By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 GOTY! Gamespot PERFECT SCORE!

Danganronpa 2.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Wright said:
DerNebel said:
Makes me wonder, has there ever been a GOTY that didn't break the 1 million barrier?

Journey.

Do we know that or are you just assuming it?

DerNebel said:
Wright said:

Journey.

I'm 100% sure that by the time critics gave the awards to the game, it hadn't broken one million units. I'm 75% sure it still hasn't been downloaded more than one million times (on Ps3).

Wright said:
DerNebel said:
Wright said:

Journey.

I'm 100% sure that by the time critics gave the awards to the game, it hadn't broken one million units. I'm 75% sure it still hasn't been downloaded more than one million times (on Ps3).

Oh, by the time the awards were given. Yeah that's pretty likely. Overall it's kind of a mystery, I mean there's also the retail release with the collection, so it might very well have cracked the million.

DerNebel said:
Wright said:

Oh, by the time the awards were given. Yeah that's pretty likely. Overall it's kind of a mystery, I mean there's also the retail release with the collection, so it might very well have cracked the million.

But that's something either the dev or Sony would have said. I mean, why wouldn't you say so.

The only thing we know is that Journey is the fastest-selling item on Playstation Network.

Around the Network
Wright said:

But that's something either the dev or Sony would have said. I mean, why wouldn't you say so.

The only thing we know is that Journey is the fastest-selling item on Playstation Network.

I think we're really going a bit too much in the speculation territory when we start assuming that devs/publishers are going to announce every milestone they hit.

Maybe the game just got there through PSN sales and the bargain bin sometime in 2013 or 2014, so they didn't feel that that was worth announcing anymore.

Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2...

The only other games that could take the GOTY award from Nintendo are Shadow Of Mordor, Dark Souls 2 and Forza Horizon 2 (yes, a racing game, but it's just soooo good).
Far Cry 4 and AC Unity look great, but I really don't think they'll be THAT good.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Wow, I can't believe it. Gamespot hardly ever gives a 10. And last week there were people here claiming Gamespot was paid by MS to only give MS's games high scores.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Since when does gamspot decide what was an overall GOTY?

Last year, they gave TLoU an 8 and it went on to be the most rewarded entertainment product of all times with more than 50 perfect scores

MoHasanie said:
Wow, I can't believe it. Gamespot hardly ever gives a 10. And last week there were people here claiming Gamespot was paid by MS to only give MSs games low scores.

That would be a weird deal for MS to make. :P