By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

Dumb ban.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7060352

"Right, excellent.  Like I said... they sure feel different to me and one feels better.  You arent going to change my opinion by saying the same thing over and over.  Same goes for the controller, feels like cheaper plastic to me.

You both dont seem to have a problem with me liking the ps3 and ps2 but how dare I not prefer the Ps4.  This site.... "

This user has been moderated for this post.

- Shinobi-san

The above moderation post was part of the post Jay was quoting, but now this user has actually been moderated for this post

-Torillian

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:

I challenge this moderation ... 

The poster DID NOT attack the user at hand ... 

What he was referring to was another member's belief, not the member itself ...

We will relook at this ban and work as a team to come to a consensus on it.

Thank you bringing it up and telling us why it deserves a second look.

EDIT: We misinterpreted the post (as you said), so we've scaled back the moderation. Still, he went above just critiquing Nem to paint him as a fool. So in that case we (Myself, Torillian, TruckOSaurus, AxumBlade, and ConeGamer) reclassified the isntance as a warning. Again, thanks for letting us know. ^_^

Smeags said:

EDIT: We misinterpreted the post (as you said), so we've scaled back the moderation. Still, he went above just critiquing Nem to paint him as a fool. So in that case we reclassified the isntance as a warning. Again, thanks for letting us know. ^_^

Now where's my achievement for overturning a ban ?

/kidding ofcourse

Thanks anyways though for the misunderstanding ...

fatslob-:O said:
Smeags said:

EDIT: We misinterpreted the post (as you said), so we've scaled back the moderation. Still, he went above just critiquing Nem to paint him as a fool. So in that case we reclassified the isntance as a warning. Again, thanks for letting us know. ^_^

Now where's my achievement for overturning a ban ?

/kidding ofcourse

Thanks anyways though for the misunderstanding ...

Oh, well...turns out I was busy making a special achievement for you.

*kicks rock*

So this'll do

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

gergroy said:
Toastboy was fine when he only talked about Xbox, but when he talked about other systems (especially nintendo) he couldn't help but flam/troll. The worst part about toastboy is that he would make bait threads and then report all the users that took the bait.

I wouldn't say toastboy was harmless, as he riled up certain sections of the user base pretty well. That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to toastboy coming back on a very short leash. Perhaps his time away has mellowed him, perhaps he could be given a second chance. Kirby was permabanned and was able to come back as a member in good standing. Maybe toastboy will do better with a second chance?

I like you, me and good standing :D

i will acknowledge you going forward from now

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I must say Kowenicki's ban is questionable.

I don't see anything wrong about his comment. Especially since he got ganged up on.

Hynad said:

I don't see anything wrong about his comment. Especially since he got ganged up on.

Now that you mention it I don't see what the big deal is either ...

It sure as hell wasn't pretty but I don't think he was baiting ... 

It's one of those insincere "woe is me" type of remarks ...

RolStoppable said:

If you guys want to find any sort of success with an appeal, you'll have to stick up for Tamron too.

Why do we have to stick up for Tamron and more importantly why should I have to find success with appeal especially on a place such as the internet ?

Ooh how I went off on a tangent ...

Hynad said:

The discussion between Kowen, Tachikoma and Tamron was perfectly fine and on topic up until Kowen's last line in the post that was moderated. All previous posts were discussing the content of the thread. This line by Kowen "You both dont seem to have a problem with me liking the ps3 and ps2 but how dare I not prefer the Ps4.  This site.... " doesnt address the content of Tamron's post in any way, it's only purpose is to question both Tamron's and Tachikoma impartiality and the validity of their posts. Its completely unnecessary, and changes the focus of the discussion to be about someones character and agenda instead of the topic at hand. Furthermore it entices a response from both users to defend their character and more than likely to respond with similar sentiments towards the user baiting. This is against the rules and i applied the rules accordingly.

Tamron clearly feels offended by the post, and responds in kind to say that Kowen is talking smack "Seems he just doesn't like being called out on talking smack.". Which is a clear example of flaming. Doesn't seem like anyone has a problem with this moderation, so I wont go into further detail.

If you could give me an alterior purpose to the last line of Kowen's post other than to bring into question Tamron and Tachikoma character and bias then i would like to hear it.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

RolStoppable said:

1. Because it would be the right thing to do as a matter of consistency.

2. Because you care, as is evident by you posting a lot in this thread right here.

1. In my book consistency =/= right ...

2. I'm relatively somewhat content with the way things are going ...

3. Welp, it looks like I can't do anything for Tamron at this point ...