By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

tbone51 said:
Ninsect said:

What?? Not a chance imo. It won't have long legs. 

I bet you would of said something similar if i said HW would be close to 200k in its first month

Seriously though, it can have legs, nothing major but we have this holiday. Unless you think its just gonna drop off. Also those numbers posted are NA vs Hyrule warriors US #s

Not really, since the 190k includes digital. 120-150k retail sales are not surprising to me, and really doesn't impress me either. Decent all things considered, sure, but let's not lower our standards.

It will drop off yeah. Might be able to top 400k or so at best

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:

How could I lost, just becouse you grab the ball and run crying "I won, I won!!"?

There were a time when MS used to give us NPD numbers, Sony, never did. And the work of those leakers was almost inferences and projections from previous years.

Since MS stop doing this early this year the Gafers become our only source. They could have proved particular accurated this July when NPD numbers for the first semestre was leaked. Eventhoght we had Jan, Feb and March numbers from Microsoft NeoGaf "official" leak was given the PS4 a lead of almost 700k by July, that was off by almost 200K.

200K of in 3 months!!!

That was the oportunity to prove them right!! But they missed because they are only projections.

Well, there's your answer. Ask yourself why they suddenly changed.

The PS5 Exists. 

Dark_Feanor said:
Ninsect said:

I would explain it with 300k+ Destiny PS4 bundles being sold but not counted vs. MS giving the game away for free with new consoles for a week. It doesn't tell us anything about MS sales.

Oh, and please would you give up the "Neogaf leakers are not trustworthy" narrative. You look silly to pretty much everyone.

How could I lost, just becouse you grab the ball and run crying "I won, I won!!"?

There were a time when MS used to give us NPD numbers, Sony, never did. And the work of those leakers was almost inferences and projections from previous years.

Since MS stop doing this early this year the Gafers become our only source. They could have proved particular accurated this July when NPD numbers for the first semestre was leaked. Eventhoght we had Jan, Feb and March numbers from Microsoft NeoGaf "official" leak was given the PS4 a lead of almost 700k by July, that was off by almost 200K.

200K of in 3 months!!!

That was the oportunity to prove them right!! But they missed because they are only projections.

Oh I give up. I honestly don't know what you're trying to say here but I do know that it's made up based on your own hopes. Reminiscent of delusions, you don't change your beliefs even if you are provided with rock solid evidence that goes against your beliefs.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

500k+ for the PS Quadrizzle.. any concrete XOne numbers?

Ninsect said:
tbone51 said:
Ninsect said:

Not really, since the 190k includes digital. 120-150k retail sales are not surprising to me, and really doesn't impress me either. Decent all things considered, sure, but let's not lower our standards.

Digital or not it doesn't matter! Decent? Did you see what i first posted^ Thats not decent for US DW#s, thats amazing :P

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Ninsect said:
tbone51 said:
Ninsect said:

Digital or not it doesn't matter! Decent? Did you see what i first posted^ Thats not decent for US DW#s, thats amazing :P

Since when is 190k amazing for launch month of a Zelda game, digital included? What were you expecting, less than 100k at retail??

If you insist on calling it a DW game can we see launch month sales for other DW's because I suspect they aren't much lower but have a huge dropoff. 

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Where is the leakers? sugar? aqua?

Ninsect said:
tbone51 said:
Ninsect said:
tbone51 said:
Ninsect said:

Since when is 190k amazing for launch month of a Zelda game, digital included? What were you expecting, less than 100k at retail??

If you insist on calling it a DW game can we see launch month sales for other DW's because I suspect they aren't much lower but have a huge dropoff. 

Oh its a full on Zelda game now is it? News to me!

"What were you expecting, less than 100k at retail??" I think alot of people were (thread somewhere here) because of japans performance.

I was thinking NPD would have 120-130k (me being one of the optimistic predictors!) and it did alot more, i just looked up others in the franchise, and thats high as f*** for it.

No matter a DW game is a DW game like OP Pirate Warriors in japan (best selling DW game of last gen there with over 850k+ sales)

Dark_Feanor said:
DonFerrari said:

There's a disclaimer at the end of article, so if came down to it they will just fire the author. 

Yes there is and they use that to spout whatever no sense at all.

Don´t be that dramatic.

There is a lot of analyst making predictions all the time for wallstreet. In most case the don´t even have more information than VGChartz has. In some cases the even use VGChartz numbers.

there is a difference between predicting a wrong outcome and stating a wrong number as fact. But maybe you don't know since you usually changes both.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Intrinsic said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Would guys stop for a minute and think that Apple sold 10x more iPhones 6s WW in two days than all consoles combined in the USA the whole month?

Would you stop for a minute and think that Coca-Cola sells 1.7B coke beverages every single day? All year round?

Thats 170x more than iphones sold every single day.

You know you are in deep when you have to dig that deep to find relevance... like iphone sales has anything what soever to do with the PS4/XB1. 

hey..we have the same jokes :P

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6755264