By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 70 - Smash Brothers - Wahahaha! Wario Wins! (And Mafia Too I Guess...)

As for the numerous attempts to peg my role as a psychiatrist.

As I have said many times, I am not a psychiatrist, I am a doctor. In fact, my full claim is this:

I am MewTwo, town protector. I have a power called Psychic Barrier. This ability lets me target a player at Night and it will protect the target from dying. In addition my PM states that if my selected target is a SK, he will be cured.

So, again, I am a doctor with an additional psychiatrist type twist. Again, my PM doesn't 100% confirm that there is a SK, just that I would be able to cure one if he exists. That's why I have been looking for SK's as long as our important power roles were protected by the hammer protection (and I was not outed as the doctor yet). I still think the poison attack was the SK and that the SK is either killed by the janitor or attacked me (or Stefl) last Night.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Well, our three options today are HylianSwordsman, Impertinence, and Astrogamer. They're really the only ones about whom there can be any lingering doubts.

I'm inclined to go for Impertinence, despite the fact that mislynching him last time was what lost us the game, he's been the one fomenting doubt about there being a serial killer running around out there, and i really doubt there is one given that we've had only one instance where there were double-actions at night, and since protection actions on our side were pretty clearly telegraphed, if there were two factions, we should have figured it out by now.

I think there aren't, so his role is junk, and he's actually scum.

Which isn't a great argument, but being as lifeless as town is now, it's something.

If someone can cook up a more convincing case for Astrogamer or HylianSwordsman, be my guest.

Well his role isn't complete junk. He is some kind of doctor. There was a poisoning that happened. Did you notice that Mario didn't disappear? Rosalina had flavor as to why she didn't fully disappear. She disappeared, but her star didn't, so they knew it was her. We never found out what WhiteEagle was character wise, suggesting that the janitor normally has the ability to make people totally disappear. Why Rosalina left a trace, I don't know, but I suspect it was a passive ability caused by her having the Luma. Mario, on the other hand, had no reason to have his character revealed. Mario could have poison mushrooms. His being the serial killer could be why his character was revealed even though the flavor said he disappeared. Look, all I know is that Imp has some kind of protective role. And he DID go to spurge. Now why would he go to spurge as a protective role? And if he's not a protective role, then why was spurge able to successfully track him? Clearly it wasn't a manipulative role, or spurge wouldn't have tracked him successfully. Clearly it wasn't a killing role, or spurge would have died. Imp IS a doctor, and he's probably also a psych, I just think he's scum because he insists your role does nothing.

HylianSwordsman said:
Mr Khan said:
Well, our three options today are HylianSwordsman, Impertinence, and Astrogamer. They're really the only ones about whom there can be any lingering doubts.

I'm inclined to go for Impertinence, despite the fact that mislynching him last time was what lost us the game, he's been the one fomenting doubt about there being a serial killer running around out there, and i really doubt there is one given that we've had only one instance where there were double-actions at night, and since protection actions on our side were pretty clearly telegraphed, if there were two factions, we should have figured it out by now.

I think there aren't, so his role is junk, and he's actually scum.

Which isn't a great argument, but being as lifeless as town is now, it's something.

If someone can cook up a more convincing case for Astrogamer or HylianSwordsman, be my guest.

Well his role isn't complete junk. He is some kind of doctor. There was a poisoning that happened. Did you notice that Mario didn't disappear? Rosalina had flavor as to why she didn't fully disappear. She disappeared, but her star didn't, so they knew it was her. We never found out what WhiteEagle was character wise, suggesting that the janitor normally has the ability to make people totally disappear. Why Rosalina left a trace, I don't know, but I suspect it was a passive ability caused by her having the Luma. Mario, on the other hand, had no reason to have his character revealed. Mario could have poison mushrooms. His being the serial killer could be why his character was revealed even though the flavor said he disappeared. Look, all I know is that Imp has some kind of protective role. And he DID go to spurge. Now why would he go to spurge as a protective role? And if he's not a protective role, then why was spurge able to successfully track him? Clearly it wasn't a manipulative role, or spurge wouldn't have tracked him successfully. Clearly it wasn't a killing role, or spurge would have died. Imp IS a doctor, and he's probably also a psych, I just think he's scum because he insists your role does nothing.

The only thing I insist on is that it's pretty questionable to assume Spurge was a miller, without any sort of questioning of that fact. If Spurge was an unaware miller then we might as well start questioning Radish since prof is basically running a bastard type setup and we can't be sure he's not lying in the PM's. Do we realyl want to start going down that rabbit hole?

And just so it is clear, that Spurge scanned scum when he was town doesn't necessarily mean Khan isn't a cop. He could have been turned around by Stefl who has a confirmed ability to 'steal' actions. If we are willing to assume that Spurge was an unaware miller, why can't we assume Khan might be a random cop?

Also to town: I get that you feel you want to put pressure and what not on me, but do you need to keep the vote at L-1? I can only post when I can post anyway, which will not be again until late tonight most likely. Are you sure you want to leave me one vote from getting lynched all day without having a plan in place or knowing who could sneak in a hammer vote?

Unvote

Around the Network

Wise enough, but it has to be one of you. I hate to fall into the bias that the more active player is less likely to be scummy, so i do apologize if I left the impression that i was voting simply because you're not around. But there are seven of us alive: Stefl and Radishhead who got confirmed by the PM snafu, to different extents. Me, Clyde who has been a great help to town, then the three of you.

Unless it's actually stefl, but why would mafia get two redirectors?

As for Spurge, it's either miller or my power doesn't ping scum. I'm not lying, so it's one of the two

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Where is stefl, anyway? He said he was analyzing me, but it's been two days, going on three.

Mr Khan said:
Wise enough, but it has to be one of you. I hate to fall into the bias that the more active player is less likely to be scummy, so i do apologize if I left the impression that i was voting simply because you're not around. But there are seven of us alive: Stefl and Radishhead who got confirmed by the PM snafu, to different extents. Me, Clyde who has been a great help to town, then the three of you.

As for Spurge, it's either miller or my power doesn't ping scum. I'm not lying, so it's one of the two

Thing is, if stefl is scum, he wouldn't be a redirector anyway, just as Yoshiya wasn't a bus driver. If he wasn't what he claimed, it would mean spurge was redirected to astro when he thought you didn't go anywhere, and if astro is in fact a princess, that would be why spurge saw his target not go anywhere, and then spurge wouldn't be lying. I'd suspect him, but he played a big part in getting Yoshiya lynched. Unless that was some sort of botched plan to get Yoshiya safely claimed as a town bus driver, or a way to get stefl's claim believed, then I'd say the simple fact that he helped so much with lynching Yoshiya is good enough for me.

Mr Khan said:

I concur that the situation is muddled, and Spurge being a miller is one possible solution. But it is not possible that he was a miller an knew about it. It would be beyond stupid to not claim after being scanned, and as the Day progressed it would be borderline insane to go into the Night and not claiming knowing he was heaping suspicion on the cop by not claiming. The only possible way for Spurge to be a miller is if he was not self-aware and that is a total low blow from prof if that is the case. That would be a bastard move and while possible, would also open the door for other dishonest rules. Such as you being a random cop, Radish being a fake good neighbour and who know what else.

Another explanation is that Stefl has been messing with your scans, I don't remember in which case he got confirmed by Hylian, but he obviously stole Spurge's scan once but that was the time you scanned Yoshiya if I remember it right. But this solution means that scum had two redirectors which is very strange as you say. 

I am not so confident in the town list as you are, as far as I'm concerned I am only 100% sure of Radish, but that is based on a PM from prof and if we're going to assume that he is running a bastard game, then that is out the window as well. For me, the most likely scum is Astro based on play style and the claim. That said, he had an opportunity to hammer me earlier and didn't take it. Of course, that could be because he knew a quick hammer would look very suspicious (it's what got him killed last game after all)

To be fair, I forgot what role you claimed! I'm pretty confident in your alignment.

Unvote

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~