By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What if... Microsoft didn't make the Xbox?

Where would the studios(Rare, Bungie, etc)they acquired be?

How would it affect Nintendo and Sony? 

Around the Network

Halo could never exists (or it will be on Windows).

Now Bungie and Rare already was great devs before MS.

MS did good things to industry until 360... after that they started to fuck up... they can learn now and do better with Xbone 2.

Edit - Nintendo and Sony won't be affected... before it was Sega... now it was MS... if it was not MS then other third guy could be in their place.

I think Nintendo and Sony wont be affected and Microsoft may have pushed PC gaming more which would have been fantastic!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I don't think many things would be that different. We wouldn't have Halo but we would have a much better Rare and I personally prefer Rare making good games again over Halo.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I still think that Microsoft would have acquired Bungie for Halo since there was a noteworthy community on the PC.

As for the studios like Rare, they would've went bankrupt already if it hadn't been for Microsoft keeping them alive since they started declining before being acquired by Microsoft. Other studios would've been independent.

This whole scenario means almost nothing to Nintendo but Sony on the other hand would've enjoyed seeing more profit ...

Around the Network

Actually, Halo would be a Mac exclusive. Steve Jobs actually showed it in a Mac Expo.

XanderXT said:
Actually, Halo would be a Mac exclusive. Steve Jobs actually showed it in a Mac Expo.

Not true, the game was also originally announced for PC too ... 

Gaming wouldnt be same as these days.Online gaming will be 10 years behind then current.
COD wouldnt become huge on consoles it would still do fine in PC though
No microtranstations isuppose

fatslob-:O said:

I still think that Microsoft would have acquired Bungie for Halo since there was a noteworthy community on the PC.

As for the studios like Rare, they would've went bankrupt already if it hadn't been for Microsoft keeping them alive since they started declining before being acquired by Microsoft. Other studios would've been independent.

This whole scenario means almost nothing to Nintendo but Sony on the other hand would've enjoyed seeing more profit ...

Rare was still making good games. Star Fox Adventures is the best Zelda Clone I've played. It's even better than Dark Souls and Okami in my opinion. The only reason people hate it is because it wasn't a rail shooter.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
fatslob-:O said:

Rare was still making good games. Star Fox Adventures is the best Zelda Clone I've played. It's even better than Dark Souls and Okami in my opinion. The only reason people hate it is because it wasn't a rail shooter.

You should try Kingsley Adventure on PS1 . Its way far best Zelda game ever.(if you like zelda style games9