By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Hi everyone, I just want to take a moment to introduce myself in this thread.

My handle is Veknoid_Outcast, I'm 31, and I live on the east coast of the United States. I work in international education, I have a rescue cat named Oswald, and I just got married in May

VGChartz hosts a great community, and I'm proud to be a part of it. I look forward to serving as your moderator.

If anyone ever has a question or concern about my decisions, please don't hesitate to contact me, preferably by PM.

Just curious, what do you do in international education?

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
[snip]

Just curious, what do you do in international education?

I work in an administrative capacity, so I do a lot of scheduling, event planning, report writing, etc. My company sponsors study abroad and work exchange programs.

JayWood2010 said:

Its the principal of the matter.  For once id like to see them admit to being wrong.  Ive literally seen them sweep things under the rug to save face.  I wont mention the user but there was originally a user banned for 14 days, a ban that shouldnt have happened.  People disagreed with it including me.  That ban was lifted after so many days and then stated in this thread that the ban was always 7 days (or something like that) when it wasnt.  That user sent me a PM telling me thanks after they lifted the ban and told me that they had lifted it and he was not going to say anything about it, which is the only reason i wont say who it was publicly.  The mods may or may not know who im talking about.  But for once id like to see the mods admit to a mistake instead of being dismissive and placing blame on others.

I'd like more details about this (i.e. the name of the user) because if what you say is accurate then it certainly isn't the proper way to act on the moderator's part.

Signature goes here!

Just saw some Captain_Tom guy got banned for being condescending. Now, I was not aware that being condescending was a bannable offense and I'm not arguing his ban for him, but if being condescending is a bannable offense then I'm pretty sure kowenecki racks up a permaban every time he logs on for condescending behaviour on these forums.

Thanks jlmurph!

BreedinBull said:
Just saw some Captain_Tom guy got banned for being condescending. Now, I was not aware that being condescending was a bannable offense and I'm not arguing his ban for him, but if being condescending is a bannable offense then I'm pretty sure kowenecki racks up a permaban every time he logs on for condescending behaviour on these forums.

Being condescending to somebody falls under the catergory for flaming. Although "flaming" in itself is kind of a broad term.

Around the Network
BreedinBull said:

I'm not sure if I'd have called it condescending but it's definitely flaming. As Leadified says flaming is a broad term which features a lot of topics, and moderations are taken on a case by case basis. With his history, it was only natural for him to get moderated for what is obviously an attack and off topic remarks. You have to consider how people will react to the comments and the context of the post itself, these things were working against Tom and hence, he was moderated this time. 

As for Kowen, he skirts close to the line sometimes and he does get moderated. He has been several times this year infact. But that's a different case to what happened here.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Ka-pi96 said:

I dunno, calling condescending flaming is kind of stretching it a bit. Plenty of people could be banned for that every day, so where do you draw the line?

Depends on how condescending they are.  It can easily be flaming, but as with most things there are different levels...  Pretty much every captain Tom post has some bite in it, it is an issue he needs to work on...

Excuse me but how is this supposed to be offensive ? 

fatslob-:O said:

Excuse me but how is this supposed to be offensive ? 

The post in question was moderated for violating rule #10: flame bait and trolling. Specifically, the post was intended to bait other users. reggin_bolas could easily have explained his attitude about the WiiU's future in a constructive post. Instead he chose wording that was incendiary. That fact, coupled with the user's history of hit-and-run provocative posts, led to a seven-day ban for trolling.

I hope this helps explains the ban and its duration.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

The post in question was moderated for violating rule #10: flame bait and trolling. Specifically, the post was intended to bait other users. reggin_bolas could easily have explained his attitude about the WiiU's future in a constructive post. Instead he chose wording that was incendiary. That fact, coupled with the user's history of hit-and-run provocative posts, led to a seven-day ban for trolling.

I hope this helps explains the ban and its duration.

I don't understand ... How can you even tell if that post was intended to provoke and bait other users ? 

Even with his history there was absolutely nothing wrong with his wording. He just called it for what it is ...

His post IS somewhat constructive. Even though it's a regurgitated statement he did have an explanation for his view.

What exactly is the problem calling a product that is dying, image wise ? The community did it in the past so why is it a problem now ?