By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Big Call of Duty 4 patch live

what % of those PC players would you guess have a headset?

Around the Network
dgm6780 said:
what % of those PC players would you guess have a headset?

~75%. Most PC gamers own headsets. That said, headsets aren't used in matches > 16 people per team or it would just be hell to listen to them. So, when you buy CoD4 on PC you really get 2 types of shooters. You get a squad based strategic shooter and a crazy "Blow the hell out of everyone" war style shooter. It's pretty cool having that option at all times.

Personally, my favorite way to play is hardcore 50 man Team Deathmatch. Favorite location is Crash or Winter Crash because I love to get up on the fenced rooftop over the square and snipe the hell out of people.

@coolestguyever: kinda hard to define "good" or "bad" when it comes to PCs.  It was built to play games, and it does that very well. So for me, it's good.   

thats my bad then naznatips, i thought they were more.

Well then my only complaint against computer gaming is I never got used to keyboard and mouse.

The negative about CoD4 on PC is I hear theres no Prestige mode....is that true?

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
coolestguyever said:
thats my bad then naznatips, i thought they were more.

Well then my only complaint against computer gaming is I never got used to keyboard and mouse.

np, most people don't really know how much it costs to build a gaming PC, and it's not like PC gaming doesn't have disadvantages.  Issues with operating systems, and needing to upgrade your GPU every 2 years to name a couple.  I just like the advantages more than the disadvantages.

I also know others like you who don't like a mouse and keyboard.  I don't use it in all games myself, which is why I own a wired 360 controller.  Plugs right into the USB slot on my PC and I can use it for games that don't play as well with a mouse and keyboard.  There are also PC versions of Dual Shock controllers if you prefer that style.  

I'm glad to see games like R:FoM2 stepping up and trying to bring the PC FPS advantages like high server caps to console users.  It's a lot of fun playing online with that many people. 

Around the Network

There's no Prestige mode in the PC version, no. But I honestly don't find it necessary or even desirable.

My PC plus the 22" monitor cost $670...it runs COD4 on medium settings...it can handle it on High in single player, but it lags like crazy during airstrikes on High in multiplayer for some reason. If I upgraded I'd probably just grab an 8600 or 9600 if they're cheap enough, it wouldn't be much more than another $100 to play COD4 on maxed settings.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm glad to see games like R:FoM2 stepping up and trying to bring the PC FPS advantages like high server caps to console users. It's a lot of fun playing online with that many people.

Other than lack of KBM, the server size is my single biggest complaint about consoles online.

Lack of mods suck, too, though I was never much of a mod guy myself.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

kasillas88 said:
The negative about CoD4 on PC is I hear theres no Prestige mode....is that true?

That's correct. Prestige mode (The ability to trade in your level 55 status and weapons and start over at 1 for a "Prestige tag" for those who don't know) is not in the PC version of CoD4. It would be nice if it were added at a later time, but I can live without it.

Edit: These 4 game modes are not in the PC version either:

• Ground War - Big team games -Team Deathmatch and Domination.
  • Mercenary Team Deathmatch - Team Deathmatch with random teams, no parties allowed. Use teamwork to kill enemy players and reach the score limit.
  • Team Tactical - Small team based games (3v3), includes Team Deathmatch, Domination, Headquarters, Sabotage, and Search and Destroy.
  • Cage Match - 1v1 deathmatch.
However, this is because all of these modes can be created easily by the server host on the PC version.  So, basically they were just added to the console version to make up for the lack of options.

I like a smaller game of 10v10, but 1v1? That'd just be boring with the COD4 maps hehe. 20v20 at least for the best battles I think.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

It's interesting talking to you guys about how different the experience is on the console. Since we are already in the discussion:

What guns do you guys find to be the best on the console versions? Do people snipe much? What are your favorite game modes/levels?

My favorite gun is the M16. 3 round burst kill is awesome. I find there are a good quantity of snipers in the PC version depending on the map. My favorite game mode is 50 man team deathmatch in Crash or Winter Crash, but I also really like 50 man Headquarters.