By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is the better TPS Game?

Which is the better game?

Gears of War 47 29.56%

Uncharted 112 70.44%

Total:159

Dont enjoy Gears (only played the second one), didnt Uncharted until the 3rd one.

I had more fun playing uncharted for sure, but it gets tireing killing so many waves at times. I personally enjoyed Binary domain more than both except for the 3rd uncharted wich i loved aswell.

Around the Network

From what I've played - Gears 1/2 and Uncharted 1/2 - Gears is the better series. The first game is the finest third-person shooter ever made, in my opinion.

Uncharted is an excellent series with all-time great production values, but Gears is a deeper, smarter, and, ultimately, more enjoyable shooter.

Well Uncharted is not really a TPS IMO. Gunplay wise Gears EASILY takes the crown. Overall game I would have to say Uncharted IMO. Gears 1 was a MASTERPIECE and my favorite of the entire series. Gears two was a step down and Gears 3 was good but didn't capture me like 1 did.

Uncharted DF was a great game. Uncharted 2 AT was the best game of that series. Uncharted 3 DD was good but not as good as DF and nowhere near as good as AT IMO yet again lol.

So I loved the shooting aspects of Gears and it was as good as it gets as far as a TPS goes smooth and had some great weapons as well. And I also really enjoyed the story and characters in Gears. But OVERALL I felt UC was better and that the story and characters were better as well they "gripped" you more if that makes sense. But for me Gears is a TPS while Uncharted is an action-adventure game.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

kowenicki said:
Wright said:

No Judgment? FOR SHAME!

Oh I played it.... and stopped.  its shit.  I'm honest when it comes to the games I like. I'll go back and finish at some point for completeness, but I dont consider it a proper Gears game.

I'll tell you the same that I tell everyone who hated Judgment: You'll enjoy Aftermath. It's just a shame that it lasts 2 hours and you have to unlock it by playing the Judgment campaign, but I'd say two awesome hours indeed.

Love the Gears series one of my favorites. Just started Uncharted 1 last night and really enjoying it, so we'll see.....

Around the Network

I only played Gears of War 1 and 2 and Uncharted 1and 2.I have Uncharted 3 in my PS backlog.I will play it soon.

I totally agree :)

Next Gen Uncharted will be awesome =)

Gears of War series > Uncharted series

Gears 2 > Gears 1 > UC2 .... > Gears 3 > UC3.... >>> UC1..... >>>> Judgment
(     amazing games        )         ( good games )         (decent)               (shit)

We can and should just pretend Judgment didn't happen. 

JustThatGamer said:

Gears of War series > Uncharted series

Gears 2 > Gears 1 > UC2 .... > Gears 3 > UC3.... >>> UC1..... >>>> Judgment
(     amazing games        )         ( good games )         (decent)               (shit)

We can and should just pretend Judgment didn't happen. 

I never understood why people only consider "good" the third Gears of War. It's my favourite, by far.