By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can PS4 do what Wii never did? Now with Poll back in.

Will PS4 get through 2014 as the highest selling console every week of the year?

Yes 140 50.72%

No - Xb one will beat it at least once 55 19.93%

No - Wii U will beat it at least once 21 7.61%

No - Both Wii U and Xb on... 33 11.96%

Don't know/don't care/see results 27 9.78%

Total:276
alrightiwill said:
Same Binary. I think XBO will have one week, that being the China release. Possibly will be adjusted down, but the initial week will be high for XBO.

I don't think MCC will be a real console driver as I think most if not all of the Halo enthusiasts are already XBO owners

halo has not even 6m fans anymore? :(

:D

Around the Network

Speaking of China... how does one go about finding info on actual sales?

Fusioncode said:
amak11 said:
hahahahahahahaha No.

The PS4 will not dethrone the PS2. Gaming was at it's peak in that era, now it's slowing down...a lot

Did you even read the OP?

Nope, don't care either. Since 99% of other threads on this site delve in to off-topic. 

Depends on SSBU week. If Ps4 can beat that, then surely it can.

Xbox one probs beat it China week. Even if it didn't. Halo mcc will.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
kinisking said:

Maybe but by mid november will be in holidays sales territory, one big remake pack might not be enough.

Had it came on a regular month its be a sure bet to do it.  

70/30 yes, but maybe not.

Though to know for sure we should wait until something like March 2015 due to adjustments. VGC had ps4 beat in a few weeks in the past only to adjust it up and back to perma #1.

CosmicSex said:
Speaking of China... how does one go about finding info on actual sales?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

amak11 said:
Fusioncode said:
amak11 said:
hahahahahahahaha No.

The PS4 will not dethrone the PS2. Gaming was at it's peak in that era, now it's slowing down...a lot

Did you even read the OP?

Nope, don't care either. Since 99% of other threads on this site delve in to off-topic. 

So why bother posting?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

kinisking said:

Franchise fans fall into a few categories:

Will by anything with the franchise name on it (Halo Wars and Halo CE Anniversary are good indicators of the size of that fanbase).

Will buy any game with the name on it that is within the originating genre (as a FPS CE Anniversary is a good indicator of this, and also ODST)

Will buy the mainline games, but not spinoffs and remakes (Self explanatory)

And of course these groups have day 1 buyers and later on buyers.

I think Halo MCC is up for about a 500K launch week. And I think Xb one is up for about a 50K HW boost from it. The real Halo system seller is Halo 5. My guess is that PS4 will have more than a 50K gap on Xb one in November.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix