By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny: This game sucks.

ethomaz said:

I found this gif that shows how my playstyle with Fusion Rifles works.

8 guys in a row is my record.

PS. The guys in gif is not me... just a example how good you will be if mastered the Fusion Rifle.

Ok, I thought I didn't like the fusion rifle because when I first started the story, I didn't like that you had to charge to shoot it. But that gif makes that type of gun seem way OP.

Around the Network

I've already voiced my opionion a few times because it helps to displace my frustration and anger, but Destiny in its current release form is incomplete.  I agree with Angry Joe when he stated that the sad part is that Bungie/Activision clearly took pieces of the game away to milk more cash out of folks to have the complete version via paid DLC.  That's exactly what's happening.  The promised epic story is non existent and the missions are painfully repetetive. Like many others, I feel ripped off for the $60 which should have been a complete and satisfying experience.  I was expecting a rich "space opera" type story with sharply defined characters and enemies.  What you wind up with in this first Destiny game is very good multi-player albeit also very shallow.  I was expecting more of a Mass Effect storyline where the plot moved you forward in the game.  The concept of just leveling up doesn't cut it for me and I know for many others.  My guess when all of the expansion and DLC is finally out, the game will be what it should have been all along -- a rich story, cool characters and better missions to plow through.  I hope this developer/publisher strategy that is all about a cash grab is not the norm of the future.  That would really suck!  So much for Bungie being an elite developer on par with Naughty Dog.

BMaker11 said:

Ok, I thought I didn't like the fusion rifle because when I first started the story, I didn't like that you had to charge to shoot it. But that gif makes that type of gun seem way OP.

The gif was made in a fast speed than the game... each shot of the Fusion Rifle needs 1-2 seconds to recharge... you have this vunerable time between you hold the trigger and the shot happens.

But if the shot happens and you didn't miss the then it is kill... I use a lot predicting where the other player will show... like I over in a wall and already have a view where the guys is so I start to charge and just spot in time to aim and the shot happens.

Needs a lot of skills but the result is wonderful.

m0ney said:
I don't know what the disappointed people expected - it's a multiplayer shooter, all you do is shoot people in the face..................... Personally I'm not interested in those games and will never buy them no matter how hyped they are.

from what I saw you mostly shoot robots in the glowing parts ..  as we know robot designers always love to place LEDs at structural weaknesses

@BMaker11... A video with Fusion Rifle... the guy shows how it works.

Around the Network
m0ney said:
I don't know what the disappointed people expected - it's a multiplayer shooter, all you do is shoot people in the face..................... Personally I'm not interested in those games and will never buy them no matter how hyped they are.

the lack of mission structure variety, apathetic storytelling, and wtf loot drops are the three primary issues I have with the game. 

the mechanics are great, but what is it without adding a bit of spice to the gameplay to differentiate between missions?  it pretty much feels like an incomplete game, which is surprising considering how long bungie has been working on this game (they started development prior to Halo Reach's release!)

roborad said:

the lack of mission structure variety, apathetic storytelling, and wtf loot drops are the three primary issues I have with the game.

the mechanics are great, but what is it without adding a bit of spice to the gameplay to differentiate between missions?

I guess Raid was made for you

ethomaz said:

roborad said:

the mechanics are great, but what is it without adding a bit of spice to the gameplay to differentiate between missions?

I guess Raid was made for you

but it takes a good 40h or more to be able to play that Raid if you want to have a chance to complete it (lvl26+)

and you need 5 people that are just as dedicated/even more dedicated to the game

Lafiel said:

but it takes a good 40h or more to be able to play that Raid if you want to have a chance to complete it (lvl26+)

and you need 5 people that are just as dedicated/even more dedicated to the game

I played it already four times... and I can't see anybody finishing it at begining... you need to play and get better on Destiny before start Raiding.

To be fair reach first lvl 27... with lvl 26 you will have trouble yet.

And people to play Raid is what I receive more request... everybody somebody is making a fireteam... today I saw two groups recruinting guys but it is my work time yet.

bevochan said:

They need to patch the multiplayer because it's not balanced.  Too many knife melees and shotgun kills.  Also, too many trading kills with melees.

If you are dying from melee and shotguns, then your problem is not balance.  Your problem is that you just aren't very good and haven't figured out how to counter those attacks.  (tip, don't let them get close to you)