By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U now now has folders

ninjaman003 said:
amak11 said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:

^^ I 2nd that...

Also we need to play Wii games with just the gamepad, not addictional Wii Controllers.

Are you going to sit there and patch all the games to not use the Wiimote? i think not. So suck it up and buy a controller or don't complain. At least they have offered backwards compatibility this generation... 

He means classic controllers. I understand both arguments though.

They should have never offered to play Wii games on the gamepad then. It has nothing to do with Backwards compatibility, I am fine playing my Wii games on my T.V.

What I don't like is using a Wiimote on a little screen like the Gamepad where the senser is not as strong as the console one. Plus it's a huge hinderance to play Wiimote exclusive titles on it (LoZ:Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime Trilogy). How am I going to play those games from far away on such a small screen.

I have 4 Wiimotes because I had an Original Wii, that's not the problem. I feel Nintendo teased us into believing that someday we will be able to play all our favorite Wii games in the corner of the living rooms like we saw on the Previews b4 the console came out, similar to a GBA device, only not as portable. Now we need this controller and that controller to play on a small ass screen, who's comfortable playing games like that? It's really clunky playing Wii games while looking on a gamepad using other controllers right in front of it.

I mean if we can play eShop games w/o additional controllers, why not Wii games?

Around the Network
Slarvax said:

We are always negative... Towards Nintendo and the Wii U.

It's better to troll Nintendo and the Wii U than to be negative. Trolling gives you a chuckle.

ninjaman003 said:
Slarvax said:

And NNID! I can't only say positive things, specially if I support them.

True, I guess. You did say always though.

A bit of a hyperbole.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

NintendoPie said:
Slarvax said:

We are always negative... Towards Nintendo and the Wii U.

It's better to troll Nintendo and the Wii U than to be negative. Trolling gives you a chuckle.

But being negative makes you sound like a smartass!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
ninjaman003 said:
amak11 said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:

^^ I 2nd that...

Also we need to play Wii games with just the gamepad, not addictional Wii Controllers.

Are you going to sit there and patch all the games to not use the Wiimote? i think not. So suck it up and buy a controller or don't complain. At least they have offered backwards compatibility this generation... 

They should have never offered to play Wii games on the gamepad then. It has nothing to do with Backwards compatibility, I am fine playing my Wii games on my T.V.

What I don't like is using a Wiimote on a little screen like the Gamepad where the senser is not as strong as the console one. Plus it's a huge hinderance to play Wiimote exclusive titles on it (LoZ:Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime Trilogy). How am I going to play those games from far away on such a small screen.

I have 4 Wiimotes because I had an Original Wii, that's not the problem. I feel Nintendo teased us into believing that someday we will be able to play all our favorite Wii games in the corner of the living rooms like we saw on the Previews b4 the console came out, similar to a GBA device, only not as portable. Now we need controller and that controller to play on a small ass screen, who's comfortable playing games like that? It's really clunky playing Wii games while looking on a gamepad using other controllers right in front of it.

I mean if we can play eShop games w/o additional controllers, why not Wii games?

You'll never be able to play motion controlled games with just the gamepad, it wouldn't work. I do agree that those compatible with classic controller should be able to use the gamepad. I don't think that even be hard, just make the Wii menu think that the gamepad is a classic controller.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
ninjaman003 said:
Slarvax said:

And NNID! I can't only say positive things, specially if I support them.

True, I guess. You did say always though.

A bit of a hyperbole.

I understand that, but if you support a company you should have more positive things to say than negative things. 

Nintendo is unbearably slow with this kind of crap. It's embarassing.

When can I watch Netflix without the gamepad? Hulu plus? I can use the eShop without it, but I still can't buy anything without the gamepad. What's the point? And why do VC releases take forever?

There's so much they need to do and they just don't do it.

Overdue much? This should have been available since launch. >_>

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Pic

ninjaman003 said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
ninjaman003 said:
amak11 said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:

^^ I 2nd that...

I have 4 Wiimotes because I had an Original Wii, that's not the problem. I feel Nintendo teased us into believing that someday we will be able to play all our favorite Wii games in the corner of the living rooms like we saw on the Previews b4 the console came out, similar to a GBA device, only not as portable. Now we need controller and that controller to play on a small ass screen, who's comfortable playing games like that? It's really clunky playing Wii games while looking on a gamepad using other controllers right in front of it.

You'll never be able to play motion controlled games with just the gamepad, it wouldn't work. I do agree that those compatible with classic controller should be able to use the gamepad. I don't think that even be hard, just make the Wii menu think that the gamepad is a classic controller.

At least do that, Twilight Princess, Fire Emblem:RD, Mario Kart Wii, Brawl, and MANY more games would be amazing on the Gamepad.