By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Unity is 900p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One 'to avoid all the debates and stuff'

Kane1389 said:

Of course you cant. Superior RAM (without troublesome OS holding it back) together with a better optimization ( 1.84 Tflops on aconsole are vastly better than 1.84 Tflops on PC, so there goes your GPU comparisson) shit all over 'the PC' you are harping about here.

The ''PC'' in the video you posted doesnt even have a case lol and (quoting the video description) 'it can play games like Titanfall on high settings'. Big whopp, TF's graphicall fidelity is quite underwhelming and the fact that it can only play it on high settings, rather than ultra shows how underwhelimg it is. Especially considering PS4 can run games like Metro Last Light and KZ Shadowfall at 1080p 60fps which are graphically vastly superior to Titanfall

Do you even know what a teraflop is? Seems to me you're just using it as a buzzword to make it sound like you know what you're talking about.

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:

You're right. I made a mistake then and I apologize.... Thanks for providing sources!

So, here's this GPU instead: R9-270x
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161442&cm_re=r7_270x-_-14-161-442-_-Product

It's the same price, which keeps that build at $400 bucks, and it out performs the PS4.

You can do even better for $10 by buying a HIS IceQ R9 280 with 0.95Ghz clocks and 3GB of VRAM. This card overclocked to 1.15Ghz ~ GTX680/7970Ghz!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161456&cm_re=his_r9_280-_-14-161-456-_-Product

No doubt you can build a PC with a Pentium G3258 and R9 280 (~ 7950 @ 950mhz) and in 3-4 years drop a used i7 4790K in there and that will last another 3-4 years probably until PS6/XB2. Over those 7-8 years, the amount of money you will save on games will easily allow you to get an i7 4790K and a brand new GPU upgrade 2-3X. Heck, a $329 970 provides about 95% of the perforamnce of the 11 months old 780Ti's which retailed for $699 . On average GPU performance now doubles every 3 years. 780Ti ~ 970 is 2X faster than the GPU in PS4. That means in 3 years from now you could get a GPU for $350 that will be 2X faster than a GTX970 and again 2X faster in 3-4 more years near the end of PS4's life -- or 8X the performance of a PS4 at minimum in 6 years from now. 

I have known this for at least 15 years since I started building PCs -- that if you buy a lot of games, PC gaming is cheaper over the useful life os a console. Alternatively you can upgrade your PC every 3-4 years with the money saved from not buying 30-40 console games. However, I still consider consoles for their exclusives and for multiplayer games with friends. For that reason once Uncharted, God of War and some other cool games come out, I'll grab a PS4, while buying 95% of all cross-platform titles on the PC. 

As far as Ubisoft goes, their programmers can't code worth a damn. Far Cry 3 - stuttering mess on flagship GPUs, Watch Dogs - garbage, every AC game is an unoptimized turd (AC Black Flag isn't too bad). Ubisoft hasn't made a well optimized game in years. That doesn't mean Sony's first party developers won't squeeze awesome graphics out of 1st party titles in the next 6-7 years. I wouldn't use this titles as an indication that the CPU in current consoles is fully maxed out. I doubt Ubisoft spread the load across all 6 available CPU cores. 

BlueFalcon said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

You're right. I made a mistake then and I apologize.... Thanks for providing sources!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161442&cm_re=r7_270x-_-14-161-442-_-Product

It's the same price, which keeps that build at $400 bucks, and it out performs the PS4.

You can do even better for $10 by buying a HIS IceQ R9 280 with 0.95Ghz clocks and 3GB of VRAM. This card overclocked to 1.15Ghz ~ GTX680/7970Ghz!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161456&cm_re=his_r9_280-_-14-161-456-_-Product

No doubt you can build a PC with a Pentium G3258 and R9 280 (~ 7950 @ 950mhz) and in 3-4 years drop a used i7 4790K in there and that will last another 3-4 years probably until PS6/XB2. Over those 7-8 years, the amount of money you will save on games will easily allow you to get an i7 4790K and a brand new GPU upgrade 2-3X. Heck, a $329 970 provides about 95% of the perforamnce of the 11 months old 780Ti's which retailed for $699 . On average GPU performance now doubles every 3 years. 780Ti ~ 970 is 2X faster than the GPU in PS4. That means in 3 years from now you could get a GPU for $350 that will be 2X faster than a GTX970 and again 2X faster in 3-4 more years near the end of PS4's life -- or 8X the performance of a PS4 at minimum in 6 years from now. 

I have known this for at least 15 years since I started building PCs -- that if you buy a lot of games, PC gaming is cheaper over the useful life os a console. Alternatively you can upgrade your PC every 3-4 years with the money saved from not buying 30-40 console games. However, I still consider consoles for their exclusives and for multiplayer games with friends. For that reason once Uncharted, God of War and some other cool games come out, I'll grab a PS4, while buying 95% of all cross-platform titles on the PC. 

As far as Ubisoft goes, their programmers can't code worth a damn. Far Cry 3 - stuttering mess on flagship GPUs, Watch Dogs - garbage, every AC game is an unoptimized turd (AC Black Flag isn't too bad). Ubisoft hasn't made a well optimized game in years. That doesn't mean Sony's first party developers won't squeeze awesome graphics out of 1st party titles in the next 6-7 years. I wouldn't use this titles as an indication that the CPU in current consoles is fully maxed out. I doubt Ubisoft spread the load across all 6 available CPU cores. 

And watch as everyone tries to tell you that you're wrong :/

Don't people play games for fun anymore? Since when the resolution and FPS was all that matter?

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

OH! That is why it is not gonna be released on WiiU. Because it is gonna be so big it cannot handle it.

SUCH a bunch of losers there in Ubi. Fed up with their crap.

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:
BlueFalcon said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

You Pc types are so intelligently silly its baffling. Lik seriously, that is what shocks me the most about PC gamers. They seem to know so much yet so little at the same time. No thats not it, its not possible, I think they selectively choose what to know and not know. Here are a few things to consider.

• Console gaming is always going to be more straightforward than PC gaming. I hope we can all at least agree on this. No, don't say or think that cause you can everyone can or that everyone likes the idea of tinkering with parts and components and drivers. Console gaming will always be more plug and play than PC gaming.
  • But lets forget that and delve into this part swapping theory of yours. So basically you are talking about buying used parts and swapping them with what you ahve at periodical intervals. By your estimates you are talking about putting in a $300+ GPU three to 4  years later for instance that will give you 4-5 times the performance of what you have in a PS4. Cool, no argument there. But this is where the PC gamer logic baffles me. Are PCs the only place you can find used parts? How much will a used PS4 cost in 3 years time?So what if at that time you could also get a used PS4 for $170?
  • then this talk about saving money and buying 40 games at $40 and 60. Come on, lets be honest here.... how many AAA games are released on PC each year that have that $40 asking price to begin with? Do you guys realize that 15-20 of those 40 console games you mention are exclusives? And lastly, if you are smart enough to know that games on PCs are cheaper... you have to also be smart enough to know that its possible to buy games used on consoles right?
I am not saying that what you are saying about PCs are wrong... just that its a very biased way to look at the facts cause I could just as easily make counter argumnets. I think it all boils down to user prefernece. And it should be left at that. I find it somewhat pthetic how every thread dealing with "console" performance breaks down into a PC thread. Like don't you guys have a place where you can argue and bitch about AMD vs NVIDIA anymore? The whole console PC nonsense is like bringing a bazooka into a fist fight. And that is another display of silly by PC gamers when they can't see that.
Its like me going into a wiiU thread and showing pictures and stats of how much better the PS4 version of a particular game looks.... like duh?????????

900p? 30 fps?

This is the so-called next gen?

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

the-pi-guy said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

He's not wrong per se, but neither of you are looking at it from the perspective of consoles.  You aren't looking at their benefits.  

I'm a PC gamer myself, and I disagree a lot with what you said.  

I'm looking it from both angles. You can save money getting a PC as opposed to buying a PS4.

Intrinsic said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
BlueFalcon said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

You Pc types are so intelligently silly its baffling. Lik seriously, that is what shocks me the most about PC gamers. They seem to know so much yet so little at the same time. No thats not it, its not possible, I think they selectively choose what to know and not know. Here are a few things to consider.

• Console gaming is always going to be more straightforward than PC gaming. I hope we can all at least agree on this. No, don't say or think that cause you can everyone can or that everyone likes the idea of tinkering with parts and components and drivers. Console gaming will always be more plug and play than PC gaming.
  • But lets forget that and delve into this part swapping theory of yours. So basically you are talking about buying used parts and swapping them with what you ahve at periodical intervals. By your estimates you are talking about putting in a $300+ GPU three to 4  years later for instance that will give you 4-5 times the performance of what you have in a PS4. Cool, no argument there. But this is where the PC gamer logic baffles me. Are PCs the only place you can find used parts? How much will a used PS4 cost in 3 years time?So what if at that time you could also get a used PS4 for $170?
  • then this talk about saving money and buying 40 games at $40 and 60. Come on, lets be honest here.... how many AAA games are released on PC each year that have that $40 asking price to begin with? Do you guys realize that 15-20 of those 40 console games you mention are exclusives? And lastly, if you are smart enough to know that games on PCs are cheaper... you have to also be smart enough to know that its possible to buy games used on consoles right?
I am not saying that what you are saying about PCs are wrong... just that its a very biased way to look at the facts cause I could just as easily make counter argumnets. I think it all boils down to user prefernece. And it should be left at that. I find it somewhat pthetic how every thread dealing with "console" performance breaks down into a PC thread. Like don't you guys have a place where you can argue and bitch about AMD vs NVIDIA anymore? The whole console PC nonsense is like bringing a bazooka into a fist fight. And that is another display of silly by PC gamers when they can't see that.
Its like me going into a wiiU thread and showing pictures and stats of how much better the PS4 version of a particular game looks.... like duh?????????

1) True, but no one ever debated this.

2) First off, refurbished doesn't mean *used*. Second, no one mentioned anything about buying refurbished stuff 3 or 4 years into the PS4's life cycle. You're just arguing stuff no one said.

3) You seem to be less knowledgable on this topic. Mostly all AAA games that are released as multiplatform titles are release as $50 dollar games as opposed to $60 on the PC. Just take a look at Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation and the Borderlands Prequel on Steam if you don't believe me.

You can buy used games on consoles, this is true. However, some times the games are more expensive used than they are new (I.E. Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade Chronicles, etc.). To be fair, even on multiplatform titles, many times they are only 3 - 5 dollars cheaper than getting them brand new. With that said, you'd still be paying more money. Lets not forget tax (I don't pay tax when I buy my games on Steam).

Your last paragraph assumes that we're arguing points in which no one ever mentioned by you, and also assumes that half of what you said above is true, and it's not. So, no need for me to reply to it.

the-pi-guy said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

3) You seem to be less knowledgable on this topic. Mostly all AAA games that are released as multiplatform titles are release as $50 dollar games as opposed to $60 on the PC. Just take a look at Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation and the Borderlands Prequel on Steam if you don't believe me.

He said 40$.  And you're right 50$ is not 60$, but it's not 40$ either.  

He knows that most games come out at 50$, but few games come out at 40$.  

But that's the thing. No one said the games were $40 bucks but him. I argued they were $50 by showing the PC vs Console Price chart. So, I figured I'd just say $50. However, no one is debating the whole $40 dollar thing. No one.