By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I bought a PS4 yesterday..

gongratz and welcome to the dark side.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. Sounds like you have some great games to start out. I would definitely recommend AC IV: Black Flag if you like open world games. Even if you are not a big AC fan (I wasn't before this game) you can enjoy because it is a bit different from its' predecessors and just a lot of fun. If you like a good old school platformer the underappreciated remake of Oddworld is outstanding.

Anyway, have fun. :)

Welcome to going to bed at night knowing you own the best.

Burek said:
The battery really does last very little, but don't go spending extra money unnecessarily, it's a waste.
You do have about 6-8 hours of playing time, and you certainly won't play that much without breaks (you really shouldn't). You got a USB cable with it, so just use your port on the PS4 to charge it, or do what I do, and use your smartphone charger. It charges in less than 2 hours. Just get in the habit of plugging it in every couple of days between sessions, and you should never have problems with low battery.

get a USB extension cable.that's what i use. 

iTechHeads said:
Welcome to 1st class.

Hardly first class. More like economy with more leg room. First class has always been PC, nor will it change. Just be glad he's on a mutli-console flight because the destination is fun and you can have it with everyone on board. 

Around the Network
badgenome said:

Congrats. I just bought one myself. I hope you'll enjoy having the worst battery life of any controller ever as much as I have.

It is pretty awful, I ended up buying a charger dock to leave 2 pads in as all that ever happened  was I'd get "your pad is dying" messages constantly. Even just leaving them unplugged they seem to lose their charge >_<

OP Welcome to the WiiU/PS4 club! both nice systems with controllers with shockingly poor battery life! But some great games. PS4 makes the perfect companion for any serious Vita gamer :D

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

NintendoSupporter<3 said:

Yup picked it up yesterday. Joined the dark side. Got the Destiny bundle with The Last of Us Remasted and Infamous: Second Son. I love this thing, been up all night playing it, but yeah. Strange how I made a thread months ago about me saying I bought the Vita and people were telling me things like "Be prepared to return it a week later". Haha but the Vita pushed me to get the PS4. Plus the lack of 3rd party games on WiiU. Ready for next gen (current gen) gaming now. :]

Congrats!

I would strongly advise to buy some cheap thumb grips for your DS4. Mainly because I found the original sticks too slippery, and it will improve the lifespan of your DS4.

I have the orbs thumb grips, the grip is really impressive, notably with the convex ones. You also have a pair of concav (X360) style grips which are also very good.

amak11 said:
iTechHeads said:
Welcome to 1st class.

Hardly first class. More like economy with more leg room. First class has always been PC, nor will it change. Just be glad he's on a mutli-console flight because the destination is fun and you can have it with everyone on board. 

Calm down. PC isn't a console. It doesnt't sit under your TV. It's not included in any of my comments I make because again, PC is not a console its a PC. Personal Computer. 

I know there's people who like to game on a PC. That's fine but you guys need to butt out of the console wars. It really doesn't concern you.

Comgrats

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

iTechHeads said:
amak11 said:
iTechHeads said:
Welcome to 1st class.

Calm down. PC isn't a console. It doesnt't sit under your TV. It's not included in any of my comments I make because again, PC is not a console its a PC. Personal Computer. 

I know there's people who like to game on a PC. That's fine but you guys need to butt out of the console wars. It really doesn't concern you.

You guys? You are classifying me now? I literally said the least bias thing if we are not bringing the PC in to this then there is no point talking about platforms in which you can play games on. You guys who are single platform owning gamers need to butt out of the console war.

PS. I was calm til this post, so I suggest you read the part I bold... I'm pro-fun not anti-console