By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 20th September Week (PS4 passes 11m on VGC)

celador said:
Didn't someone work out that between Sony's 7m and 10m announcments the PS4 was averaging around 160k? And that included all the worst months of the year. And now it is only 178k? Despite September being a stronger month for sales and Destiny still being advertised and a new Disney Infinity. Seems a bit low to me.

But hey, we still got some numbers, so that's good.

Seems to me PS4 is undertracked in US + EU, XB1 overtracked in US + EU

At least VGC didn't commit the XB1 ROW mistake as a few weeks back with that few-hours adjustment

Around the Network
celador said:
Didn't someone work out that between Sony's 7m and 10m announcments the PS4 was averaging around 160k? And that included all the worst months of the year. And now it is only 178k? Despite September being a stronger month for sales and Destiny still being advertised and a new Disney Infinity. Seems a bit low to me.

But hey, we still got some numbers, so that's good.

INdeed, so those 178k crazy. Cant wait for offficial announcement from sony, it will be undertracked by a huge amount again

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

poklane said:
bananaking21 said:
PS4 is majorly undertracked here on VGC.

I'm still enjoying the fact that Sony announced 10mil while VGChartz was saying 9.1mil :D

They might as well put the missing units to China. That way they won't have to adjust so much when it releases there^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

So, Seece just got what he's been asking for, huh?

Great week for PS4 and XBOne! Still wondering how the 3DS is doing that well. Wii U better get its act together!

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

bananaking21 said:
poklane said:
bananaking21 said:

I'm still enjoying the fact that Sony announced 10mil while VGChartz was saying 9.1mil :D

lol yeah, i am beting we are close to 12 million by now, i think sony might announce it soon. 

Nope, sony won't announce 12M. Its an irrelevant milestone all things considered. Dunno what VDC is doing, but going off VGC by the end of september PS4 will probably be at around 11.2M, the real numbers could very well have it be at around 12M. I think its a safe bet to see PS4 doing 17M at least by the end of the year. I expect the next official announcemment to be at around 20M. Don't know if that will happen by GDC in march or between that and E3.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
poklane said:
bananaking21 said:

lol yeah, i am beting we are close to 12 million by now, i think sony might announce it soon. 

comon

ps4 is still overtracked in us (end of august)

and nearly spot on for japan and uk

where are those 1 million sales?

Can't believe the Wii U is back in the 40,000s, even the PS3 is beating it So much for the 60,000 baseline. Poor Vita too...

poklane said:
bananaking21 said:
poklane said:
bananaking21 said:

I think that might be a bit much. 11.6mil, maybe 11.7mil would be my guess.

VGC updated 6 weeks since the 10 million announcment, and its been a month and 20 days since Sony announced the number. VGC is already 250k undertracked at the week sony announced 10m. with Destiny week, the week after and Fifa week it should be close to 12 by now. 

prinz_valium said:
bananaking21 said:
poklane said:
bananaking21 said:

comon

im sure ioi is more credible than sony them selfs when it comes to PS4 sales. but the rest of EU and asia could be very well undertracked. we know PS4 is doing A LOT better than what PS2 and PS1 where doing there. other markets are growing for consoles. 

prinz_valium said:
bananaking21 said:
poklane said:
bananaking21 said:

comon

It is not over tracked lmao. It has been under tracked here since launch.