By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will The Wii U Even Get 20 Games Next Year?

Well this year will finish with over 20 retail releases for it, and that's without nearly as many first/second party titles as whats already scheduled next year. So I don't see why it won't make it next year too. Most of the big third party support was cut off this year already. Not much left I can see pulling out,

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Talking retail releases ...

Even if all the scheduled Nintendo games release without delay

Mario Party 10, Yoshi's Wooly World, Fatal Frame V, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Xenoblade, Star Fox U, Kirby's Rainbow Curse, Devil's Third, Legend of Zelda gives us 10. 

Lets throw in a Mario Galaxy HD Collection for fun. That's 11. 

Now third party ... Lego Marvel Avengers and Lego Jurassic World are rumored. I guess those would make sense. Project CARS I guess, though I highly suspect this will be canned before release. Skylanders + Disney Infinity are two more. I guess Just Dance 20394848 too. 

Even assuming these games, though we're still only at 17 actual releases for the full calendar year. It's too bad that Monster Hunter 4 for Wii U turned out to be a mistake. 

Now to correct you and say that the Wii U version was planned before the PS4 and One versions. The PS4 and One versions only came about because of the similarity to the PC architecture that allowed for easy porting. Besides this was a crowd funded project, not a self funded game. The game itself has Wii U backers.