By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

mornelithe said:
Mummelmann said:

Indeed, the multiplats seem to have a much stronger effect for the PS4 than the One, but the difference is a lot smaller in the US and we're only a year or so into the competition. I still think the One has a shot if MS play their cards right. Let's not forget the many turnarounds and comebacks of the 7th gen; the market does not exist in a solid state, it is very much a fluid one.

Do we have the Xbox numbers for September yet? Soooo many pages to go through...

Anyway; Pachter seems to have been way off, a lot more than usual, this is downright shameful for him.

284K for XB1, I believe.

So everything is undertracked? In my face!

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
mornelithe said:
Mummelmann said:

Indeed, the multiplats seem to have a much stronger effect for the PS4 than the One, but the difference is a lot smaller in the US and we're only a year or so into the competition. I still think the One has a shot if MS play their cards right. Let's not forget the many turnarounds and comebacks of the 7th gen; the market does not exist in a solid state, it is very much a fluid one.

Do we have the Xbox numbers for September yet? Soooo many pages to go through...

Anyway; Pachter seems to have been way off, a lot more than usual, this is downright shameful for him.

284K for XB1, I believe.

Yeah, PS4 went gangbusters, XB1 did ok, but probably not as good as MS was hoping given their deals.

mornelithe said:

Yeah, PS4 went gangbusters, XB1 did ok, but probably not as good as MS was hoping given their deals.

The One needs to shake the remnants of that Kinect image; launching with mandatory Kinect and at that price was a massive mistake by MS. It was actually my first complaint of the product and I said from the beginning (even a good while before launch) that Kinect had to go and that it would do damage.

Let's give it some time; I think we'll see some impressive numbers from both when the flagship titles arrive (games like Watchdogs and Destiny are also becoming flagship franchises of their own it seems). It appears as if exclusives have lost a little of their purpose in the 8th gen but it's too early to tell at this point.

the Forza 2 figures is just messed up....looks like a game that deserves better

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Hyrule warriors doing good, but not great.
Mario kart 8 still going
Great Destiny sales.
Ps4! WOW!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
Mummelmann said:
mornelithe said:
Mummelmann said:

284K for XB1, I believe.

Their free game deal, combined with bundles that include a game for free, was more than likely done in desperation as a result of the PS4 Destiny bundle pre-order numbers.  It probably met with their expectations.  I'm guessing the main reason for this is they wanted to avoid tabloids saying, "PS4 now over doubles Xbox One sales" which makes things look incredibly dire after their the reall battle doesn't start until September speech.  It also shows that they really don't want to permanently lower the price at this time.  My guess is that investors are not too happy, and Microsoft doesn't want to push them too much.  As things are going, I believe that if the Xbox division was spun off right now the Xbox division wouldn't have the financial support to keep momentum and it would fail.

So if I'm not mistaked, that would put current NPD actuals at:

PS4: 4,490,000
Xbox One: 3,490,000
Wii-U: 2,780,000

Does that sound right?

Lol. They made a gif featuring patcher. Apart from making gif neogaf is good for nothing; especially analyzing sales.

Aura7541 said:
Jesus, the PS4 outsold the X1 by nearly 2 to 1 despite that you could get a free game with the X1 and MS advertising the X1 like crazy during (American) football games.

Actually they were giving two free games, not one.

Jranation said:
Hyrule warriors doing good, but not great.
Mario kart 8 still going
Great Destiny sales.
Ps4! WOW!

I actually think Hyrule Warriors is doing great, compared to my expectations for the West anyway!

I'd like to see the breakdown for digital sales though; I wonder how much effect the size of the internal storage of the Wii U has on this distribution alternative.

Pachter - smashed!!