By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In my opinion, the number one thing Nintendo should improve the most...

lol N64 games in AUS are going up in price. Its just the nature of their games. They also have a high resale value on eBay.

Around the Network

I am a third worlder and buying games digitally is much cheaper than importing the retail game.
My complaint is that most of Latin America has no e-shop so most people end up using a fake canadian or american account. I don't have a problem with the prices.

I bought a humble bundle for the first time one or two months ago, it included KOF13, Age of Empires 2 HD, Crusader Kings 2, and I feel as if I stole money from them, that is too much value for what I paid.

Nintendo published games don't go down often, but there has been sales in the eshop usually third party and indie games. I know Atlus and Ubisoft had some sales in the past.

Nah, no complaints here. They gave you a free game with the Purchase of Mario Kart 8 man. What developer does that? You could have chosen from NSMBU2, Pikman 3, The Wind Waker, and Wii Party U. Those were like the best games for the Wii U at the time.

Plus their are tons of deals on the Price Drops section on the 3DS weekly, so I'm good. And if your a Club Nintendo Member, you can register the games you purchased, get coins for each one, and redeem them for other games and prizes.

Nintendo treats me well!

It would be nice if prices go down a bit, but it is definitely not "the number one thing Nintendo should improve the most". They have to fix the public perception of the Wii U somehow and get more people to buy it. It's an amazing system with great games, yet does not get the appreciation it deserves. Lowering prices in the eShop does not fix that.

I wish we had the Tropical Freeze sale in Europe though, and you also had a SM3DW sale among others so it doesn't really seem that bad ;)

Around the Network
artur-fernand said:
the_dengle said:
That's hardly exclusive to the eShop. Official price cuts in the eShop will match official price cuts at retail, which are few and far between for Nintendo.

You're right, and that sucks big time. Just to illustrate:

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-Galaxy-2-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002BSA388/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411799465&sr=8-1&keywords=super+mario+galaxy+2

A game from 2010, mind you. Wtf?

I am familiar with their pricing practices.

It doesn't bother me much. Time is more valuable than money. I am far more likely to dismiss a game because I don't want to spend my time playing it than I am to dismiss one because I don't want to spend my money on it. I've never regretted paying full price for a Nintendo game, the ones I've bought have all been worth it.

Mario Galaxy 2 can cost whatever it wants. It's a great game with no imitators. It was worth $50 in 2010, it is worth $50 now, it will be worth $50 until someone outdoes it.

Some people buy way more games than me, so of course it would be outrageously expensive for them to pay full price for every game. Many games can be bought at 75% or more off their original price, even some Nintendo games.