By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is the better TPS Game?

Which is the better game?

Gears of War 47 29.56%

Uncharted 112 70.44%

Total:159

Gears of War has tighter and more refined shooting mechanics, whereas Uncharted has stronger writing (which isn't saying much when compared to Gears of War) and elaborate set-pieces.

The single-player in the Gears of War franchise kept improving with each subsequent game, but the multiplayer has been uneven. The original Gears of War had great maps, but the weapon balance was terrible (the shotgun dominates almost every match). Gears of War 2 had somewhat better weapon balance, but the overall package was unfinished and broken mess. Gears of War 3 was was easily the most refined game in the series. Gears of War: Judgement was, for lack of a better word, unnecessary.

Uncharted has a bit of an uneven franchise. The original Uncharted was good, but unremarkable. Uncharted 2 on the other hand was a fantastic game, and one of the best games of 7th gen. Uncharted 3 was better than the first game, and even had the best multiplayer component in the series. But it took a nosedive in the writing department. It was obvious that Amy Hennig was barely involved in the development process. Then there's Uncharted: Golden Abyss, which I haven't played. Therefore, I can't judge it.

I enjoyed Uncharted 2 more than any of the Gears of War titles, but Gears of War has been more consistently good series. So, it's a tie for me.

Around the Network

Incomparable. They are simply too different. It's like comparing Aliens to Raiders of the Lost Ark. Both great, but different in so many ways. Just because the view is 3rd person and shooting is an option doesn't mean they have much in common.

The Uncharted series has better overall games. But gameplay-wise Gears is still top dog when it comes to TPS. Everything just feels really fluid.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

BraveNewWorld said:
The Uncharted series has better overall games. But gameplay-wise Gears is still top dog when it comes to TPS. Everything just feels really fluid.

Contrary to popular belief, Gears has a well put together story.

Nothing cliche aboutit also.

Goatseye said:
BraveNewWorld said:

Contrary to popular belief, Gears has a well put together story.

Nothing cliche aboutit also.

Huh he said it was cliche? Or are you just meaning in general? Most know Gears has a well put together story as far as I can tell. SOme just feel Uncharted had a better story or maybe better characters/character development I think that's what gets them probably.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

Gears is good, but it's NO Uncharted. No sir.

bubblegamer said:

In what? It's a better GAME.

Uncharted might be a better movie. Gears controls surpass any TPS to date. Check it's competitive matches on Twitch and Youtube if you don't have the game.

It's from the guys that made Unreal Tournament, gameplay first and story later.

Goatseye said:
bubblegamer said:

Uncharted might be a better movie. Gears controls surpass any TPS to date. Check it's competitive matches on Twitch and Youtube if you don't have the game.

lol calling Uncharted a movie! "opinions" like this are not worth reading.

Uncharted hands down is a better TPS game.

bubblegamer said:
Goatseye said:
bubblegamer said:

lol calling Uncharted a movie! "opinions" like this are not worth reading.

Your opinion. Like Daredevil's above mine.

I have no problem with that.