By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Destiny Game to be released every 2 years.

Should Activision be burned at stake for this?

YES! KILL THEM WITH FIRE! 82 71.30%

No, don't! If you do tha... 33 28.70%

Total:115

"New Destiny Game to be released every 2 years? That's impossible!" you might think. But while wandering the internet, I discovered this document between Bungie and Activision. Here, I'll show you: http://documents.latimes.com/bungie-activision-contract/

Look at the second page, and be enlightened. 

Around the Network

it's an improvement over the yearly releases they did with call of retrocess.

Why would that be impossible? They paid the $500 million for what was it 4 games? The team is jsut gonna continue work without any down time waiting for the clearance and script to be done.

Didn't know the 10 year plan included buying a NEW game at full retail price every 2 years...

I feel most of us have been played for suckers...

crushingsound said:

it's an improvement over the yearly releases they did with call of retrocess.

The only reason Call of Duty can do that tho is because they had 2 development teams (now 3), which are also assisted by other studios such as Raven Software and Neversoft (merged with Infinity Ward).

OT: This is what you should expect from Activision. However, I wonder if Bungie is good enough to make 1 game every 2 years, while also supporting the previous games with patches and DLC, while making a good enough brand new game. This has been a struggle for Call of Duty developers for years.

Around the Network

So if i read that right "Destiny 2" will be cross gen also??

if this is true they need more development time, two years is not enough to make another full retail destiny title. bungie had at least 3 years for halo, and the first destiny was in development since 2009 at least.

UpwardRapier said:
if this is true they need more development time, two years is not enough to make another full retail destiny title. bungie had at least 3 years for halo, and the first destiny was in development since 2009 at least.

It's possible. The entire script could of been completed already. It has been in the making for 4 years. Think Lord Of the Rings planning.

I really don't think it matters how long it takes the game to be released as long as it's good.

There are plenty of games that have two year development cycles and turned out good. Games that have had yearly development cycles even.

A series like Musou that's has no less than five releases a year though. Yeah. Those games are crap. Doesn't mean everything is going to be.

UpwardRapier said:

So you can't have 2 teams working parallely?

Ubi is doing this to the extreme with multiple teams to squeeze out an AC every year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.