By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 70 - Smash Brothers - Wahahaha! Wario Wins! (And Mafia Too I Guess...)

Nicklesbe said:
Clyde32 said:
Xenoblade or we riot.

Xenogears > Xenoblade :p

Xenoblade>Xenogears>>>Xenosaga-1>Xenosaga-3>>>>Xenosaga-2

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
Nicklesbe said:
Clyde32 said:
Xenoblade or we riot.

Xenogears>Xenoblade>>>Xenosaga-1>Xenosaga-3>>>>Xenosaga-2

Fixed that for ya :D. If there was no Xenogears there would be no Xenoblade :P. I mean come on it's one of if not the best rpgs of all time that flawlessly combines anime with video-games, had a flying ship, giant robots and an arcade fighter mode. Does Xenoblade have that? HRM!?

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:
Clyde32 said:
Nicklesbe said:
Clyde32 said:
Xenoblade or we riot.

Xenogears>Xenoblade>>>Xenosaga-1>Xenosaga-3>>>>Xenosaga-2

Fixed that for ya :D. If there was no Xenogears there would be no Xenoblade :P. I mean come on it's one of if not the best rpgs of all time that flawlessly combines anime with video-games, had a flying ship, and giant robots. Does Xenoblade have that? HRM!?

Yeah. Actually it does. Maybe not in the same vain, but it does. 

Wonktonodi said:

I could have said most of it without the dead thread, if it makes you guys feel better about how you played to say those critiquing you had the advantage of hindsight and extra info. Go for it. Thats the problem with winning it's harder to see the mistakes you make when all you see is success.

you read the dead thread. Prof was sure you guys would lose becuae of how bad you were playing and bad luck (when he knew all the roles and powers) I was pretty much calling it for scum the moment I died. Even handed out blame on halloween before astro had even been lynched. Had you guys let me live and won, I'd be singing you praise. Then again had you let me live I think one of you could have still gotten away, but killing me should have been the end. But as I said on Halloween and still say now many factors contributed to the confusion over the hammer, but that was town, (spurge) modding and co modding, with only a little from the scum team. Had you come back as the only player saying you didn't know who hammered. The day would have been very different, but hey, you hit the jackpot, wish I had your luck that night that 300,000,000 jackpot from mega millions would have been nice.

You guys took a big risk and it paid off. Sometimes that works, more often I've seen it fail. While prof might think that town was way OP, all that power can come crashing down on itself. I think it was far more balanced than he gives himself credit for. It was swingy as hell but thats often the case with roll madness games.

I really shouldn't play this game though. I get way to angry at the way so many people play. It doesn't make it fun it makes it a chore. I put so much effort and when I see my team mates put in so little or in fact to things that really harm the team, it just upsets me.

I am done

So salty! I love it :P

Anyway, as I explained to you, killing you was a move we decided we had to move and planned forward for how to win the game with just one scum player left assuming I would get lynched for breaking with the plan. When the day broke, an opportunity fell in our lap (one we had already theorised that could be a possible cover) and I jumped on it and tried to use it to better our odds for winning by staying alive. You can call it luck if you want to, but it was an issue of adapting to an unexpected opening and being able to capitalize on it. Both Hylian and I broke from our plan somewhat that day to adjust to the new landscape. Of course, no one knows what would happen if I had been lynched and we were both aware at how challenging our situation was and that pulling out a win would be a long shot.

Now, if you look at the flip side of your argument. You said you would have targeted me if you hadn't trusted town to follow the plan and that you almost did. So, that's a mistake on your part. That is about understanding the game and how it is playing out. The scum team was very clear on what players we needed to take out in what order because we correctly identified the players who were invested in the game and used precise thinking, and the ones who approach the game more randomly. If you had read the other players well you would have know better than to trust them to follow the plan.

You can say that we relied on lottery level luck all you want, the facts are that we deliberatly exploited the weaknesses we saw in town and succeded in winning a game that was severly stacked against us after town stumbled into the ninja on day one.  In the end, we caught a couple of breaks and we also made a few mistakes, but everyone does. End of story is: I have the missing condom throphy.

impertinence said:
Wonktonodi said:

I could have said most of it without the dead thread, if it makes you guys feel better about how you played to say those critiquing you had the advantage of hindsight and extra info. Go for it. Thats the problem with winning it's harder to see the mistakes you make when all you see is success.

you read the dead thread. Prof was sure you guys would lose becuae of how bad you were playing and bad luck (when he knew all the roles and powers) I was pretty much calling it for scum the moment I died. Even handed out blame on halloween before astro had even been lynched. Had you guys let me live and won, I'd be singing you praise. Then again had you let me live I think one of you could have still gotten away, but killing me should have been the end. But as I said on Halloween and still say now many factors contributed to the confusion over the hammer, but that was town, (spurge) modding and co modding, with only a little from the scum team. Had you come back as the only player saying you didn't know who hammered. The day would have been very different, but hey, you hit the jackpot, wish I had your luck that night that 300,000,000 jackpot from mega millions would have been nice.

You guys took a big risk and it paid off. Sometimes that works, more often I've seen it fail. While prof might think that town was way OP, all that power can come crashing down on itself. I think it was far more balanced than he gives himself credit for. It was swingy as hell but thats often the case with roll madness games.

I really shouldn't play this game though. I get way to angry at the way so many people play. It doesn't make it fun it makes it a chore. I put so much effort and when I see my team mates put in so little or in fact to things that really harm the team, it just upsets me.

I am done

So salty! I love it :P

Anyway, as I explained to you, killing you was a move we decided we had to move and planned forward for how to win the game with just one scum player left assuming I would get lynched for breaking with the plan. When the day broke, an opportunity fell in our lap (one we had already theorised that could be a possible cover) and I jumped on it and tried to use it to better our odds for winning by staying alive. You can call it luck if you want to, but it was an issue of adapting to an unexpected opening and being able to capitalize on it. Both Hylian and I broke from our plan somewhat that day to adjust to the new landscape. Of course, no one knows what would happen if I had been lynched and we were both aware at how challenging our situation was and that pulling out a win would be a long shot.

Now, if you look at the flip side of your argument. You said you would have targeted me if you hadn't trusted town to follow the plan and that you almost did. So, that's a mistake on your part. That is about understanding the game and how it is playing out. The scum team was very clear on what players we needed to take out in what order because we correctly identified the players who were invested in the game and used precise thinking, and the ones who approach the game more randomly. If you had read the other players well you would have know better than to trust them to follow the plan.

You can say that we relied on lottery level luck all you want, the facts are that we deliberatly exploited the weaknesses we saw in town and succeded in winning a game that was severly stacked against us after town stumbled into the ninja on day one.  In the end, we caught a couple of breaks and we also made a few mistakes, but everyone does. End of story is: I have the missing condom throphy.

You guys deserve credit where credit is due. Just be sure to give it where it's just the same. town didn't "stumble" into the ninja day one. I set a trap that caught him. That same trap made me 70% sure hylian was mafia. 

You guys made a shit ton of mistakes. One of which was keeping me alive for so long. If you really wanted to take out the most invested players i sohuld have been your number 1 target especially since I had the whole mafia team finger day one AGAIN. Fact is you guys got lucky Cone poisoned me, and then you guys went and killed him.

So go through the thread again. Town handed you this game. You won becuase you dragged out the clock and basically exhausted the remaining town until they pretty much didn't care anymore. The remaining town lost all grip on logic and forgot everything that happened previously. Don't get me wrong you guys get credit for win and I'm not trying to discredit you or Hylian, you guys hung in there just don't be so prideful as to think you both weren't completely transparanet to anyone that was paying attention. I'm only telling you that so you can learn from it in the future. I think ya did well but ya got lucky and if cone hadn't of killed me there is no way you guys would have won.

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:

You guys deserve credit where credit is due. Just be sure to give it where it's just the same. town didn't "stumble" into the ninja day one. I set a trap that caught him. That same trap made me 70% sure hylian was mafia. 

You guys made a shit ton of mistakes. One of which was keeping me alive for so long. If you really wanted to take out the most invested players i sohuld have been your number 1 target especially since I had the whole mafia team finger day one AGAIN. Fact is you guys got lucky Cone poisoned me, and then you guys went and killed him.

So go through the thread again. Town handed you this game. You won becuase you dragged out the clock and basically exhausted the remaining town until they pretty much didn't care anymore. The remaining town lost all grip on logic and forgot everything that happened previously. Don't get me wrong you guys get credit for win and I'm not trying to discredit you or Hylian, you guys hung in there just don't be so prideful as to think you both weren't completely transparanet to anyone that was paying attention. I'm only telling you that so you can learn from it in the future. I think ya did well but ya got lucky and if cone hadn't of killed me there is no way you guys would have won.

Who would have thought winning in mafia would be so much fun! :D

I am getting almost as much enjoyment from all this "if only I had been left alive, you guys would be dead in the water" talk as from playing the game :)

Here's something to consider: You were not left alive, you died. If you had not been poisioned you would have died even quicker. And if we had killed you and cone poisioned someone else no one knows how the game would have played out. Maybe we would have bene able to win the game anyway, maybe we wouldn't. The only thing we do know is that all of town died, in an order and uner circumstances that worked out well for scum. I think it's a mistake to think that if things had worked out differently that everyone would have still played the same and everything would be sooooo transparent.

Anyway, I've been an ass about rubbing this in long enough. You can both (all) feel free to think you lost only because Hylian and myself were blessed by Fortuna, that's fine by me. I am pleased with my own game and how the scum team worked together and I sort of won. That's all I need. I hope a new game get's set up soon and that Wonk decides to play, and you as well, and Hylian. 

impertinence said:
Nicklesbe said:

I am getting almost as much enjoyment from all this "if only I had been left alive, you guys would be dead in the water" talk as from playing the game :)

Here's something to consider: You were not left alive, you died. If you had not been poisioned you would have died even quicker. And if we had killed you and cone poisioned someone else no one knows how the game would have played out. Maybe we would have bene able to win the game anyway, maybe we wouldn't. The only thing we do know is that all of town died, in an order and uner circumstances that worked out well for scum. I think it's a mistake to think that if things had worked out differently that everyone would have still played the same and everything would be sooooo transparent.

Anyway, I've been an ass about rubbing this in long enough. You can both (all) feel free to think you lost only because Hylian and myself were blessed by Fortuna, that's fine by me. I am pleased with my own game and how the scum team worked together and I sort of won. That's all I need. I hope a new game get's set up soon and that Wonk decides to play, and you as well, and Hylian. 

Except you guys wouldn't have killed me, and I was left alive, and would have been left alive because Hylian thought he could use me, I only died because Cone didn't trust me. You had no plans to kill me because you weren't thinking straight and you sure as hell weren't planning very well. You guys were in panic mode since day 1. Now you can either take my advice and go through your posts and see that you were transparent and learn from the mistakes you made or you can continue to be prideful dick. After all before I died I had you all lined up. I set up the logic and a solid vote plan before I died that had you both dead to rights. All town had to do was follow it, but they didn't.  I am glad you are fine with it tho seeing as how that is reality and you know it.

Nicklesbe said:
impertinence said:
Nicklesbe said:

Except you guys wouldn't have killed me, and I was left alive, and would have been left alive because Hylian thought he could use me, I only died because Cone didn't trust me. You had no plans to kill me because you weren't thinking straight and you sure as hell weren't planning very well. You guys were in panic mode since day 1. Now you can either take my advice and go through your posts and see that you were transparent and learn from the mistakes you made or you can continue to be prideful dick. After all before I died I had you all lined up. I set up the logic and a solid vote plan before I died that had you both dead to rights. All town had to do was follow it, but they didn't.  I am glad you are fine with it tho seeing as how that is reality and you know it.

Now this is where you're wrong. Maybe I'll share my QuickTopic, haven't decided, but I poisoned you because I trusted you to find scum too much. With that, eventually you would have started pointing the finger at me so with you removed I could take advantage of the chaos to survive.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Nicklesbe said:
impertinence said:
Nicklesbe said:

Now this is where you're wrong. Maybe I'll share my QuickTopic, haven't decided, but I poisoned you because I trusted you to find scum too much. With that, eventually you would have started pointing the finger at me so with you removed I could take advantage of the chaos to survive.

That's basically what I said lol. You were third faction and you didn't trust me because I was onto everyone.  When you are mafia or a SK the people that you trust that arn't on your team are those that you know you can fool and manipulate. You may have trusted the fact that I found mafia and that I would be onto you but you didn't trust me because you knew you couldn't fool me. If you did you would have kept me around and used me like Hylian tried to do.

Nicklesbe said:
impertinence said:
Nicklesbe said:

it burns, doesn't it?

Indeed, amazing performance again and just like last game you caught all of the scum team on day one and if only town would listen to you oh how different the world would be, right? I can see why you would call me a prideful dick. Well, despite all your mafia brilliance, town didn't follow your plan, you died and Hylian didn't. So how useful were you when you couldn't get town to follow your guaranteed path to victory? A key skill in mafia is to be able to bring forward the lynches you want. oh yeah, I almost forgot, town did lynch astro just like you wanted.

Thanks for the advice though, I know that I made mistakes and I'm not afraid to admit it. I guess mafia is just one of an endless skills that I can't master to perfection after just one repitition.