By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - iSuppli: WTF? Part Deux

Jandre002 said:
famousringo said:

Can you turn off your reality-distortion field and link me some 'professional' analysis which in 2006 predicted that Wii would be the market leader by the end of 2007?

If you can't, then John Lucas' owns all of the 'professional' analysts.

By the way, the name of your logical fallacy is appeal to authority. And I will take your bet that the PS3 will outsell the Wii this Christmas. What stakes?

Ok heres the bet. From November to Jan 1st 09 the PS3 will sell more units worldwide than the Wii. From Jan 08 - Jan 09 the PS3's total sales will be within 2,000,000 of the Wii.

Sounds good, but what are the stakes? Sigs, avatars, public apology/humiliation? I don't normally do bans, but I'm confident enough of victory to make an exception. :)

Psst, shaddup azrm2k. >.> 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

People saying that every wii owner will get a PS3 are really retarded and hypocrites. You are the same people saying the Wii is made of casuals, then why would casuals buy a "Hardcore" machine?
Answer me this.

OT: Isupply is a pile of crap.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/29796/iSuppli-PS3-price-cut-expected-this-year

A bit further down in the article -- iSupply thinks that Xbox outsold Wii last year.

Link: http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_iSuppli_2008_The_Turning_Year_for_PS3_14670.html

According to the data released by iSuppli, Xbox 360 has sold 18.2 million units in 2007, while Nintendo Wii sold only 18 million.

VGChartz places it at 19.1M Wii, 16.3M X360 and 8.8M PS3.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

well its not only them predicting that sony will overtake the wii in the future......so i dont really see anything funny....

Around the Network

^ They are not predicting anything consistently, they just throw up numbers in the air, with no facts, so you should be worried about what you say.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Why someone would fork over big bucks for a bluray movie when four poeple could watch the same movie in a theatre for less is beyond me, especially in the middle of a recession. Sony and the Bluray reminds me of DEC and the Alpha. Yawn.

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

mike_intellivision said:
A bit further down in the article -- iSupply thinks that Xbox outsold Wii last year.

Link: http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_iSuppli_2008_The_Turning_Year_for_PS3_14670.html

According to the data released by iSuppli, Xbox 360 has sold 18.2 million units in 2007, while Nintendo Wii sold only 18 million.

VGChartz places it at 19.1M Wii, 16.3M X360 and 8.8M PS3.

Mike from Morgantown

Hang on... in '07, or lifetime?

Either way the numbers are wrong.

Its pretty scary how much press those fools are getting.

By the end of this year, the numbers will be comprehensive enough to make these articles meaningless. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

If Jack Thompson still has people in the media who don't laugh whenever he opens his mouth, iSuppli might be able to do a lot of damage before people wise up.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

@shams

I took them as lifetime numbers though they appear to be (mis)stated to be annual figures according to the article.

My comparisons were LTD.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV