By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN Plus price increases "slightly" in South Africa

Wow I just have to say something here.

I live in South Africa and I can tell you that direct currency conversion doesn't tell the full story. You can't just convert our currency into yours and see it as a direct comparison.

Money earned in this country is considerably lower than actual first world countries for doing the same jobs. As for our currency's drop in worth, it's getting worse every year and we're well on our way to a Zimbabwe like situation. Having a monkey for a president who didn't even complete formal grade schooling doesn't help

Around the Network
vivster said:

50% is "slight"? - No

Also 50% is "nearly double"? - No

izra709 said:
Wow I just have to say something here.

I live in South Africa and I can tell you that direct currency conversion doesn't tell the full story. You can't just convert our currency into yours and see it as a direct comparison.

Money earned in this country is considerably lower than actual first world countries for doing the same jobs. As for our currency's drop in worth, it's getting worse every year and we're well on our way to a Zimbabwe like situation. Having a monkey for a president who didn't even complete formal grade schooling doesn't help

We know that.. in the country itself its absolutly a horrible price raise.. we're trying to make clear why a company as Sony would do something like this

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

That's why you buy PS+ until the end of the gen with PSN cards on sale :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Well, if you're in SA or Russia and are enjoying your PS+ subscription I'd stack up now, buy like 2 or 3 years if you can.

Around the Network

It's to help fund the fight of Ebola.

poklane said:
Well, if you're in SA or Russia and are enjoying your PS+ subscription I'd stack up now, buy like 2 or 3 years if you can.

Which probably is the plan of Sony, which needs the money now and not in 2 years ;)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

poklane said:

Well its nice from sony that they gave like a 3 hours notice before the price increase was made effective.. gonna guess stores have removed the one year sub cards

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

watch out for the outcry of the UK gamers in 2015, the pound will get monkeyhammered after caMORON is reelected. it will get ugly.

Still the best deal no matter how you look at it. Prices here are more expensive than US for a subscription by like $15 and the living costs, income, etc, are very different.

Welcome to the disparities of the world!

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...