of hand.

I do not understand the logic from Ubisoft here, though. Especially in light of their very own tests that show the significant power advantage the PS4 has. I don't know, maybe I am missing something but how did the ever get it to 900p 30fps on the Xbox One if these graphs are to be believed? They are just not inline with what they keep saying since this whole debacle started.

Again, I couldn't care less really. I have already committed to playing what looks like a pretty great game. It is just interesting that they keep digging themselves deeper and deeper in a hole. I am generally a fan of their games but clearly need to steer clear of the things they say to continue to be.

Just make sure the game is good Ubi. Do that at least.

The game was probably developed for the XB1 first with its architecture in mind. It's probably a poorly done port if anything. Iseriously doubt it's forced parity. 

I completely agree with what you said.  It makes perfect sense that they built this game around the XB1 since they have a deal with Microsoft in the first place.  

We saw this all last generation where developers would make the game for the XB360 and then port it over to the PS3 (making the XB360 version look better).

I wouldn't be surprised if Unity looked better on the XB1 this time around, but we will have to wait for the comparison video to see the true results.

Well, I do believe Ubisoft can't handle my wallet, then.

It has 1080p worth of $60, but I guess that blaming the console works instead, you know, when other companies have had no problem saying it "can handle 1080p like Ubisoft can handle rehashing the same title every year."

What the hell... I think this is the craziest thing I have ever seen. This letter is obviously fake or else they need to retract this:

http://twvideo01.ubm-us.net/o1/vault/gdceurope2014/Presentations/828884_Alexis_Vaisse.pdf