By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 doesn't have multiple languages on 1 disc.......

This would've been a problem, if it was a JRPG, considering that many JRPGs have bad voice actors. Ryan did say that MGS4 will have the best english voice overs in the series. Kojima did say 50GB blu-ray was too small, and I've found that hard to believe.

Around the Network

I think they have subtitles..........

Lafiel said:
I hope the japanese version has english subtitles, for in that case that would be the definite version for me. The english cast is quite good, but for my ears the japanese voice over just sounds tremendously better.

the classic arguement of Japanese anime, Do you prefer Dub or Sub?

It really depends, Ideally, you want to try both, but in this case, I think you are stuck with one, the last thing you can hope for is a perfect dub.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Sub all the way.

Heavenly Sword also had multiple languages. Don't know how big the size was for that one.

so massive...I can't wait.

Around the Network
Mars said:
why would i want japanese voice overs ???????

One example, my room mate and his friends are studying in Japanese. Heck, they watch Japanese movies all the time (english subtitles only I might add)

BMaker11 said:
If I'm not mistaken, Lair took up about 25 GB because of extra language voiceovers.

However the difference between this situation and that of Lair's is that Lair was that big BECAUSE of all the extra audio, whereas MGS4 WON'T have extra audio because the game is so big already.

But even still, on Joystiq and Destructoid, many people are flipping out saying things like "Kojima is just crappy. He needs to program more efficiently...blah blah blah"

I honestly enjoy those comments, though, because for over a year, they've said that only with Blu-ray is the game possible, and this proves it, yet there are still naysayers

Still, while it may not contain other languages, Metal Gear Solid games are usually PACKED with dialog anyway. 

i really dont think americans know how or want to know how to speak japanease vice versa

Mars said:
why would i want japanese voice overs ???????

Best response yet ^

I agree. Why would I want Japanese, I speak 99% english and like 1% french, i know no Japanese.

Mirson said:
This would've been a problem, if it was a JRPG, considering that many JRPGs have bad voice actors. Ryan did say that MGS4 will have the best english voice overs in the series. Kojima did say 50GB blu-ray was too small, and I've found that hard to believe.

So long as they keep David Hayter, I'm happy. :D