By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

I bet someone right now saying X360 is 1M undertracked because of Shipment figures wouldn't ever in the past allegate that it could be overstuffing the channel, could he?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
I bet someone right now saying X360 is 1M undertracked because of Shipment figures wouldn't ever in the past allegate that it could be overstuffing the channel, could he?

Unfortunatley you are correct.  Can't wait to see how ioi adjusts his numbers if he does at all to be more in line with NPD. Also, by how much is PS4 going to outsell Xbone in the next NPD?

kowenicki said:
DonFerrari said:

Can you define overstuffing the channel... describe exactly how that works for me...  I'm all ears.

Its utter, utter garbage, born of a mind that doesnt understand how retail works.

And have the guts to talk to me direct in future.

I don't know how that works, but I'm 100% sure there were a big number of people here that were certain PS3 wasn't selling good and when VGC were severely undertracking PS3 they were always claiming overtracking and the difference between shipping and selling here were Sony forcing retailers to accept PS3 they wouldn't be able to sell... Funny you don't remember the case, you are here since 2007 and were active in sales thread weren't you? Don't remember you defending or attacking the overstuffing at the time, what was your position?

I agree it's utter garbage, and thanks for mentioning.

The only reason I didn't quoted you is because I don't remember your position at the time, so it wasn't an attack at you but at the subject (done in the past by pro MS members and now done by Sony supporter, and both wrong)... Never saw MS saying if it ever included RROD units that were substituted for free (altough we know some users really bought and paid for several x360), but since SW totals and attach ratio is better than PS3 I would say X360 is probably undertracked globally (or really X360 bought even more SW per HW than what we have, and even tough the domination in USA explains higher attach ratio I don't think it is so much bigger that X360 is overstuffed). But since last quarter shipment were really small MAYBE MS pushed for more X360 stock than was sold during Holidays (but that will be sorted in next shipments), but yes the idea of 4M on shelves is quite crazy.

So if anyone is saying X360 should have lower numbers in here but claimed PS3 undertracked in the past and vice-versa that was the target of my post, if you took it personnal too bad. When I antagonize you I do it directly and you already saw it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Robbie2010 said:
DonFerrari said:

Unfortunatley you are correct.  Can't wait to see how ioi adjusts his numbers if he does at all to be more in line with NPD. Also, by how much is PS4 going to outsell Xbone in the next NPD?

It's funny that ioi don't correct ps4 because he don't know where to put but then put extra 2M in USA and 1M in Germany. Probably been doing better in ROTW than we aknowledge.

DonFerrari said:
kowenicki said:
DonFerrari said:

Can you define overstuffing the channel... describe exactly how that works for me...  I'm all ears.

Its utter, utter garbage, born of a mind that doesnt understand how retail works.

I don't know how that works, but I'm 100% sure there were a big number of people here that were certain PS3 wasn't selling good and when VGC were severely undertracking PS3 they were always claiming overtracking and the difference between shipping and selling here were Sony forcing retailers to accept PS3 they wouldn't be able to sell... Funny you don't remember the case, you are here since 2007 and were active in sales thread weren't you? Don't remember you defending or attacking the overstuffing at the time, what was your position?

The only reason I didn't quoted you is because I don't remember your position at the time, so it wasn't an attack at you but at the subject (done in the past by pro MS members and now done by Sony supporter, and both wrong)... Never saw MS saying if it ever included RROD units that were substituted for free (altough we know some users really bought and paid for several x360), but since SW totals and attach ratio is better than PS3 I would say X360 is probably undertracked globally (or really X360 bought even more SW per HW than what we have, and even tough the domination in USA explains higher attach ratio I don't think it is so much bigger that X360 is overstuffed). But since last quarter shipment were really small MAYBE MS pushed for more X360 stock than was sold during Holidays (but that will be sorted in next shipments), but yes the idea of 4M on shelves is quite crazy.

So if anyone is saying X360 should have lower numbers in here but claimed PS3 undertracked in the past and vice-versa that was the target of my post, if you took it personnal too bad. When I antagonize you I do it directly and you already saw it.

He literally made the comment you were suggesting someone would say, in this thread about the X360's numbers, which is why he's faux-outraged. 

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
DonFerrari said:
kowenicki said:

He literally made the comment you were suggesting someone would say, in this thread about the X360's numbers, which is why he's faux-outraged. 

So my subconcious memory is better than I tough and concluding by Kowen answer he don't have  knowledge of retail work? I'll stop using his tips on stocks.

Robbie2010 said:
DonFerrari said:

50k - 100k max

maybe less. depends on how may double dip on the white xbox one and the ps4 decline because of huge september sales

DonFerrari said:

So my subconcious memory is better than I tough and concluding by Kowen answer he don't have  knowledge of retail work? I'll stop using his tips on stocks.

Pretty sure that comment about knowledge of retail was actually directed at you, honestly, looks like he felt you were taking a shot at him.

mornelithe said:
DonFerrari said:

Pretty sure that comment about knowledge of retail was actually directed at you, honestly, looks like he felt you were taking a shot at him.

I agree he probably was talking about me... but if he in the past said PS3 was overstuffing the channels (with like 5M or so at the time) then he would be the one that wouldn't know retail. But I don't bother with attacks against me.

Euphoria14 said:

Must admit, not only are the PS4 numbers great, but the meltdown it caused for a certain member here was even greater.

i agree, this thread was great. it was a epic dark meltdown. good numbers overall though. great for PS4.