By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

GribbleGrunger said:
So Pachter is now safe in the knowledge that he can spread is nonsense without being proven wrong by insiders? I'm not liking the sound of that at all.

Leaks will always find a way to be revealed.

Around the Network

...at least we still get PR statements from Nintendo?

mornelithe said:
Leadified said:

Gaming companies and NPD really need to be more transparent about things like this. Aqua is probably feeling a lot of pressure now especially from NPD Group.

I'm confused as to exactly what she expected?  It's not like it was some secret that she and Cream were known, trusted, leakers in the gaming community.  I mean, leaking is great and all...but so is your job, or whatever allows her to have that kind of access.  Why would you risk that by going to the same site for however long (no idea how long she's been there), leaking the same information, however vaguely for months (or years) and expect someone not to pick up on that?

To be honest, there was a time when Microsoft was willing to share.  Sony has always been dodgy, but they always manage to give us enough info to extrapolate.  Honestly, I think that Microsoft has made things harder for itself with such ambiguous PR.  They have crafted some of the most non informative sequence of words to date.  All those extra filler words packed into the English language that are essentially meant to buy time while an actual thought is formulated.

The gaming industry in the US is such a fucking joke. We get data from three sources in Japan weekly, yet this data is held back in the US? Why? My theory is that two hardware makers have been losing billions on gaming for over a decade and they want to keep bad sales quiet to keep shareholders in the dark.

GribbleGrunger said:
So Pachter is now safe in the knowledge that he can spread is nonsense without being proven wrong by insiders? I'm not liking the sound of that at all.

Every one can spread non sense but nonsense is still nonsense afterall, for sure all insider and gaming entusiat already knew that his very good at defending his idiocy on gaming industry. So we can all agree now that his credibility has lost. He become more or last as an entertainer then an respectfull sales forecaster.

Around the Network
Deeds said:

The gaming industry in the US is such a fucking joke. We get data from three sources in Japan weekly, yet this data is held back in the US? Why? My theory is that two hardware makers have been losing billions on gaming for over a decade and they want to keep bad sales quiet to keep shareholders in the dark.

Haha, no.

It's because NPD charges a pretty penny for their info, if the data is leaked they loose out on those big bucks

HollyGamer said:

Lol, I found  this on  Gematsu comment section about some Neogaf members commenting on GAF, the comment is made to jpeg so i just post the url here, it made me chukle, i dont know this person whose commenting  but he mentioned Ioi, I guess he also members of VGC because he knew about the conflct within 10 millions PS4 announcement.

It is a satire post... this guy is awesome with his posts every NPD... last one a lot of GAFers believed he was serious because he used a old internal joke satiring Albert Penello.

when will nintendo give the public information of their last quarter? I think more than 3 months have passed

wary-wallaroo said:
Deeds said:

Haha, no.

It's because NPD charges a pretty penny for their info, if the data is leaked they loose out on those big bucks

How does Media Create make money?

Good or bad I want to see the damn sales numbers. Are these people getting their panties in a bunch because of fanboys? I am also a fan of automobliles, and despite the fact that car fanboys are an order of magnitude more obnoxious and delusional than gaming fanboys (Tesla Motors fans and VW  fans especially) we still get accurate sales data for cars for free. Why not games?