By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie responds to Miyamoto

The problem with only reading what people have said means comments like this can be seen as a put down by another company but what either said could have been meant as a tongue in cheek jokey comment, where as most people seem to think it''s one company having a go at another.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
And Miyamoto was not even saying any of that...he didn't mean to take a jab at Halo. He just meant he could make a typical Halo-style FPS, but that's not the kind of game he likes to make.

I have no doubt Miyamoto could make an FPS. Hell, I'd love to see a Mario FPS, or TPS(Third Person), and I bet it'd sell like crazy.

But the Halo brand did come out of nowhere. There were plenty of FPS's on the market before Halo, but Halo, like you said, is mainstream and more accessible, therefore more popular.

At least Miyamoto didn't say he could make a Halo Killer. That would've been just silly, and the reason Killzone 2 will likely disappoint when it finally arrives.

Halo is a generic first-person shooter with little features, repetitive enemies, and a very typical plot. I don't know why the hell people play the game in the first place. Metroid's a lot better if you look at it.

I do not own a 360 but , I already told myself im purchasing one in a few months!!Cant wait!

Cursayer said:
Halo is a generic first-person shooter with little features, repetitive enemies, and a very typical plot. I don't know why the hell people play the game in the first place. Metroid's a lot better if you look at it.

I think Metroid is a better game, though it's not a better shooter...you have to hold still to aim up or down...and there's the whole "lock-on" thing...it's not a FPS in the traditional sense.  The new game might be more like one though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I lawled at their comment. But I don't think what Miyamoto said was stupid. He was just making a point.

Really don't get how his comment could be taken so out of propotion by so many people. I don't know if anyone actually read the interview that is that angry about it but to my understanding Miyamoto said yes I could make a first person shooter like Halo but that isn't my type of game. Now to me the only reason he used Halo is because the interviewer used Halo as a point of referance in his question when asking about whether he could make games that were percieved as less Japanese-centric. His response was that he could make a game like Halo as in a FPS not a game that would become as popular as Halo. Just let it go neither company is making the others games anytime soon so who cares.

LOL funniest thing ever if it's true, I hope they release it on Xbox Live...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

yea he just meant that he could make games like halo, but chooses not to. I don't doubt that he could make it though.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

JDWolf36 said:
Really don't get how his comment could be taken so out of propotion by so many people. I don't know if anyone actually read the interview that is that angry about it but to my understanding Miyamoto said yes I could make a first person shooter like Halo but that isn't my type of game. Now to me the only reason he used Halo is because the interviewer used Halo as a point of referance in his question when asking about whether he could make games that were percieved as less Japanese-centric. His response was that he could make a game like Halo as in a FPS not a game that would become as popular as Halo. Just let it go neither company is making the others games anytime soon so who cares.

I've just come to the conclusion that people hear what they want to hear.  It's how gossip gets started in the first place.  People just wanted something to talk about so they puprosefully took the comment out of context.  The whole thing is silly.  I'm not a big fan of Miyamoto, but it was pretty clear his comment has been taken the wrong way.

-Darkness