By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Doing Very Well Despite the Naysayers.

Jega is the new Toast Boy :D lmao!!

Around the Network
sweetoothj said:

First I like to say I am laughing at the fact you're ignoring the Bayonetta arguement because all of the talk about how people buy ps4 games more because of slightly better graphics is pretty much destoryed. And again if revewers see that the ps4 version is way better they would've rate higher. They would think the xbox one verson was gimped. That is why all the games I've list on the ps3 version was docked points. Also, the whole "rob yourself out of luxery" is pretty pointless because what about PC gaming? PC offers way better graphics, fps ,customization and more. If you really want the "superior multiplat game" than it's obvious you would get the pc version. But guess what, almost nobody in the real world cares about slighly better graphics between ps4/ xbox one. Almost nobody cares about superior multiplatform titles because if they do games like Bayonetta on the xbox 360 would've sold more and pc gaming would be more popular. The fact is most consumers just look at the game and think it is the same. Sony gets a way with a lot in the console world because of their brand name alone. Besides I rather invest my money on a console with great exclusives, great online infastructure that doesn't get hack or doesn't go offline all the time and knowing the company behind it won't go bankrupt anytime soon.

Unfortunately, you're only talking in opinions rather than facts, so your arguments don't hold much water here.

The Bayonetta argument actually supports my reasoning and shoots down yours. The PS3 suffered from many technical issues including a shoddy framerate, which greatly affects how one plays the game. This is why points were taken off on the PS3 version. Also, Bayonetta didn't sell well for reasons unrelated to graphics performance. It was just not a popular game hence why the 2nd game is exclusive to the Wii U.

Not everyone can afford a high performing gaming rig. It requires a lot of money to build one not to mention PC versions of multiplats are rarely fully optimized. And if your PC isn't good enough to play the games at max settings, then tough luck. Gotta shell out more money to upgrade the GPU. People buy the PS4 because it's very convenient and all it takes is to plop the Bluray disc inside the tray.

If most people look at the game and think its the same, why are we seeing PS4 multiplats seeling considerably better? These additional sales don't just pop out of holes in the ground. That's because consumers can perceive differences in resolution and framerate. As I have mentioned already, there were studies that looked into this matter. http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/720p-vs-1080p-can-you-tell-the-difference-between-hdtv-resolutions/ and (http://web.cs.wpi.edu/~claypool/papers/fr/fulltext.pdf 

Forza horizon 2 isn't exactly wanted because of the graphics.. The graphics on it is quite last gen with better contrast. So reaching 1080p isn't exactly suprising due to the *not rich* graphics.

Btw: Forza Horizon 2 doesn't even have real car physics or any natural elements to it at all. The speed isn't even affected by driving off-road. These cars isn't exactly meant to be off-roads. In real life these cars would have been broken and everyone who drove off would reach the end-line by a tow-truck.

There is so much missing on this game when it comes to dynamics and effects. Even when it rains it looks last gen.

This game was meant to be 100% arcade and it doesn't have any other weight on the graphics to be called next-gen.

I rather be real about it and be a naysayer, then being a delusional idiot praising everything on the XB just because it's XB.. There is a difference between being loyal and being blindly loyal.

I don't care who wins but Sony fans do deserve to be the *360 fanboys of this generation* so shut the fuck up and pay your due for the Karma you all gladly deserves for being such shitty fanboys last gen. this Gen you all have turned hypocrites with hating sony fanboys for the exact same shit you all threw in their faces last gen.

Driveclub got more effects, better visuals, better sounds etc etc, so if there is any Next-gen graphics.. it's driveclub. Everyone who say: Forza looks better then Driveclub are either blind or living in denial.

Microsoft haven't been leading shit. Everyone is forced to buy the Microsoft software, it's not like we want it. It's either Mac or PC.. so yeah, we are forced to it. Valva is coming out with a new OS soon and i bet microsoft will have a hard time on the software marked when that happen

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

If games on the Ps3 had a poor review compared to the 360 version because of being Graphical inferior, it's a good review.

If the games on the Ps4 get the same score as the XB1 even though the Ps4 had better graphics, Res, frames and more effects then the XB1 version.. it's clearly a little biased on the reviewers side. so they gained loyalty from the 360 and i am sure they aren't pleased with that they see. so instead of giving the Ps4 version 1-4 extra or more points as it deserves. They give it equal to please microsoft.  Microsoft have been proven to bribe Activision to gimp the PS4 version to be the exact same as the XB1 version as a marketing scheme. 

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

On another note, anyone noticed that Jega's signature just keeps getting longer and longer? o.o Seem to recall that at the beginning of all this, he was kind of 'Well, I think that the Xbox One has a pretty good chance of doing well, and will be okay,' and now it's escalated to full on 'Xbox One will dominate and catch up globally and destroy the competition in the U.S. it's INEVITABLE!' o_o It's like the wider the sales gap gets, the harder the bluffing becomes.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network

There's tons wrong with the OP, but I must say, this Jega thread is actually an improvement on previous ones. And at some level it is true that Xb one is doing OK. If you think about recent performance vs. its main competition: Wii U. The Boost Wii U got from MK8 (an exclusive with a massive history) was less than the boost Xb one got from Destiny (a new IP, multiplatform, with exclusive advertising and content on PS4). And Destiny sold more on Xb one at launch than MK8 did on Wii U.

My prediction, back in January, I think, was that the placements in the generation will be predictable by LTD sales from launch to the fend of the first June for a console. Xbon'e end of June 2014 LTD was 4.6 million. Wii U's end of June 2013 LTD was 3.2 million. I stand by that prediction and predict that Xb one will sell more than Wii U before the generation ends.

But "doing very well" is seriously overstating things.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Your only factual point is that "the XOne is selling better than the X360". The problem is that after a better launch, the XOne is selling clearly less than the 360, and fail to achieve a domination in the USA. And it will continue to worsen because the console being totally outsold, it will take much less market shares of the console market.

Jega said:

Xbox One is still tracking ahead of the Xbox 360 despite being $100 dollars more than the Xbox 360 at launch.

This matters not one iota.  The Xbox 360 had virtually zero brand recognition outside of the 'Halo Box'.   The landscape the 360 released in was far different than the Xbox One released in).   Which is why the Xbox One has been very disappointing.  The Xbox One is DoA and it's been DoA since the PS4 announcement.   Microsoft may be learning slowly, but theyre reptitious cycle of software and PC port exclusive libraries along with anti-consumer policies and poor pricing are exactly why they are sitting where they are now.   They may manage to salvage America, but the rest of the world they will lose badly and in America they will certainly lose tons of ground to Sony from last generation.

teigaga said:
Garland said:

When the system is dominating like Xbox 360 was, yes. But it's not. 

Microsoft is already heading down back towards the Original Xbox where it's sales were very small. More people are picking up PS4's, & the gap between the sales of Xbox One & PS4 are getting bigger & bigger.

They really aren't. By the end of the year Xbox will be approaching 8-10m. Its really not comparable to the original Xbox and in 2015 it should be up YOY outside of January.

Microsoft can easily manage a worldwide baseline of 80-100k next year and the majority of that will come from north america. PS4 sales are irrelevant to Xbox's individual profitability, so it doesn't matter if the gap is increasing.

Sure, you keep thinking that, buddy.

ExplodingBlock said:
Please leave these threads to toast boy thank you very much!

Why? Both Jega and toastyboy are very amusing users! :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---