By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will LaiR and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Boost sales of the Ps3 for this Summer?

I was just looking at a few games for the Ps3 due to release this summer and was wondering ,,maybe these two games will be huge for ps3 owners.. ninja gaiden yes it is a remake but it has 3 extra levels enhanced graphics , new playable character..   add that with the fact that japanese and american and european ps3 owners probably haven even heard of this game or given it a chance since its been on xbox... so it could sell at least 250 thousand its first month not great but thats not bad at all either.. July 3rd is the release date so far

And Lair i have even more hopes for.. everytime i see it .. it makes me shiver.. never seen a game trying to do so much on such a large scale as that.. with beautiful graphics... the gameplay is the biggest question in lair.. if the gameplay is top notch i have no doubts that this game will sell big... at least 400k its 1st month if that happens you know Ps3 sales will boost and might even outsell the 360 from july to until halo comes out in september.. july 31st is the release date

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

Lair = Maybe, Its a wait and see. Personally I'm still not sold on the game yet. I still have a feeling its going to be a Major let down. Ninja Gaiden Sigma = Not a chance, Its a port of a 3 year old Xbox game, If you want to play it why not just drop $120 on an Xbox with the game. it will be a nice plus if you already own a PS3 but its absolutely nothing worth dropping $600 on.

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

yea i don't see Ninja Gaiden having an impact in America, might sell decent among ps3 owners. In Japan it might have a decent impact, but they are in a much deeper hole in Japan. Lair might have an impact but it will depend on how the game is marketed and reviewed.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

simply yes they will boast sales but not gona get to wii sales per week

CapAmerica said:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma = Not a chance, Its a port of a 3 year old Xbox game, If you want to play it why not just drop $120 on an Xbox with the game. it will be a nice plus if you already own a PS3 but its absolutely nothing worth dropping $600 on.

actually they boosted graphics, 1080p 60fps, new character to play as, new weapon, like 5 more hours of gameplay or something like that.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
CapAmerica said:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma = Not a chance, Its a port of a 3 year old Xbox game, If you want to play it why not just drop $120 on an Xbox with the game. it will be a nice plus if you already own a PS3 but its absolutely nothing worth dropping $600 on.

actually they boosted graphics, 1080p 60fps, new character to play as, new weapon, like 5 more hours of gameplay or something like that.

What he meant was that those feature are not likely to make people buy the PS3 just for that game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Xboxes are no longer made, therefore if you want Ninja Gaiden, you'd have to find a used one. At any rate, I believe NG Sigma will give Sony a larger boost than Lair will in Japan, and vice versa here in the states. Lair should give the PS3 a decent boost in the US, but help sustain sales.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Really depends on how hard they are marketed. Iam sure Lair will get similar amount of marketing as Resistance or Motorstorm got.

I hate to say it but I don't think so, I think sales will pick up toward the holiday season, I bethca they might have better titleslined up and do decent. especially if they drop their price, but I just realized.......what if MS dropped theirs??After all they have been out long enough, maybe they upgraded to the elite to discount/drop the 360 for the holidays, and if nintendo doesnt have enough to go aroud, some people may resort to the other systems!

Ninja Gaiden won't have any impact. Lair should have some impact, but I wouldn't expect it to be anything substantial. However, this is where things finally start to kick off and Sony stops looking at the PS2 as their system of choice. Heavenly Sword will follow Lair closely, and then from there the holidays look good. Warhawk, DMC, GTA, MGS, and Ratchet & Clank within a two month period. Still would be nice to see a price cut, though, but I wonder if they will use the lineup to test just how far they can push this $600 price tag.