By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom and their Wii "tests" - What are they storing for us Wii owners?

Riot Of The Blood said:
It's really just a bunch of bull.

Capcom has already stated that they're a multi-platform company. I really don't what "tests" you guys are talking about. I'm guessing you guys just heard John Lucas say it and decided to go with it. Capcom has already been giving Wii great support. Capcom games for the Wii include the following: Resident 4, Okami, Resident Evil Zero, Zack & Wiki, and Monster Hunter. All of those games are very, very high quality games. Now, let's compare it to the HD support. Capcom games on the HD consoles: Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Bionic Commando, and Street Fighter IV. If you ask me, the Wii's Capcom support is every bit as good as the HD consoles support.

Personaly, I think you guys are asking for to much. The Nintendo Wii, despite it's sales, is not going to get every game. There's money to be made on every console, and Capcom is taking advantage of that fact. Also, Capcom has stated that Megaman games will be on the Wii and DS. Nintendo fans have nothing to worry about, as Capcom is giving Nintendo's platforms tons of support.

agreed. though you forgot re:uc and we love golf as other noteable wii titles.

Around the Network
shams said:
Lets not forget that the Wii is getting Monster Hunter III. Similar category to RE(?), and thats huge enough to not be considered a test (but a live run :>).

That's also true. Monster Hunter is a big, BIG deal in Japan. As in, Monster Hunter Portable and its sequel pretty much single-handedly saved the PSP from total irrelevance.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Maybe these aren't "tests", but in actual all the Wii will ever get. I'd call getting Monster Hunter 3 a lot more than a test. Maybe they just don't want to put RE5, or SFIV on the Wii?

Riot Of The Blood said:
It's really just a bunch of bull.

Capcom has already stated that they're a multi-platform company. I really don't what "tests" you guys are talking about. I'm guessing you guys just heard John Lucas say it and decided to go with it. Capcom has already been giving Wii great support. Capcom games for the Wii include the following: Resident 4, Okami, Resident Evil Zero, Zack & Wiki, and Monster Hunter. All of those games are very, very high quality games. Now, let's compare it to the HD support. Capcom games on the HD consoles: Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Bionic Commando, and Street Fighter IV. If you ask me, the Wii's Capcom support is every bit as good as the HD consoles support.

Personaly, I think you guys are asking for to much. The Nintendo Wii, despite it's sales, is not going to get every game. There's money to be made on every console, and Capcom is taking advantage of that fact. Also, Capcom has stated that Megaman games will be on the Wii and DS. Nintendo fans have nothing to worry about, as Capcom is giving Nintendo's platforms tons of support.

Don't forget about Monster Hunter 3 which is arguably Capcom's biggest Japanese franchise.

I agree, even though most are ports, Capcom has given the Wii some of the best 3rd party support this gen and I feel nothing but greatful towards them even if they didn't release another game.

Now, if they do rise to the occasion and give the Wii RE5, then they'll be aces in my book for quite some time. Either way, I love the company and I love their games. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

After seeing the sales of Devil May Cry 4 I am inclined to think nothing will ever come of Capcom's tests.  In fact anything from now they call a test I will say they are bull shitting.  Resident Evil 4 and Umbrella Chronicles were test and Wii passed those tests in flying colors.  But I think following DMC4 Capcom will now see that in all probability it would be much more lucrative to develop a multiplatform PS3/360 game than bring a massive game to Wii.  So I don't think they have anything big planned for Wii and I think from here now on anytime they use test they are just deceitfully saying it to encourage Wii owners to buy their so called test game by making Wii owners think that if they buy the game it would result in Capcom releasing something great.  

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Maybe these aren't "tests", but in actual all the Wii will ever get. I'd call getting Monster Hunter 3 a lot more than a test. Maybe they just don't want to put RE5, or SFIV on the Wii?

And yes, I contribute MH3 directly to the Wii's success and the PS3's failure in Japan. Putting MH3 on the PS3 would have been a terrible mistake by Capcom and they knew it.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

DMeisterJ said:

"All the Wii will ever get", angry sony fanboys always bashing the wii, but theres no reason about it, it's on its second year. Also you gotta remember all the big projects were first planned for 360 and PS3, so just wait and you will see even better games on the wii in the upcoming months.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Capcom's doing what they've done for...well quite some time. No console allegiance, but they know which consoles are best for what games they want.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

MH3 is huge in Japan, but to the rest of the work it will hardly touch 250-300K, unless Capcom make a strong push to localize this and market it intelligently.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

tuoyo said:
After seeing the sales of Devil May Cry 4 I am inclined to think nothing will ever come of Capcom's tests. In fact anything from now they call a test I will say they are bull shitting. Resident Evil 4 and Umbrella Chronicles were test and Wii passed those tests in flying colors. But I think following DMC4 Capcom will now see that in all probability it would be much more lucrative to develop a multiplatform PS3/360 game than bring a massive game to Wii. So I don't think they have anything big planned for Wii and I think from here now on anytime they use test they are just deceitfully saying it to encourage Wii owners to buy their so called test game by making Wii owners think that if they buy the game it would result in Capcom releasing something great.

Why on earth do you think developing for the HD consoles is more profitable.

In case you didn't know: developing for HD is much more expensive than for Wii. DMC sold about 1.5 million, which is great, but a game like RE:UC probably generated a bigger profit.

MH3 already proofs that Capcom will put it's biggest Japanes franchises on Wii. And Mega Man will come, which is also a massive game (especially if they reinvent it like Metroid).