By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 GOTY! Gamespot PERFECT SCORE!

Last of us remastered

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:
Drakrami said:
Bayonetta looks good, but not GOTY good. I played Bayonetta 1 and enjoyed it, but it isn't a game I'd put in my top 30. Bayonetta 2 seems to be a sequel that polishes the original, so it's definitely a game that should score 9/10.

Also, the beef I have with Bayonetta 1 is, the story is just a huge mess. Actually, I wudn't even call it a story. I hope 2 at least have a story that makes sense.

My GOTY list is probably Dark Souls 2, AC Unity, Far Cry 4

But AC Unity nor Far Cry 4 have come out yet. Yet, you're already announcing them as GOTY? Would you have said the same about Titanfall, Watch Dogs and Destiny back in February?

if titanfall wasnt a xbox exc it would be goty contender  by great mile. That game  had unique gameplay mechanics(something people complain about games but dont care if its in xbox exc) so many potential wasted.i think COD copies all good titanfall mechanics this year and will be more rated and sold then TITANFALL

anyway bayonetta nowhere goty quality

i think goty contenders would be shape like this

1-AC Unity

2-Far Cry 4

3-Shadow of Mordor

4-GTA 5 R*Mastered

5-WolfEinstein 

paypay88 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
Drakrami said:
Bayonetta looks good, but not GOTY good. I played Bayonetta 1 and enjoyed it, but it isn't a game I'd put in my top 30. Bayonetta 2 seems to be a sequel that polishes the original, so it's definitely a game that should score 9/10.

Also, the beef I have with Bayonetta 1 is, the story is just a huge mess. Actually, I wudn't even call it a story. I hope 2 at least have a story that makes sense.

But AC Unity nor Far Cry 4 have come out yet. Yet, you're already announcing them as GOTY? Would you have said the same about Titanfall, Watch Dogs and Destiny back in February?

if titanfall wasnt a xbox exc it would be goty contender  by great mile. That game  had unique gameplay mechanics(something people complain about games but dont care if its in xbox exc) so many potential wasted.i think COD copies all good titanfall mechanics this year and will be more rated and sold then TITANFALL

1-AC Unity

2-Far Cry 4

3-Shadow of Mordor

4-GTA 5 R*Mastered

5-WolfEinstein 

no little big planet and smash bros?

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Nem said:

It will be great if Bayonetta 2 wins GOTY and proves to western companies that next gen is not 1080p 30fps, but good graphics at 60fps. Even if its not 1080p, 60 fps is the way of the future.
Of course, those companies prefer to aim the game at people that wont play them for longer than 2 hours and cant tell the diference unless its slapped in front of their face.

Bayonetta 2 looks more next-gen than Watch Dogs or Assassin's creed. The industry that is moving away from it is just telling us they are incompetent.

Oh and its a game, not a movie. Dont give us those arguments. They arent even worth discussing. I swear... devs these days.

i am definitly sure Next gen isnt 720p 60fps either.Bayonetta 2 looks (tech wise) could be easily done on 2005 hardware consoles.

you shouldnt defent with blind eyes.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
paypay88 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
Drakrami said:

1-AC Unity

2-Far Cry 4

3-Shadow of Mordor

4-GTA 5 R*Mastered

5-WolfEinstein 

no little big planet and smash bros?

Smash no  . LBP maybe if game is truly good like like LBP2 not spin-offs. LBP3 could have chance.This is second worst year i suppose  2012 was bad as like this so The Walking Dead and Journey took awards

Around the Network
Dadrik said:
Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2...

The only other games that could take the GOTY award from Nintendo are Shadow Of Mordor, Dark Souls 2 and Forza Horizon 2 (yes, a racing game, but it's just soooo good).
Far Cry 4 and AC Unity look great, but I really don't think they'll be THAT good.

Interesting that Destructoid gave Shadow of Mordor a 60 and Bayonetta 2 a 100.

I doubt Far Cry 4 will hit the same score as Far Cry 3 (91).  I think some critics will punish it for being too much like FC3.

This is a very down year.  I'm certain Bayonetta will win quite a number of GOTY awards.  Gamespot, Edge, and Destructoid seem given.

paypay88 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
Drakrami said:

1-AC Unity

2-Far Cry 4

3-Shadow of Mordor

4-GTA 5 R*Mastered

5-WolfEinstein 

Shadow of Mordor maybe, Wolfestein nope... GTA if it was its first year...

Far Cry 4 and AC Unity we have to wait until reviews starts to come, so it won't become Destiny/TitanFall/WatchDogs..

Bayonetta is already the best action game of the Year.. I highly doubt it will end up winning Goty, but I don't care.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Skidmore said:
paypay88 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
Drakrami said:

1-AC Unity

2-Far Cry 4

3-Shadow of Mordor

4-GTA 5 R*Mastered

5-WolfEinstein 

Shadow of Mordor maybe, Wolfestein nope... GTA if it was its first year...

Far Cry 4 and AC Unity we have to wait until reviews starts to come, so it won't become Destiny/TitanFall/WatchDogs..

Bayonetta is already the best action game of the Year.. I highly doubt it will end up winning Goty, but I don't care.

From seen AC Unity is already goty contender from Videos.There is no ac game that didnt deliver after first one.

Far Cry 4 looks refined and new version of FC3 

It is getting really good scores, it might actually be a contender. I can't remember the last time a beat-up style game won GOTY. It would be a great change of pace as a candidate.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

So it's even better than we had dared hope?

Lube Me Up