By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 70 - Smash Brothers - Wahahaha! Wario Wins! (And Mafia Too I Guess...)

Wonktonodi said:
Clyde32 said:
Wonktonodi said:

then you need to be asking lots of questions and checking out roles on the mafiascum wiki. whose roles/ what aren't you sure of? Obviously only of those who have claimed.

What's the difference between a watcher and a tracker? Also, what does the busdriver do?

taken from the mafiascum wiki since they also cover another role that has been claimed this game

• The Tracker learns who a player targeted, but not what action that player performed.
  • The Follower learns what action a player performed, but not who that player targeted.
  • The Watcher learns who targeted a player, but not what actions were performed on them.
  • The Voyeur learns what actions were performed on a player, but not who targeted them.

a busdriver targets two players, and the actions that target one of those players instead go to the other, but the people who targeted those players aren't informed of it.

From yoshia's claim: He targeted Spurge and Astro. So everyone who targeted spurge actually targeted Astro, but they didn't know this.

So...if either Yoshiya or Spurge is mafia, they both are? 

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:
HylianSwordsman said:
I see people throwing suspicion on me, but are there any questions specifically for me?

I'll be back shortly, so ask in the meantime.

Some of the questions here http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6757816  

Also can you please explain how your powers work again, and have you used your X-shot yet? 

You were pretty confident Khan was scum and was wrong, what makes you so sure you are right about spurg? What makes you think /evidence do you have to support your theory that spurg is mafia? 

Where do you think you will end up voting toDay? Will you support my plan to get answers by lynching Yoshiya and helping get stefl or khan protection? I don't mean to vote now of course, we need to make the most of the time. In fact would you and everyone who hasn't yet please vote for an extension? 

How do you feel about spurg's misrepresentation of past events in both this game and last?

Why do you think raddish thinks his responses were genuine and that he might be town?

What do you think about Raddish's uncharacteristic vote day 1, and do you think if he was mafia that he would vote for his teams ninja day one? Do you think given thee context of events that anyone who voted for Padib could be mafia?

How do you feel about the replacements/those that didn't vote day 1?

I am a voyeur. I choose a target, and I see what night actions are performed on that target. My first night, I targeted myself, to see if Khan would investigate me, and I confirmed I was investigated. My x-shot can be used at the same as the voyeur ability. I used it night 2 while targeting Khan.

The evidence I have that spurge is scum is based largely in his claims. He said he watched a jester go somewhere. That's clearly a lie. Not even a redirector can make a player go somewhere when they have no night power. Redirector's change targets. If a player can't target anyone, like a vanilla townie, a jester, or any passive role, then you can't change their target, because they don't have a target and can't have a target. Spurge did not track Smeags to anyone, because Smeags did not go anywhere. That alone should be enough, but spurge also claimed he was roleblocked Night 2, if I'm not mistaken. I really don't think there could be a redirector and a roleblocker. We know there was a ninja, there seems to be a janitor, there seems to be a poisoner (possibly SK, as I've mentioned), there's probably a redirector, and there might be a daytalk enabler. But enough speculation. If I'm not mistaken, Stefl has said he can protect people as a localized lightning rod. He says he protected spurge, yes? Doesn't that mean there can be no redirecting or roleblocking or bussing or whatever? So he could have targeted Khan. Yet Khan wasn't tracked, so spurge chose not to go to Khan. He said he was roleblocked, but it was clearly his choice, not scum's manipulation.

I absolutely support your plan. I believe Khan is a normal cop. Yoshiya may not be a redirector, but he's probably scum. Stefl seems to be telling the truth, though his role is certainly out there, but as I said, it can be summed up as a localized lightning rod. He may be lying, so maybe we should just protect Khan to be sure, but we risk losing a powerful role. ToDay I will probably vote Yoshiya. He's probably scum. The strongest evidence in his favor is that whatever he did didn't kill Stefl, so that suggests he may in fact be some kind of redirector. If he's actually telling the truth, then, wow, that seems like strange scum play to me, so maybe he's town. But I'm inclined to trust Khan's scans. At the end, I'll help ensure the protection of either Khan or Stefl. The only reason I hesitate on protecting Stefl is that if he's actually scum and gets protected, we're all screwed. If he's in fact scum, spurge could easily be town.

Spurge's misrepresentation of things feels scummy as hell. People say this is how he plays, but I'm not buying it. As for radish...yeah that really threw me for a loop. Doesn't make any sense. If he wasn't confirmed town, I'd begin suspecting him for that. But if he, spurge, and stefl were on a team, it would make sense. I want answers right now, however, not to start considering new, complex possibilities. Occam's razor. Let's go with what we know. Khan's a cop, he thinks Yoshiya is scum. Let's lynch Yoshiya today, protect Khan either directly or through Stefl, and have Khan investigate spurge.

Regarding padib voters being scum, it's certainly possible, but I'd say probably no more than one. A Khan lynch was within reach. So likely they're mostly on Khan, possibly one on padib. It's also possible that one or two of the non-voters are scum. Obviously I think Yoshiya is one, but Stefl may be as well.

Clyde32 said:

So...if either Yoshiya or Spurge is mafia, they both are? 

not neccisarily, Yoshiya could have bussed Spurge with Astro to try and get a guilty or clean scan on him if they expected him to be scanned. Though that would strongly point astro, or spurge being scum. Yoshia could just be lying to set one of them up. That does remind me that I haven't voted Yoshiya yet.

Vote: Yoshiya

Time extension extends the time to 24 hours. It works only if you have less. There's no reason to do it now. If we do it now and get enough votes, it can't possibly work, can it? At what point is the time limit reextended to 24 hours? Right after it reaches 24 hours? Then it whiffs and we have to rally everyone again. Gosh people, read the friggin' rules post at the beginning of the thread.

It's almost 2 in the morning, I'm going to bed. I feel like I'm forgetting something, though.

Ah yes! Before I go, Astro, if you're the beloved princess, should we protect you tonight? Beloved princesses cause the loss of a day simply from dying, not from being lynched, or at least such is the standard, according to the wiki. Though there's a variation where it's only from lynching. Which are you? Kind of important to know, really.

HylianSwordsman said:

trim

The evidence I have that spurge is scum is based largely in his claims. He said he watched a jester go somewhere. That's clearly a lie. Not even a redirector can make a player go somewhere when they have no night power. Redirector's change targets. If a player can't target anyone, like a vanilla townie, a jester, or any passive role, then you can't change their target, because they don't have a target and can't have a target. Spurge did not track Smeags to anyone, because Smeags did not go anywhere. That alone should be enough, but spurge also claimed he was roleblocked Night 2, if I'm not mistaken. I really don't think there could be a redirector and a roleblocker. We know there was a ninja, there seems to be a janitor, there seems to be a poisoner (possibly SK, as I've mentioned), there's probably a redirector, and there might be a daytalk enabler. But enough speculation. If I'm not mistaken, Stefl has said he can protect people as a localized lightning rod. He says he protected spurge, yes? Doesn't that mean there can be no redirecting or roleblocking or bussing or whatever? So he could have targeted Khan. Yet Khan wasn't tracked, so spurge chose not to go to Khan. He said he was roleblocked, but it was clearly his choice, not scum's manipulation.

I absolutely support your plan. I believe Khan is a normal cop. Yoshiya may not be a redirector, but he's probably scum. Stefl seems to be telling the truth, though his role is certainly out there, but as I said, it can be summed up as a localized lightning rod. He may be lying, so maybe we should just protect Khan to be sure, but we risk losing a powerful role. ToDay I will probably vote Yoshiya. He's probably scum. The strongest evidence in his favor is that whatever he did didn't kill Stefl, so that suggests he may in fact be some kind of redirector. If he's actually telling the truth, then, wow, that seems like strange scum play to me, so maybe he's town. But I'm inclined to trust Khan's scans. At the end, I'll help ensure the protection of either Khan or Stefl. The only reason I hesitate on protecting Stefl is that if he's actually scum and gets protected, we're all screwed. If he's in fact scum, spurge could easily be town.

Spurge's misrepresentation of things feels scummy as hell. People say this is how he plays, but I'm not buying it. As for radish...yeah that really threw me for a loop. Doesn't make any sense. If he wasn't confirmed town, I'd begin suspecting him for that. But if he, spurge, and stefl were on a team, it would make sense. I want answers right now, however, not to start considering new, complex possibilities. Occam's razor. Let's go with what we know. Khan's a cop, he thinks Yoshiya is scum. Let's lynch Yoshiya today, protect Khan either directly or through Stefl, and have Khan investigate spurge.

Regarding padib voters being scum, it's certainly possible, but I'd say probably no more than one. A Khan lynch was within reach. So likely they're mostly on Khan, possibly one on padib. It's also possible that one or two of the non-voters are scum. Obviously I think Yoshiya is one, but Stefl may be as well.

While it's true a redirector couln't make a jester go somewhere else. Yoshiya did say bus driver as his role. So that would mean spurge could have tracked someone else to khan.  His claim of being blocked was from the lack of results, he at first thought they meant he was blocked but it could be that khan's role doesn't have him going himself (very very unlikely but a small possibility)

as for ridirector/bus driver/ roleblocker. In a game where everyone has a role I wouldn't be surprised at all with scum having the driver and blocker, in addition to the ninja and other role(s)

Around the Network

This game...

So, finally I got to go back and try to retrace all claims and actions that are all bungled together and as I suspected ... confusing as hell. One thing that seems set though, is that if Stefl is telling the truth, Spurge is lying about his Night action. No matter what manipulative roles are in the game that wanted to mess up the results, he should have gotten some sort of result from Khan. Unless there's more bus drivers at play and Khan was switched with someone also. It just gets too crazy for me, especially when the much easier explanation is that Spurge lied and he lied about Smeags as well.

So basically I spent a bunch of time rereading the thread, and came up with the same info that has been repeated a few times already in the thread. I have tried to go through the scenarios that would make sense assuming the claims made to be lies as well, but that just messed with my mind. In the end, there's just 4 people left to pick from and nothing has changed for me in that regard. I'd be fine with lynching any one of them except Hylian, he seems like a total reach as this point with so many shady characters to pick from.

And while I think Astro plays just as scummy as he did last game and I have as much faith in his claim as I do in the Greek government's financial policies it doesn't make sense to gamble with him either. To me it comes down to spurge or Yoshiya still.

Finally Hylian, risking your college education for a game of mafia is one thing, leaving a lady disrobed and distressed is quite another. Get your priorities in order young man!

Wonktonodi said:
HylianSwordsman said:

trim

While it's true a redirector couln't make a jester go somewhere else. Yoshiya did say bus driver as his role. So that would mean spurge could have tracked someone else to khan.  His claim of being blocked was from the lack of results, he at first thought they meant he was blocked but it could be that khan's role doesn't have him going himself (very very unlikely but a small possibility)

as for ridirector/bus driver/ roleblocker. In a game where everyone has a role I wouldn't be surprised at all with scum having the driver and blocker, in addition to the ninja and other role(s)

Bit didnt' Stefl say that he targetted Khan on Night 1 and didn't see anyone else targeting Khan? It's clear to me that either spurge or stefl are lying about what has happened at Night.

impertinence said:
Wonktonodi said:

Bit didnt' Stefl say that he targetted Khan on Night 1 and didn't see anyone else targeting Khan? It's clear to me that either spurge or stefl are lying about what has happened at Night.

I think you might be right, I should have made a post to try and compile the night one actions too. Though I will need to go find it to be sure, but before then trying to think of a possibility with all these roles that would allow them both to be telling the truth.

stefl and smeages bussed?

spurge redirected to stefl?

other?

i made a note of claimed night actions but deleted it, so this is from memory:

Spurge:
Night one tracked Smeags to Khan
Night two no result

Stefl:
Night one watche/protected Khan, no one targeted him
Night two: watched spurge, targetted by yoshiya, (and after pm mishap cleared up also radish)

Khan :
Night one scanned Hylian, no items
Night two scanned yoshiya, has balance board

Hylian:
Night one, watched himself, was targetted by khan
night two, watched khan, no one targeted him

Yoshiya:
Night one, did nothing but got message he was roleblocked
Night two, bussed Spurge to Astro

Astro:
All day and all of the night: Sat around eating cake

CAUTION:
the list above is from memory, it might be incorrect or miss some things. You should verify the list for yourself if you want to try to make sense of it.