By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

We can't fix any of the technical problems, and that's all on ioi.

The teamwork complaint is more valid, but the resolution to that is also tricky.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

:/

Conegamer said:
MohammadBadir said:
Sitting and waiting for this "mod team problem" to resolve itself isn't gonna work, you guys need to take a bit of action.
Say for example, what purpose do inactive mods serve? A mod is supposed to be an active/semi-active forum-goer who enforces the rules, not a higher ranked user. Whenever I check a banned user's wall it's usually a ban note from the same few mods that I see.
There are many down-to-earth forum goers that would most likely make good mods, why not make them mods?
I realize that some of the mods are site veterans, thus it's easier to trust them, but if they're not logging on much then why continue being mods in the first place?
No offense to those in question of course.

I agree; particularly with the bolded. It's something I've been pushing for what seems like forever (probably July at least) but as I said it seems like things are moving on now. Can't say anymore than that now ofcourse, but if you or anyone else have any suggestions on how to improve the mod team then do just say, that's what the thread is for after all!

Ok, i suggest you make ka-pi a mod! 

MohammadBadir said:
:/

Well last year ioi was looking for a web developer so I wonder what that person has been up to. Maybe working on fixing this site. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

gergroy said:
Conegamer said:
MohammadBadir said:
Sitting and waiting for this "mod team problem" to resolve itself isn't gonna work, you guys need to take a bit of action.
Say for example, what purpose do inactive mods serve? A mod is supposed to be an active/semi-active forum-goer who enforces the rules, not a higher ranked user. Whenever I check a banned user's wall it's usually a ban note from the same few mods that I see.
There are many down-to-earth forum goers that would most likely make good mods, why not make them mods?
I realize that some of the mods are site veterans, thus it's easier to trust them, but if they're not logging on much then why continue being mods in the first place?
No offense to those in question of course.

I agree; particularly with the bolded. It's something I've been pushing for what seems like forever (probably July at least) but as I said it seems like things are moving on now. Can't say anymore than that now ofcourse, but if you or anyone else have any suggestions on how to improve the mod team then do just say, that's what the thread is for after all!

Yeah, Ka pi would be a great mod! 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Mods I have a concern:

soony_xbone_U said:
Kerotan said:

SAY ANECDOTAL ONE MORE TIME.

I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU MOTHERFUCKER.

I'm not sure it this is joke post, or not. But i forwarded it to the mods and they will decide and judge. This is NOT the kind of words, i want to read here

The people argueing before me said the word anecdotal a million times and my head was spinning so I posted an obvious joke used many times in many places from a very popular film. It was relevant to the situation and does not warrent even being reported IMO. 

Just want to make it clear to you that it was a joke as the guy/girl who was outraged by it clearly  didn't grasp that and reported me. Thanks for your time. 

MoHasanie said:
gergroy said:

I'll bear it in mind, as with your concern Kerotan. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

So... as a surprise to no one, Kantor has been MIA ever since the torch was passed to him from AxumBlade (who is still with us, but no longer wanted to be the Head Mod). When Kantor was made Head Mod, he picked me as the Deputy Head (which is basically a consigliere to provide feedback and act whenever the Head cannot).

But the mod team has talked, and Kantor remains MIA (hope you're doing well bud, we miss ya). So I'll be Head Mod, with TruckOSaurus as the Deputy Head Mod. Congrats to Truck, he's an amazing user and an amazing friend. The site is certainly better with him as a part of all this. ^_^

With that said... I do not have the powers of a Head Mod, so I can only accomplish so much (and only ioi can provide those... so... yeah... ). But there are certainly some changes coming, starting with Mod Applications. Hopefully they'll begin next week, so look out for that. We're not only adding users that want to make this site the best it can be, but we're also making some changes within the mod team itself, from the top down.

Anyways, just wanted to let you all know what's happening from the inside. But be sure that this is all happening so that we can continue to make VGChartz an even better place to be.

Conegamer said:
MoHasanie said:
gergroy said:

I'll bear it in mind, as with your concern Kerotan. 

just want to give my 2 cents on this. I think Ka-pi would be a good mod too. Reason being he has posted in a lot of threads that get hot and bothered. Yet after reading countless posts i dunno what console he prefares. Seen positive and negative comments from him relating to everyone and all tend to be fair. 

Ka-pi96 said:

It looks like soony_xbone_U is annoyed about there being swear words in there rather than anything else and since they aren't against the rules here...

i know yeah. maybe he thought i was calling a poster a motherfucker which i wasn't as it's just a movie reference.