By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will The Wii U Even Get 20 Games Next Year?

Course the Wiiu will have bloody more than 20 games in 2015 you fool.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

PlayStation Network: paddy2k7

I own PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 2 slim, PlayStation 3 60gb, PlayStation 3 slim 1tb, PSP, PS Vita 32gb and PlayStation 4.

Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Gameboy/colour, Advance/Sp, Wii.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

From the Nintendo side their release list is fairly full, I'm not sure if they will release many more games. 11 Nintendo releases in a year is actually a lot. 

Toad is literally a five man project. More projects like that wouldn't be out of the question though what would they be made for...? Wouldn't be surprised if Garage picked up Miyamoto's pet projects as well and made them into the sort of mini-game release that Toad is looking to be for a lower price.

There's a few titles missing from your list but they don't really change the length by more than two or three. All in all, given what we know so far I would guess at around 21 being a fairly possible number of games coming out over the year, plus whatever game expanding DLC they plan to offer for the mainstay titles like MK8 and SSB4U.

There's also a few in-house devs, particularly the western ones, that have been quiet on the game front since their last release, and that may show up on the WiiU or 3DS. Retro has been quiet and hiring, Next Level as well, the new EAD branch was for game development but not sure for which console, Camelot hasn't said made anything obvious since Mario Golf: World Tour.

Yup 20+ should happen. With the userbase heading north of 10 million it may not be surprising to see the return of sportss games to the platform next year

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Well, from those 11 games:
- 8 i am buying for sure
- 2 i am on the fence: Devil's Third and Kirby (sorry buddy, need to see more of that)
- 1 is not coming 2015: Star fox

So, i don't really know how i am going to keep up with that + 3DS titles + eShop.

Seece said:
How many has it got/will it have this year?

25ish maybe, if the VGC game database list is anything to go by. But there are only 85/298 games in total with any sales recorded against them.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Some studios have been fairly quiet recently.

I suspect that some previously handheld-only studios (Camelot, for one) will make the shift to Wii U development for 2015.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

They will have more than 20 games, and I see a longshot for even 25-30.

Of course any little 3rd party support they will get would be delayed Watchdog style, but it will be more than 20 nonetheless.

Soundwave said:

Talking retail releases ...

Even if all the scheduled Nintendo games release without delay

Mario Party 10, Yoshi's Wooly World, Fatal Frame V, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Xenoblade, Star Fox U, Kirby's Rainbow Curse, Devil's Third, Legend of Zelda gives us 10. 

Lets throw in a Mario Galaxy HD Collection for fun. That's 11. 

Now third party ... Lego Marvel Avengers and Lego Jurassic World are rumored. I guess those would make sense. Project CARS I guess, though I highly suspect this will be canned before release. Skylanders + Disney Infinity are two more. I guess Just Dance 20394848 too. 

Even assuming these games, though we're still only at 17 actual releases for the full calendar year. It's too bad that Monster Hunter 4 for Wii U turned out to be a mistake. 

You missed Shin Megami Tensai x Fire Emblem. ;)

Plus there will be other we don't know of yet.

Out of the list I will buy only 4 for sure and there are 2 maybes. Which will leave me with 6 holes in my gaming schedule... maybe I will really reduce my backlog.

At present, my buy list is: (Assuming they come out in 2015;  have my doubts for some of them)

Definitely:

Captain Toad

Yoshi's Woolly World

Splatoon

90s Arcade Racer

FAST Racing Neo

Xenoblade Chronices X

Fatal Frame 5

Zelda

Maybe:

Devil's Third

Starfox